Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
07 Sep 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
This conversation, which occurred during a phone call several years ago, was with a friend whose decisions I respect as he also respects mine.
First it was two years ago and now it's "several years ago". Why didn't you have six Californian friends in your "anecdote" ~ wouldn't that have made your point more forcefully?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
08 Sep 15

Originally posted by FMF
First it was two years ago and now it's "several years ago". Why didn't you have six Californian friends in your "anecdote" ~ wouldn't that have made your point more forcefully?
Whether it was "two" or three years ago I'm no longer certain though it was since my return following recovery from partial paralysis early April, 2012. There were four other people I also attempted to recruit as site members: 1) A woman from another part of this country who declined for undisclosed personal reasons; 2) One of my three brothers who joined and is still active; 3) Two from two other online correspondence chess sites [one also from this country who declined due to ill health and the other from a foreign country who declined because of his perceptions of the language barrier]. How does this recruiting success rate of one of five or 20% compare with your own personal recruiting efforts on behalf of Red Hot Pawn?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
08 Sep 15

"Imagination rules the world." ~Napoleon Bonaparte (French Emperor)

Comment: "i like this one a lot." ~child anon

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
08 Sep 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Originally posted by FMF
"Why didn't you have six Californian friends in your "anecdote" ~ wouldn't that have made your point more forcefully?"

Facts have the intrinsic capacity to stand on their own two feet. I have no interest in creative embellishments which may appeal to you.

F

Moves
08 Sep 15

How does this recruiting success rate of one of five or 20% compare with your own personal recruiting efforts on behalf of Red Hot Pawn?
At a rough count, I've brought about 24 people to this web site over the years.

Now, just to be clear, are you insisting that your "anecdote" on page 5 about your Californian friend is true and not something that you have made up for the purposes of self-serving forum banter?

F

Moves
08 Sep 15
1 edit

Facts have the intrinsic capacity to stand on their own two feet. I have no interest in creative embellishments which may appeal to you.
Nothing you are saying here is appealing to me. I think you are currently at some sort of low point for your forum persona. The question remains: do you think that if you had increased the number of people in your "anecdote" it would have made your self-promotion point more forcefully?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
08 Sep 15

Originally posted by FMF
At a rough count, I've brought about 24 people to this web site over the years.

Now, just to be clear, are you insisting that your "anecdote" on page 5 about your Californian friend is true and not something that you have made up for the purposes of self-serving forum banter?
Please see my last reply to divegeester on the previous page. Having done so, cease and desist from your interrogation or it will become harassment.

F

Moves
08 Sep 15
2 edits

Please see my last reply to divegeester on the previous page. Having done so, cease and desist from your interrogation or it will become harassment.
You have made rather creepy suggestions and insinuations in public that some of your fellow posters - whom you disapprove of and who are unimpressed by you and your antics here, and post accordingly - are causing a loss of income for Russ. That's you at your risible pompous-passive-aggressive worst, Gramp Bobby. You cannot now evade scrutiny of what you have said by trying to frame dissent and criticism as some kind of persecution.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
08 Sep 15

Originally posted by FMF
You have made rather creepy suggestions and insinuations in public that some of your fellow posters - whom you disapprove of and who are unimpressed by you and your antics here, and post accordingly - are causing a loss of income for Russ. That's you at your risible pompous-passive-aggressive worst, Gramp Bobby. You cannot now evade scrutiny of what you have said by trying to frame dissent and criticism as some kind of persecution.
This fundamental misstatement of fact has been noted.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
08 Sep 15

Originally posted by FMF (Page 2)
"I didn't ask a question in the post you were referring to. And I don't obsess about thumbs down in the way Grampy Bobby does, so all you've got to offer here is a swish and a blurt, yet again. 😉"

Originally posted by Suzianne
"Deflect all you want, the fact is you have precious little other than lame attacks on someone others love to see attacked. You cowardly play to the crowd."

F

Moves
08 Sep 15

This fundamental misstatement of fact has been noted.
Which "fact" are you disputing?

F

Moves
08 Sep 15
2 edits

How does this recruiting success rate of one of five or 20% compare with your own personal recruiting efforts on behalf of Red Hot Pawn?
You asked this direct question and lacked the good grace to acknowledge my direct answer. Perhaps it was inconvenient for you.

F

Moves
08 Sep 15
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF (Page 2)
"I didn't ask a question in the post you were referring to. And I don't obsess about thumbs down in the way Grampy Bobby does, so all you've got to offer here is a swish and a blurt, yet again. 😉"

Originally posted by Suzianne
"Deflect all you want, the fact is you have precious little other than lame attacks on someone others love to see attacked. You cowardly play to the crowd."
Is this, in a roundabout way, and at long last, you reprimanding Suzianne for her infamous lack of civility? 😉

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
08 Sep 15
1 edit

Be Glad Your Nose is on Your Face

Be glad your nose is on your face,
not pasted on some other place,
for if it were where it is not,
you might dislike your nose a lot.

Imagine if your precious nose
were sandwiched in between your toes,
that clearly would not be a treat,
for you’d be forced to smell your feet.

Your nose would be a source of dread
were it attached atop your head,
it soon would drive you to despair,
forever tickled by your hair.

Within your ear, your nose would be
an absolute catastrophe,
for when you were obliged to sneeze,
your brain would rattle from the breeze.

Your nose, instead, through thick and thin,
remains between your eyes and chin,
not pasted on some other place--
be glad your nose is on your face!

Jack Prelutsky, Born: 1940. "From The New Kid on the Block,
published by Greenwillow, 1984"

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
09 Sep 15

Subject: The chess mentors you've been privileged to have over the years;
here's a thread from October, 2014, which profiles mine: Thread 161123