jumping at shadows

jumping at shadows

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Über-Nerd

Moves
08 May 16

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36240523

Seems ludicrous, but this shows the state America is in right now. Hold onto your hats.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
08 May 16

Originally posted by moonbus

Seems ludicrous, but this shows the state America is in right now. Hold onto your hats.
I don't own a hat. Should I purchase one?

The lady in question shouldn't have been booked on a later flight, but made to walk back carrying a suitable placard.

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
08 May 16

Are you laughing at the state of fear? Or rather at the quintessentially
American ignorance regarding anything which is not familiar?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
08 May 16

Decades of programming by right-wing talk radio has scared the pants off of the ignorant masses who listen to them. It's the only way the Republicans can stay relevant -- by promising to "fix" whatever is scaring them.

This is also why Donald Trump may soon officially become the Republican nominee. Are we that stupid? Are we that gullible?

Apparently so.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
08 May 16

Originally posted by Suzianne
Decades of programming by right-wing talk radio has scared the pants off of the ignorant masses who listen to them. It's the only way the Republicans can stay relevant -- by promising to "fix" whatever is scaring them.

This is also why Donald Trump may soon officially become the Republican nominee. Are we that stupid? Are we that gullible?

Apparently so.
Perhaps Great Britain should reclaim you?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
08 May 16

Suzi has always talked sense on the GF and Debates.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
08 May 16

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Perhaps Great Britain should reclaim you?
Is that "you", as in me, specifically, or "you", as in "you people"?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
08 May 16

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Suzi has always talked sense on the GF and Debates.
But not so much in Spirituality, though, eh?

No, I get it. I appreciate the compliment, though.

a

Moves
08 May 16

Apparently so.
It is classic misdirection.

Create the "other", first communists, then the Russians, now it's Muslims, immigrants, Public Unions, Gays, Trans-gendered, and then blame the "other" for your problems. Can't find a job? It's the "other's" fault. Not enough money for a little vacation this year? The other. Can't afford to buy a house, a nice car (that actually runs), a few more groceries? You know why.

Meanwhile a few share the spoils while the masses rage against the phantom other all around us (read: us).

Misdirection works well on the uneducated masses, hence the constant desire for some to under-fund public education and our public universities.

Anyway one man's opinion this Mother's Day morning. Happy Mother's Day to all the moms here.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
08 May 16

What they won't report is that the professor was working on his formula which mathematically proves the flat earth model.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
08 May 16

"Xenophobic attitudes"? One scared nitwit and suddenly the whole right wing is too.

Liberalism is a disease that shouts "give me what I want, and I don't care who gets hurt". Liberalism is hypocrisy in action.

Über-Nerd

Moves
08 May 16

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
What they won't report is that the professor was working on his formula which mathematically proves the flat earth model.
Hmmm, maybe economists should be banned from airplanes.

On second thought, maybe economists should be banned altogether. Very suspicious folks, they be; their so-called equations could be a plot to ruin the country.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
08 May 16

Is that "you", as in me, specifically, or "you", as in "you people"?
I think we may leave 'you' in lost property madam. (Like a novelty umbrella).

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
08 May 16

Originally posted by josephw
Liberalism is hypocrisy in action.
Too much Ayn Rand for you, baby. Better try to mature a.s.a.p.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
08 May 16

Originally posted by josephw
"Xenophobic attitudes"? One scared nitwit and suddenly the whole right wing is too.

It isn't one scared nitwit is it though?
People listened to her.