Plausible Misunderstandings

Plausible Misunderstandings

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
31 Mar 20
2 edits

@indonesia-phil said
The two versions of the sport are so different; IMO rugby union is complex, fast moving and totally engaging, rugby league is a bit like watching grass grow.
I will only be watching the grass grow if I can be sure of then seeing rugby played on it. But I wouldn't go so far as to say I actually LIKE watching grass grow.

F

Moves
31 Mar 20

@drewnogal said
As is a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.
If by poke you are referring to buying a pig in a poke, then I can hardly inspect the merchandise beforehand if you are pushing a sack into my eyes using a tapered pole.

Über-Nerd

Moves
31 Mar 20

@fmf said
Not directly. They loaded it onto a lorry at the station first, drove it here, and then I unloaded it from the lorry.
More like fell off the back of a lorry.

F

Moves
31 Mar 20

@moonbus said
More like fell off the back of a lorry.
I resent the suggestion that I didn't close the back doors securely.

Moves
31 Mar 20

@fmf said
If you are referring to The Queen of Obscurity, the converted barge I have moored on the Watford to Rickmansworth canal, there is a book in the galley drawer called The Schooling of Literalists by Vladimir Smirk. You're welcome to borrow it. Is that what you meant?
It is the representation of a plausible misunderstanding that one might refer to a “canal narrowboat” as a “barge”, however one should NEVER do so in the presence of canal water person.

F

Moves
31 Mar 20

@divegeester said
one should NEVER do so in the presence of canal water person.
I am not interested in your euphemisms for sexual adventurists and their depraved sexual acts.

Moves
31 Mar 20

@fmf said
I am not interested in your euphemisms for sexual adventurists and their depraved sexual acts.
I shall therefore place more effort into my directness and literalisms in an attempt to garner your interest.

F

Moves
31 Mar 20

@divegeester said
I shall therefore place more effort into my directness and literalisms in an attempt to garner your interest.
The only garner I use regularily is parsely on cheese and toast.

SRB

Moves
31 Mar 20

@fmf said
The only garner I use regularily is parsely on cheese and toast.
I think it is wrong to use other species even if they have the strength of a lion.

F

Moves
31 Mar 20

@petewxyz said
I think it is wrong to use other species even if they have the strength of a lion.
If you are trying to riff on the Samson and Delilah story, sorry, it's a no go; I am not only an agnostic atheist, I would also never dream of killing an animal with my bare hands, with or without a haircut.

SRB

Moves
31 Mar 20

@fmf said
If you are trying to riff on the Samson and Delilah story, sorry, it's a no go; I am not only an agnostic atheist, I would also never dream of killing an animal with my bare hands, with or without a haircut.
I think it's absurd to even suggest animals have hair cuts. You certainly don't find any at our local barbers.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
31 Mar 20

@fmf said
I take it then you've never snared rabbits?

-VR

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
31 Mar 20

@very-rusty said
I take it then you've never snared rabbits?

-VR
He must have eaten Welsh Rarebit I feel sure?

SRB

Moves
31 Mar 20

@drewnogal said
Surely you can only have uneaten Welsh Rarebit. Mind you if you could eat food that had already been eaten once that would create an infinite supply solving all manner of problems. I like your suggestion.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
31 Mar 20

@drewnogal said
Not the question: Has he ever snared a rabbit?

-VR