Kids

Kids

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
52d

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
52d

@drewnogal removed their quoted post
The boy was known to have mental problems and his dad bought him a gun. Somewhat irresponsible I would say.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
52d
1 edit

@the-gravedigger said
The boy was known to have mental problems and his dad bought him a gun. Somewhat irresponsible I would say.
I agree with that but shouldn’t the government also accept some responsibility? How can it be so easy to go out and buy your kid a gun? Seems that there is no law keeping firearms in a home in a locked cabinet?

Also I wonder if there was anyone supporting the family with his mental health problems? Kids of 15 are emotionally vulnerable and complex.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
52d

I’m wondering how they will manage parent/child visiting rights?

Ah ok, the parents wont count any more now they’re criminals.

Moves
52d

@drewnogal said
I agree with that but shouldn’t the government also accept some responsibility? How can it be so easy to go out and buy your kid a gun? Seems that there is no law keeping firearms in a home in a locked cabinet?

Also I wonder if there was anyone supporting the family with his mental health problems? Kids of 15 are emotionally vulnerable and complex.
I think that not all states require the use of locked cabinets. Not sure re: Michigan.πŸ€”

Gothenburg

Moves
52d

@great-big-stees said
I think that not all states require the use of locked cabinets. Not sure re: Michigan.πŸ€”
I'm somewhat surprised of that verdict - not that I think it is wrong, just that it actually happened. I have never seen anything like that in Sweden.

Moves
52d
2 edits

@drewnogal said

He probably didn’t say “I’ve got a mentally disfunctioning child and I’d like that gun for him please”. Nor did the government pass a law saying “it’s ok to give your kids guns”

Also I wonder if there is any support for the families of the people his son murdered with the gun he gave him.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
52d
1 edit

@divegeester said
He probably didn’t say “I’ve got a mentally disfunctioning child and I’d like that gun for him please”. Nor did the government pass a law saying “it’s ok to give your kids guns”

Also I wonder if there is any support for the families of the people his son murdered with the gun he gave him.
Absolutely a good question. This should be asked of the gun lobby.

Moves
52d

@suzianne said
Don’t they just regurgitate the “second amendment”?πŸ€”

Moves
52d

Some day the police will come knocking on your door and lock you away for that chocolate bar your son stole in 1992.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
52d

@divegeester said

Of course not, it’s assumed that anyone who buys a gun is going to behave responsibly with it.

Tragic for the loss of four youngsters lives and the families of the deceased, I agree.

Moves
52d

@suzianne said
Agreed.

Über-Nerd

Moves
52d

It is obvious to anyone who doesn’t live in America that Americans have a problem with guns, and that this court case is a bizarre way of trying to address it.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
52d
3 edits

I always thought kids were goats off spring?

a young goat.
verb
3rd person present: kids
(of a goat) give birth.

Baby goats are called kids. Young females are called doelings, while young males are called bucklings. Birthing is called kidding. For those of us with any connection to agriculture, this knowledge is why we call our human offspring “children” rather than “kids.” (Although, we also call them “kids” sometimes).

I couldn't help myself and let this slip by. πŸ™‚
LOL...@ the red thumbs to follow, some people can't handle the truth or reality of some things. πŸ™‚

-VR

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
52d
2 edits

@moonbus said
It is obvious to anyone who doesn’t live in America that Americans have a problem with guns, and that this court case is a bizarre way of trying to address it.
That’s what I thought.

We recently had an unusual situation here in the UK whereby the mother of a murdered girl initiated meeting with the mother of one of the two youngsters who killed her daughter. She said that they were both parents who had each lost a child.