Labor Day in America

Labor Day in America

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R

Moves
04 Sep 13

Originally posted by HandyAndy
And you spelt spelt wrong. I hate smarty-pants kids.
Actually, "spelt" is a type of old fashioned grain used in old bread. To avoid confusion, modern people use "spelled". So you hate me now, hey? Like I care what an old geezer like you thinks of me.

N

Moves
04 Sep 13

Originally posted by Tygert
Actually, "spelt" is a type of old fashioned grain used in old bread. To avoid confusion, modern people use "spelled". So you hate me now, hey? Like I care what an old geezer like you thinks of me.
"Modern people", lol. "Modern people" certainly don't know that spelt is a type of grain used in "old bread". And they often don't know how to spell either. Spelt is a perfectly acceptable word for the past tense of 'to spell' in Britain.

Read a book!

Moves
05 Sep 13

Originally posted by Tygert
I don't hate you, little man. But you're really hard to like.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
05 Sep 13

Originally posted by Suzianne
And I hate French spelling. Especially when the English use it.

"Labor Day" is a holiday in America. So it is NOT misspelled.

"Labour Day" is a holiday in most other English speaking countries, except England, curiously.
International Workers Day. (1st May)
The UK have the following Monday off.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
05 Sep 13

Originally posted by wolfgang59
International Workers Day. (1st May)
The UK have the following Monday off.
So why do they celebrate a day that the rest of the world celebrates over a day that the rest of the English-speaking world celebrates?