1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Aug '22 21:59
    @suzianne said
    In another universe, I'd have a hangover right now so my attention span is short right now.

You caught me during down time. Congratulations.
    So you’ve been drinking.

Maybe just apologise to me for posting abuse..?
  2. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    14 Aug '22 22:50
    @divegeester said

Maybe just apologise to me for posting abuse..?
    You first, but pace yourself so that you don't crash the server.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Aug '22 17:012 edits
    @FMF
    They arrest motorcycles? What did they do wrong to deserve a trial?
    Seriously, our daughter was killed riding her beloved Harley. A woman in a big caddy turned right in front of her without signaling and Darcy died instantly.
    My wife made me swear to sell all my bikes, I had three ATT.
    Haven't ridden since.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Aug '22 17:041 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Aug '22 17:331 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Joined
    28 Feb '16
    Moves
    15 Aug '22 18:18
    @divegeester said

This thread is about motorcycle lovers, owners, ex-owners.
    In that case...

Yes, veteran motorcyclist here. I've ridden for approximately 51 years, starting with a Honda SL70 when I was about 12. I've owned 16 motorcycles through the years, most notably a 1995 Yamaha VMAX. I put over 100,000 miles on that bike.

I currently own a Harley Davidson Fatbob which, in fact, I rode yesterday for just under 300 miles. I also own an old Evolution-powered 1993 Sportster 1200. It is estimated that bike has over a quarter-million miles (LOTS of reiterations of that power plant through the years).

I love motorcycling. Absolutely love it.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Aug '22 21:371 edit
    @liljo said
    In that case...

Yes, veteran motorcyclist here. I've ridden for approximately 51 years, starting with a Honda SL70 when I was about 12. I've owned 16 motorcycles through the years, most notably a 1995 Yamaha VMAX. I put over 100,000 miles on that bike.

I currently own a Harley Davidson Fatbob which, in fact, I rode yesterday for just under 300 miles. I also own an old Evo ...[text shortened]... of reiterations of that power plant through the years).

I love motorcycling. Absolutely love it.
    The VMAX was a beast, did you prefer it to the FatBob?
    I loved my Fatboy but it had its limitations; don’t think I’d go HD again tbh.

Early on I had a Honda CB175 which was probably the most boring bike in the world, then a Suzi GSX250 which was a dream to ride but a bit ugly, and then a Honda 250N SuperDream which was a dream to look at but a bit ugly to ride. Twisted the forks in a very minor ding.
  8. Joined
    28 Feb '16
    Moves
    16 Aug '22 15:151 edit
    @divegeester said
    The VMAX was a beast, did you prefer it to the FatBob?
    I loved my Fatboy but it had its limitations; don’t think I’d go HD again tbh.

Early on I had a Honda CB175 which was probably the most boring bike in the world, then a Suzi GSX250 which was a dream to ride but a bit ugly, and then a Honda 250N SuperDream which was a dream to look at but a bit ugly to ride. Twisted the forks in a very minor ding.
    Yes, the VMAX was my favorite motorcycle. I enjoy the FatBob, and my wife rides with me a LOT more these days.

The VMAX was, in its time, just about the fastest thing around in a straight line. Like riding a two-wheeled dragster. Kind of a point and shoot bike. Just don't aim it at anyone you loved, pull the trigger, and yee ha! You're well over 100mph from a dead stop in way under 7 seconds. 0-60 in 2.8 seconds, 0-100 in 5.8 seconds, etc. Those thrills are long gone now.

But I still have dreams (even nightmares) from close calls on that bad boy.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Aug '22 04:273 edits
    @Liljo
    It must pizz off those motorcyclists when a Tesla rips past them off the starting like with 0-60 in 2 seconds🙂 But even 60 in under three seconds must mean you hang on like dear hell🙂 I did 107 on my bike once and that was enough to do just once🙂 It felt like it was ready to get off the ground. I can't imagine these dudes doing 200+ on a bike. Gad, I just saw the record for bike speed like 376 MPH. THAT has to be scary as shyte... What the hell are the TIRES made of they can take that kind of speed? What kind of RPM's are the tires doing at that speed?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Aug '22 04:51
    @sonhouse said
    What the hell are the TIRES made of they can take that kind of speed? What kind of RPM's are the tires doing at that speed?
    Motorcycle tyres are very different to car tyres; different profile (U vs flat) and different rubber compounds.

In terms of spin speed, a motorcycle tyre will deliver the same revolutions as a car tire of the same overall wheel circumference for a given speed.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Aug '22 05:011 edit
    @sonhouse said
    It must pizz off those motorcyclists when a Tesla rips past them off the starting like with 0-60 in 2 seconds
    Some other sports cars will also out-accelerate some bikes not just the fastest Teslas.

If you want to assess bike vs car performances, comparing torque delivery from a battery source to an internal combustion engine source isn’t a good measure. If a Tesla style battery power train was installed in a bike (it will be one day soon I would think), then the bike would beat the Tesla. As long as the bike was dragster adapted to stop it flipping.

Teslas are a clinical soulless creations.
    Motorcycles are inspiring, and riding one makes you think and feel differently about yourself and the world around you.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Aug '22 06:18
    @sonhouse said
    @Liljo
    It must pizz off those motorcyclists when a Tesla rips past them off the starting like with 0-60 in 2 seconds🙂 But even 60 in under three seconds must mean you hang on like dear hell🙂 I did 107 on my bike once and that was enough to do just once🙂 It felt like it was ready to get off the ground. I can't imagine these dudes doing 200+ on a bike. Gad, I just saw the ...[text shortened]... IRES made of they can take that kind of speed? What kind of RPM's are the tires doing at that speed?
    You can figure this yourself. All you need is the circumference of said tire.
  13. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    17 Aug '22 15:29
    @sonhouse said
    It must pizz off those motorcyclists when a Tesla rips past them off the starting like with 0-60 in 2 seconds
    Only some. I don't think the tourers care.
  14. Joined
    28 Feb '16
    Moves
    17 Aug '22 19:11
    @sonhouse said
    @Liljo
    It must pizz off those motorcyclists when a Tesla rips past them off the starting like with 0-60 in 2 seconds🙂 But even 60 in under three seconds must mean you hang on like dear hell🙂 I did 107 on my bike once and that was enough to do just once🙂 It felt like it was ready to get off the ground. I can't imagine these dudes doing 200+ on a bike. Gad, I just saw the ...[text shortened]... IRES made of they can take that kind of speed? What kind of RPM's are the tires doing at that speed?
    I've never encountered a Tesla "ripping past" me while I was riding. Wouldn't bother me if it did. Apples to oranges thing. Kind of like the meanest ally cat in the world doesn't stand a chance against your average mountain lion.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Aug '22 08:241 edit
    @liljo said
    I've never encountered a Tesla "ripping past" me while I was riding. Wouldn't bother me if it did. Apples to oranges thing. Kind of like the meanest ally cat in the world doesn't stand a chance against your average mountain lion.
    My brother in law has a Tesla and it is seriously quick.

It’s a soulless machine though, it’s like driving a Samsung tablet.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree