Invited Member

Invited Member

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
09 Oct 15

Why does this player not have a profile link?

Game 10491076

Patzer

Canberra

Moves
09 Oct 15
1 edit

Because Magnus Carlsen wants to maintain his anonymity here - for a bit of peace and quiet - while he obtains valuable practice on this site ahead of the Qatar Open?

Nice theory - but if so he changed his mind about the practice and let his time expire.

F

Moves
09 Oct 15

Originally posted by divegeester

Game 10491076
Perhaps he doesn't want to badgered by unsolicited PMs.

RHP Member No.16

Moves
09 Oct 15
2 edits

Game 10491076
When a member creates a new game they can create an open invite, or they can challenge a specific member. A third option is to send a challenge to a person who is not yet a member of RHP. To do that they put the persons email address in the place for their name and the challenge is sent to that person. The game will appear as it does now until the challenged person responds and opens an RHP account, at which time their new username will appear.

I have not ever used this feature so please understand that my answer here is just a guess. Others can probably confirm this or offer a better explanation. :-)

<edit> After looking closer, it appears that you played this person a 'welcome' game over a year ago and on the same day he started this game as well. He then resigned in your game before you made a move and did nothing with this one.

Moves
09 Oct 15

Originally posted by mwmiller
When a member creates a new game they can create an open invite, or they can challenge a specific member. A third option is to send a challenge to a person who is not yet a member of RHP. To do that they put the persons email address in the place for their name and the challenge is sent to that person. The game will appear as it does now until the challe ...[text shortened]... game as well. They resigned in your game before you made a move and did nothing with this one.
Yes I started a thread then about it but never got to the bottom of it. Thanks for the info.

RHP Member No.16

Moves
09 Oct 15

Strange. They could have just deleted both games since only a single move was made in each game. But as a new member they probably didn't know about that.

Moves
09 Oct 15

Originally posted by mwmiller
Strange. They could have just deleted both games since only a single move was made in each game. But as a new member they probably didn't know about that.
Hmm, interesting that they know how to invite someone to be a member though. I bet most regulars here don't know how to do that.

Australia

Moves
09 Oct 15

It's an option on the New Game page, and quite a few of the new ones find and use it.

Moves
09 Oct 15

Originally posted by Kewpie
It's an option on the New Game page, and quite a few of the new ones find and use it.
They must have joined up and invited their friend who declined because they heard how tough it was in the General Forum.

Wait...didn't I hear that from GB recently...?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
09 Oct 15

They must have joined up and invited their friend who declined because they heard how tough it was in the General Forum.
A simple explanation is that they screwed up the email address of their friend. Thus no one got the email, so no one showed up to play the game.

Moves
09 Oct 15

It's been created specially for protected witnesses at The Hague Court.

Moves
09 Oct 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
A simple explanation is that they screwed up the email address of their friend. Thus no one got the email, so no one showed up to play the game.
I hate it when they escape like that...

😠

mafia chief

the safe house

Moves
09 Oct 15

Game 10491076
i am magnus carlson.

( the next one standing up ) i am magnus carlson,

( the next one rises ) i am magnus carlson,

...if you are under fifty this is nonsense.

Mar-a-Lago

Moves
09 Oct 15

Originally posted by mister moggy
i am magnus carlson.

Thanks for your wisdom Cat Woman.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
09 Oct 15

Originally posted by mister moggy
i am magnus carlson.

I'm guessing there's plenty of nonsense here even if you're over fifty.