1. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    01 Oct '21 16:50
    @divegeester said
    This is creative thinking!

Maybe I could take my own food and wine and then come away with big enough refunds to part pay for the holiday itself.

PS Tuchel got it tactically wrong again against Juve.
    Watched the Villarreal game that was on at the same time. Just felt I should support them as I knew somebody who once went to Spain.
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    01 Oct '21 16:53
    @divegeester said
    You know when you’re in a restaurant and you order your food and drinks etc but while it’s being prepared the waiter leaves a little wooden tray containing your cutlery and a few slices of bread which you didn’t ask for but seems like a nice gesture, so you munch away on it while you wait. Then they charge you €5 for it! Nowadays I refuse to pay for the bread and don’t eat there again.

Bread.
    That's the Europeans for you. Cheeky buggers.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Oct '21 17:05
    @relentless-red said
    Watched the Villarreal game that was on at the same time. Just felt I should support them as I knew somebody who once went to Spain.
    Rather than watch the reigning champions of Europe and get an idea of their flaws.

Nevermind then, partisan head in rectum as usual.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Oct '21 17:06
    @trev33 said
    That's the Europeans for you. Cheeky buggers.
    We in Europe are all “Europeans”
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    01 Oct '21 17:08
    @very-rusty said
    I have been to a restaurant where they charge you extra for mushrooms and onions when you are getting steak.

-VR
    That's absurd, don't they realize the cow dung helped the onions and mushrooms to grow? What's next, charging for peas with a fish supper?
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    01 Oct '21 17:101 edit
    @divegeester said
    We in Europe are all “Europeans”
    But there's different level of European you see, non EU, non euro zone are just entry level.
  7. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    01 Oct '21 17:14
    @divegeester

Two consecutive defeats. We'll learn a lot from the reaction against Southampton.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Oct '21 17:25
    @trev33 said
    But there's different level of European you see, non EU, non euro zone are just entry level.
    Being trapped within the anti-Democratic political miasma of the (so called) ‘European Union’ has absolutely fuk-all to do with being “European”.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Oct '21 17:28
    @relentless-red said
    @divegeester

Two consecutive defeats. We'll learn a lot from the reaction against Southampton.
    We could could learn a lot from you guys, but probably need another 3 or 4 defeats on the trot first 😉
  10. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    01 Oct '21 17:45
    @divegeester said
    Being trapped within the anti-Democratic political miasma of the (so called) ‘European Union’ has absolutely fuk-all to do with being “European”.
    Thats what an entry level European would say.
  11. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    01 Oct '21 18:48
    Mexican food restaurants in my part of the US normally automatically serve a basket of tortilla chips and salsa at the table when you first arrive, and there is no charge for that. This is usually brought to the table when they bring the menus. (However, I have seen some that will charge if you want a refill of the chips or more salsa, but not always...) But that first serving is not billed. It's just complimentary.
  12. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    01 Oct '21 19:33
    @mwmiller said
    Mexican food restaurants in my part of the US normally automatically serve a basket of tortilla chips and salsa at the table when you first arrive, and there is no charge for that. This is usually brought to the table when they bring the menus. (However, I have seen some that will charge if you want a refill of the chips or more salsa, but not always...) But that first serving is not billed. It's just complimentary.
    Pubs in Liverpool used to have a pan of free scouse on the bar on occasions. Haven't seen that since the 90s and that was in a pub that is now closed down. I think you still get free Tapas in some bars in rural Spain so maybe that's how that tradition got to Mexico.
  13. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    01 Oct '21 21:02
    I don't do much cooking in our household, she who is most beloved is a great cook, and I'm happy in the role of kitchen assistant, but I bake all the bread. Hand - kneaded of course, I quite like doing the messy jobs, I've tried all kinds but standard production is two tin - loaves, white flour, with a generous amount of olive oil added after kneading. (That's when it gets really messy) Stick it in the tins, then when the dough's risen stick your fingers in the dough and add some more olive oil. Simple but effective and it does for everything.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Oct '21 21:07

Removed by poster

15. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    01 Oct '21 21:34
    @indonesia-phil said
    I don't do much cooking in our household, she who is most beloved is a great cook, and I'm happy in the role of kitchen assistant, but I bake all the bread. Hand - kneaded of course, I quite like doing the messy jobs, I've tried all kinds but standard production is two tin - loaves, white flour, with a generous amount of olive oil added after kneading. (That's when it ...[text shortened]... r fingers in the dough and add some more olive oil. Simple but effective and it does for everything.
    amazing
    that sounds exactly like my bread, substituting coconut oil for the olive oil
    i love that crispy texture one the top and the moist, chewy bottom
    i'm gonna go start a batch right now

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree