1. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    06 Dec '13 21:07
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    Nelson Mandela was [b]not Martin Luther King Jr.
    Nelson Mandela was not Gandhi.
    Nelson Mandela was not Jesus Christ.

If anything he was Joan of Arc. The mascot which rallied a great army.

(during a civil cold war but you people don't want to hear much about history)[/b]
    Nelson Mandela was not Nelson Mandela.
  2. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    06 Dec '13 21:11
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    I'm selling a range of plush toys in colorful shirts called Madibears. They have a really dinstinctive style of dance.
    Hahaha! You just made my day.
  3. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    06 Dec '13 21:15
    Originally posted by steve45
    And as far as asking me to apoligise to Hopscotch, get a life Huckleberry, because it isn't going to happen.
    I don't really see anything for you to apologise for. You made some misguided posts, but that's ok, you're not familiar with my country's history.
  4. Standard memberSteve45
    Mozart
    liverpool
    Moves
    06 Dec '13 21:32
    I don't really see anything for you to apologise for. You made some misguided posts, but that's ok, you're not familiar with my country's history.
    lets just leave it there ,we've both put our opinions, and its always good to debate things.
  5. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    06 Dec '13 21:33
    http://www.theonion.com/articles/nelson-mandela-becomes-first-politician-to-be-miss,34755/
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    06 Dec '13 22:23
    http://thebackbencher.co.uk/3-things-you-didnt-want-to-know-about-nelson-mandela/
  7. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    07 Dec '13 00:25
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Whinny? (cowboy)
    Neighhhhh
  8. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    07 Dec '13 01:57
    Just think for a moment how you would react if tomorrow you lost your freedom. How would you feel ? Would you just shrug your shoulders and say "Oh well" ? Would you feel something quite valuable had been stolen from you ? Would you strive to correct this obvious injustice ? What limitations would you put on your actions towards restoring your freedom ? Would you feel any animosity towards those responsible for this injustice ? "Find the cost of freedom, buried in the ground". 🙂
  9. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    07 Dec '13 02:501 edit
    Originally posted by caissad4
    Just think for a moment how you would react if tomorrow you lost your freedom. How would you feel ? Would you just shrug your shoulders and say "Oh well" ? Would you feel something quite valuable had been stolen from you ? Would you strive to correct this obvious injustice ? What limitations would you put on your actions towards restoring your freedom ? Wou ...[text shortened]... ards those responsible for this injustice ? "Find the cost of freedom, buried in the ground". 🙂
    My cousin, who has experience in these matters, says that the first thing you must do is have a big fight with someone, even if you're in transit. I'm not entirely sure why, perhaps it's because it makes you look uglier, or tougher, when you arrive all bloody. Next you might consider falling in with one of the gangs for protection, and getting a hobby, like reading. Don't mess with the guards in any way, they're generally a close-knit bunch and you don't want them to remember your face.
  10. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    07 Dec '13 05:04
    My cousin, who has experience in these matters, says that the first thing you must do is have a big fight with someone, even if you're in transit. I'm not entirely sure why, perhaps it's because it makes you look uglier, or tougher, when you arrive all bloody. Next you might consider falling in with one of the gangs for protection, and getting a hobby, lik ...[text shortened]... in any way, they're generally a close-knit bunch and you don't want them to remember your face.
    I am not surprised by your reply. 🙄🙄
  11. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    07 Dec '13 06:46
    My cousin, who has experience in these matters, says that the first thing you must do is have a big fight with someone, even if you're in transit. I'm not entirely sure why, perhaps it's because it makes you look uglier, or tougher, when you arrive all bloody. Next you might consider falling in with one of the gangs for protection, and getting a hobby, lik ...[text shortened]... in any way, they're generally a close-knit bunch and you don't want them to remember your face.
    Isn't there something about the advantage of arranging to be driven there rather than going in the van? My uncle mentioned something like that. And then there are ways of being allocated to more salubrious sections. Like hospital.
  12. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    07 Dec '13 06:47
    Originally posted by caissad4
    Just think for a moment how you would react if tomorrow you lost your freedom. How would you feel ? Would you just shrug your shoulders and say "Oh well" ? Would you feel something quite valuable had been stolen from you ? Would you strive to correct this obvious injustice ? What limitations would you put on your actions towards restoring your freedom ? Wou ...[text shortened]... ards those responsible for this injustice ? "Find the cost of freedom, buried in the ground". 🙂
    I would feel angry at America.
  13. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    07 Dec '13 07:131 edit
    Originally posted by steve45
    From what ive seen on the television today, one thing is for sure, you and Hopscotch are certainly in the minority. The majority of the world today is mourning the passing of Mandela. And as far as asking me to apoligise to Hopscotch, get a life Huckleberry, because it isn't going to happen.
    I'm in the minority? For suggesting that someone has the right to his opinion in a free society? Yes, sadly i probably am in the minority. And i wasn't suggesting you apologise for your comments, i was suggesting you apologise for your country's part in the 300 years of treating the Blacks like crap that led to the point where whites and blacks could not live side by side.
  14. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    07 Dec '13 09:48
    Nelson Mandela.
    Survived the Apartheid regime and 27 years in prison.
    Dead after 2 days of Gauteng e-tolls.
  15. Standard memberSteve45
    Mozart
    liverpool
    Moves
    07 Dec '13 11:07
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    I'm in the minority? For suggesting that someone has the right to his opinion in a free society? Yes, sadly i probably am in the minority. And i wasn't suggesting you apologise for your comments, i was suggesting you apologise for your country's part in the 300 years of treating the Blacks like crap that led to the point where whites and blacks could not live side by side.
    Read it again. I wasn't suggesting you were in a minority of people who don't have free speech. I was suggesting you were in a minority of people who thought that Mandela wasn't a good person. And as far as blaming England for treating Black people like crap, I don't even know were your coming from on that one. You could say the same about every civilized country on the planet.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree