Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
09 Sep 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (Page 4)
Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (OP) Thread 165329
"If you happen to come across various items worth keeping and you're not sure where to store them, surprise us all by placing them here."

Miscellaneous:

1) Purpose: of this timely update is to introduce the latest troupe o ...[text shortened]... enarian[/b] shuffling to and fro here in 2095. My thanks for your acceptance of them in our midst..
4) maybe:. "i made a new friend today while playing in the sandbox during recess at grade one school. his name is 'maybe'. so then i asked him what his father's name is and he said 'yes'; but when i asked what his Mum's name is maybe said 'no'. bye 4 now." ~child anon

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
10 Sep 15

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt. (Wow!)

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
11 Sep 15

😴

rc

Moves
11 Sep 15
2 edits

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt. (Wow!)
poor divesgeester needs every scrap on inspiring speech he can get it seems.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
12 Sep 15

Originally posted by divegeester
😴
"Be kind for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about." (An Unattributed Quote on Facebook)

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
13 Sep 15
1 edit

“A brilliant idea is like a baby in a mothers womb. You need to bring it out in the world, nurture it, feed it, grow it, till it becomes big enough to take care of itself. If you leave it at the stage of an idea itself, it is as good as non existent.” -Manoj Arora, From the Rat Race to Financial Freedom

F

Moves
13 Sep 15

"Be kind for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about." (An Unattributed Quote on Facebook)
Do battles (which we know nothing about and) which you are fighting 'off screen', as it were, go some way towards explaining your persona/behaviour on these forums? You offered the quotation; do you have any personal insights into it?

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
13 Sep 15

Does me posting a "snooze" smilie because you are being a forum bore, constitute being "unkind" within the context of your platitudinous quotation?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
13 Sep 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (OP)
Miscellaneous

"Adjective: adjective; of items or people gathered or considered together) Of various types or from different sources. 2. of a collection or group. Composed of members or elements of different kinds: 'a miscellaneous collection'. Synonyms various, mixed, varied, diverse, manifold, different." If you happen to come across various items worth keeping and you're not sure where to store them, surprise us all by placing them here."

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
13 Sep 15

Does me posting a "snooze" smilie because you are being a forum bore, constitute being "unkind" within the context of your platitudinous quotation?
You're better than that.

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
13 Sep 15

You're better than that.
Why can't you answer the simple question. Are you telling me I'm being unkind by posting a "snooze" smilie?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
13 Sep 15

Why can't you answer the simple question. Are you telling me I'm being unkind by posting a "snooze" smilie?
Why? Because healthy adult males do not require the same spoon feeding parents provide their small children; nor do they persist in asking repetitive questions driven by their own emotional needs. No adult male ever does another adult male any favors by indulging his childish behaviors. That's why.

F

Moves
13 Sep 15

Why? Because healthy adult males do not require the same spoon feeding parents provide their small children; nor do they persist in asking repetitive questions driven by their own emotional needs. No adult male ever does another adult male any favors by indulging his childish behaviors. That's why.
What about you pretending your computer mouse told you not to talk to divegeester?

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
13 Sep 15
1 edit

OK you lack the courage to be forthright and tell me exactly what you think to my "face" so to speak and prefer (as usual) to hide behind quotations. It's fine. 🙂

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
13 Sep 15

Originally posted by FMF
What about you pretending your computer mouse told you not to talk to divegeester?
GB frequently posts replies to me and signs his them "Vivian". I'm not sure if Vivian is a figment of GB's imagination, a fragment of his personality or a creepy metaphor for a repressed transgendered psychosis.