23 Mar '24 22:04
    The last one was trolled into oblivion.
  2. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    23 Mar '24 23:15
    @divegeester said
    The last one was trolled into oblivion.
    They were trolling you. Any way, who gives a goat's ass? How many women in the past had to cope with cancer at around the same age, or younger? My mother did, and I knew a few more too.

If she had not married William, she would be just another number for the general medical statistics.

Why would any democratic form of government still pay homage and so much attention to an obsolete monarchy? It's all vanity and mere entertainment for the common people. The royal family is surely more debased than many of the 'subjects.'

Could it be that the attention given to the non-ruling monarchy by the people and media is a longing for the past, and a subconscious desire to be ruled by a monarchy rather than democracy?

With that said I conclude with a sincere cheer and best wishes for the woman. Long live Kate Middleton!
  3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    23 Mar '24 23:571 edit
    Many Americans don't understand the community's need for something permanent to take an interest in beyond their own lives. They invent temporary celebrities - movie stars, kardashians, football teams and players, rich tycoons, showbiz dress-ups, even weird presidents - who get dumped once the media gets tired of them. Continuity doesn't seem to rate.
  4. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    24 Mar '24 00:47
    Wishing all the best to Kate. Coming up on the 3rd year of my wife dying of cancer.

good luck, Kate
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Mar '24 08:03
    @pettytalk said
    They were trolling you.
    Me, how so?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Mar '24 08:05
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Wishing all the best to Kate. Coming up on the 3rd year of my wife dying of cancer.

good luck, Kate
    My condolences Earl; I didn’t know this.
  7. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    24 Mar '24 12:10
    @earl-of-trumps said

good luck, Kate
    😢
  8. Gothenburg
    Moves
    24 Mar '24 14:38
    @earl-of-trumps said

good luck, Kate
    It is very sad, Earl.
  9. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    25 Mar '24 09:50
    @pettytalk said
    They were trolling you. Any way, who gives a goat's ass? How many women in the past had to cope with cancer at around the same age, or younger? My mother did, and I knew a few more too.

If she had not married William, she would be just another number for the general medical statistics.

Why would any democratic form of government still pay homage and so much attention ...[text shortened]... h that said I conclude with a sincere cheer and best wishes for the woman. Long live Kate Middleton!

I must agree with this. I like Kate a lot, but many women are diagnosed with cancer everyday, and very few of them have access to the kind of elite medical care Kate will have, because of this many will simply die.
  10. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    25 Mar '24 10:06
    Did she die?
  11. Gothenburg
    Moves
    25 Mar '24 10:37
    @mchill said

I must agree with this. I like Kate a lot, but many women are diagnosed with cance ...[text shortened]... have access to the kind of elite medical care Kate will have, because of this many will simply die.
    Just because she is a celebrity, it doesn't mean that her fear and sorrow is any less than everyone else's.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Mar '24 10:481 edit
    @torunn said
    Just because she is a celebrity, it doesn't mean that her fear and sorrow is any less than everyone else's.
    True, but it does mean she will receive the very best treatment money can buy and be treated straight away not 16 to 32 week on the waiting list unlike NHS patients.
  13. Gothenburg
    Moves
    25 Mar '24 10:52
    @david-burton said
    True, but it does meen she will receive the very best treatment money can buy and be treated straight away not 16 to 32 week on the waiting list unlike NHS patients.
    That's a reality - people with money stand a better chance than those without, but it's no guarantee.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Mar '24 11:00
    @torunn said
    That's a reality - people with money stand a better chance than those without, but it's no guarantee.
    Its an unfair reality and I am suprised you think that this is ok coming from a socialy aware part of the globe.
  15. Gothenburg
    Moves
    25 Mar '24 14:22
    @david-burton said
    Its an unfair reality and I am suprised you think that this is ok coming from a socialy aware part of the globe.
    We are aware those things happen.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree