miscellaneous

miscellaneous

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
16 Feb 21

@very-rusty said
I am learning English, I can read and write enough to get by. People are quick to correct anything I don't get right. πŸ˜‰

I notice though they don't correct others who even I see have miss spelled something just me majority of time, unless the person gets on their bad list! πŸ™‚

-VR
Keep at it old crusty balls (haven't used that one in a while πŸ˜‰) you'll get there.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
16 Feb 21
1 edit

@trev33 said
Keep at it old crusty balls (haven't used that one in a while πŸ˜‰) you'll get there.
Not since back in the old west days here, but still makes me smile! I don't really concern myself much about the Engerlish, they understand or they will not, I think they sometimes pretend not to. Like selective hearing, they have selective eye sight and understanding. πŸ˜‰

I try not to get the Irish riled up too much! πŸ˜‰

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
16 Feb 21

@very-rusty said
I am learning English, I can read and write enough to get by. People are quick to correct anything I don't get right. πŸ˜‰

I notice though they don't correct others who even I see have miss spelled something just me majority of time, unless the person gets on their bad list! πŸ™‚

-VR
You seem to be their favourite. πŸ™‚ I make typing errors that I don't notice until after a while.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
16 Feb 21
1 edit

@torunn said
You seem to be their favourite. πŸ™‚ I make typing errors that I don't notice until after a while.
My dear, I've never seen anyone correct your English!...It would seem you would be their favorite, and not me. πŸ˜‰

Unless of course you're talking about their favorite to pick on for spelling! πŸ˜‰

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
16 Feb 21

@very-rusty said
My dear, I've never seen anyone correct your English!...It would seem you would be their favorite, and not me. πŸ˜‰

Unless of course you're talking about their favorite to pick on for spelling! πŸ˜‰

-VR
I'm certain I speak 'Swenglish' now and then too. πŸ™‚

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
16 Feb 21
1 edit

@torunn said
I'm certain I speak 'Swenglish' now and then too. πŸ™‚
What do you speak when in Canada, Sweanadish-eh? Stees would like that

Gothenburg

Moves
16 Feb 21
1 edit

@earl-of-trumps said
What do you speak when in Canada, Sweanadish-eh? Stees would like that
Stees likes a lot of variety.

Über-Nerd

Moves
16 Feb 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Whenever we go to Ikea I love reading all the Swedish names for the furniture and sweets.

πŸ˜€
Would you trust a cabinet named "Cailgari", eh?

Gothenburg

Moves
16 Feb 21

@moonbus said
Would you trust a cabinet named "Cailgari", eh?
Is that the name?

Gothenburg

Moves
16 Feb 21
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Whenever we go to Ikea I love reading all the Swedish names for the furniture and sweets.

πŸ˜€
They are smart, easy to associate, easy to remember. Very special and fun place, Ikea.

Edit: We still buy Ikea's bookcase 'Billy' and we all know what it is without looking in their catalogue. πŸ™‚

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
16 Feb 21

why are we here?
why am I here?
what is the answer to everything?

Gothenburg

Moves
16 Feb 21

@lemondrop said
why are we here?
why am I here?
what is the answer to everything?
The answer is 'yes', to everything. That's why we are here.

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
16 Feb 21

@torunn said
The answer is 'yes', to everything. That's why we are here.
YES!

Moves
16 Feb 21

@lemondrop said
YES!
Pickled walnut sir?

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
16 Feb 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Pickled walnut sir?