Online ?

Online ?

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b

Moves
07 May 14

How Can I Tell If My Opponent Is Online ?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
07 May 14

Originally posted by bigerjim
Look over his shoulder as he surfs the internet.

There's no real way to know. RHP has a green dot by your name if you've been on within the last ten minutes, but it's a general indication, it's not up to the minute. On top of that, users can turn it off, too, so really, there's no real way to know for sure.

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
08 May 14

if they capitalize every word in a sentence, they are...
if not, no...

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
08 May 14

if the last name is between A - G or P - X

and if the second letter is a vowel

and if the last letter is an H, T, S, or W

and if the total number of letters is less than 6 or more than 12

and if the letter count in the name is divisible by 2, 3 or 5 with an interger as the result

then (and this is absolutely true and not a joke)

here it is

the truth

you cannot tell

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
08 May 14

I don't even know if I'm online!

PoPeYe

This is embarrasking

Moves
08 May 14

Ask them, if they don't answer, chances are they are online. If they do answer they are crazy.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
08 May 14

Originally posted by cashthetrash
Ask them, if they don't answer, chances are they are online. If they do answer they are crazy.
Three choices, cash: online or offline or out of line.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
08 May 14

Originally posted by Suzianne
Look over his shoulder as he surfs the internet.

There's no real way to know. RHP has a green dot by your name if you've been on within the last ten minutes, but it's a general indication, it's not up to the minute. On top of that, users can turn it off, too, so really, there's no real way to know for sure.
Actually the dot also comes on if a conditional move was triggered, so you can't even say with the dot on...

b

Moves
11 May 14

Ok,Ok Thanks For The Info I Get It, But I Also Play At Chess.com Over There I Just Look At The Game, There's A Green Dot By The Players Name So I Know He Or She Is Online, I Have A Problem With My Capping Every Word, Just The Way My Fingers Have To Work, No Worries,

Thanks, Funny People Here I Like It

N

Moves
11 May 14
1 edit

Ok,Ok Thanks For The Info I Get It, But I Also Play At Chess.com Over There I Just Look At The Game, There's A Green Dot By The Players Name So I Know He Or She Is Online, I Have A Problem With My Capping Every Word, Just The Way My Fingers Have To Work, No Worries,

yOU mIGHT wANT tO tRY tHIS. iTS cLINICALLY pROVEN fORMULA wILL aCT oN yOUR tYPING fINGERS, rESTORING tHEM tO [i]gREAT-sMELLING[i\] hEALTH wITHIN dAYS!

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
11 May 14
1 edit

bigerjim, other than the "Green Dot" how does Chess.com compare overall with Red Hot Pawn game features and forums?

PoPeYe

This is embarrasking

Moves
12 May 14

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
bigerjim, other than the "Green Dot" how does Chess.com compare overall with Red Hot Pawn game features and forums?
GrampyBobby , somehow I see visions in my mind that you are holding a microphone in your hand like a news reporter working for fox news and trying to get a scoop. Then i see people running away trying to hide their face from the camera. Is that intentional?

I sometimes have an overactive imagination.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
12 May 14

Originally posted by cashthetrash
GrampyBobby , somehow I see visions in my mind that you are holding a microphone in your hand like a news reporter working for fox news and trying to get a scoop. Then i see people running away trying to hide their face from the camera. Is that intentional?

I sometimes have an overactive imagination.
jim's only been aboard four months; my memory of friendly members who reached out to me mid-late 2007 is still vivid.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
12 May 14

jim's only been aboard four months; my memory of friendly members who reached out to me mid-late 2007 is still vivid.
Correction: Rather than four months, one year and four months [Joined: 12 Jan '13 Moves: 469].

PoPeYe

This is embarrasking

Moves
12 May 14

Correction: Rather than four months, one year and four months [Joined: 12 Jan '13 Moves: 469].
Fox news reporters rarely get it right the first time Bob. In fact it's rare they ever get it right at all. Hang in there and polish up your mic.