Notable death

Notable death

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patzer

Canberra

Moves
18 Jan 18
3 edits

Jessica Falkholt (an actress on 'Home and Away', a series we have here in Australia). She, both of her parents and sister were killed in a fiery crash with a car, driven by someone driving under the influence of methadone apparently, which crossed on to the wrong side of the road. This has led to some Members of Parliament promising to try to get a bill passed to make methadone an illegal drug.

Of course methadone is currently used to wean opiate addicts off their drug of choice. Any comments???

Read a book!

Moves
18 Jan 18

Originally posted by @ptobler
Jessica Falkholt (an actress on 'Home and Away', a series we have here in Australia). She, both of her parents and sister were killed in a fiery crash with a car, driven by someone driving under the influence of methadone apparently, which crossed on to the wrong side of the road. This has led to some Members of Parliament promising to try to get a bill pas ...[text shortened]... rse methadone is currently used to wean opiate addicts off their drug of choice. Any comments???
In some cases, methadone can cause drowsiness and seriously impair reactions. New users are urged to avoid driving until they learn how the drug affects them.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
18 Jan 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @handyandy
In some cases, methadone can cause drowsiness and seriously impair reactions. New users are urged to avoid driving until they learn how the drug affects them.
I've been on some meds in the past where they didn't want me driving until it was established how the drugs would affect me.

Just think of all the celebrations there will be all over the world when I pass. 😉

-VR

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
24 Jan 18

Ursula Le Guin

One of the greatest writers of SciFi in the 20th century.

Moves
24 Jan 18

Hugh Masekela, South African jazz trumpeter.

p
Please Pay Attention

Lethabong

Moves
26 Jan 18

Originally posted by @shallow-blue
Hugh Masekela, South African jazz trumpeter.
Did you know, Louis (Satchmo) Armstrong gave Hugh Masekela a trumpet as a gift, in the fifties...

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
28 Jan 18

Ingvar Kamprad - "Mr IKEA" aged 91

Hailed as "World's Greatest Entrepreneur"

Gothenburg

Moves
28 Jan 18

Originally posted by @wolfgang59
Ingvar Kamprad - "Mr IKEA" aged 91

Hailed as "World's Greatest Entrepreneur"
He was a remarkable man. I believe there was a thread about IKEA some time ago, I love IKEA.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
14 Feb 18

Henrik Prince Consort of Danmark died Tuesday...he himself would rather have been King Consort...

Gothenburg

Moves
14 Feb 18

Originally posted by @ponderable
Henrik Prince Consort of Danmark died Tuesday...he himself would rather have been King Consort...
That's true, or at least some recognition other than what he had. I think though that his dementia might have affected his conduct during his last years - he was a great support to his wife, the Queen, for many years.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
25 Feb 18

Nobody brought up

Billy Graham

a notable man, espceillay for the USA I should think.

Moves
28 Feb 18

Sridevi Kapoor

- Beautiful Bollywood actress.
- Drowned in bathtub. 🙁

Moves
04 Mar 18

Major Winchester from M*A*S*H (David Ogden Stiers)

Moves
05 Mar 18
2 edits

Used to see her at the Multnomah County Library (Portland OR) where I worked in the early 80's. She was a celeb in Portland. Oops - this is for Ursula Le Guin's death.

Moves
06 Mar 18

Trevor Baylis.