"Internet Trolls..."

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
10 Sep 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Yes you are a scourge of windbags. It says so under your avatar. Surely you are scourging
them to bring them to their senses and make amends for their misdemeanours. I just
wonder if you saw yourself as a redemptive figure, helping them to see the error of their
ways by scourging them.
The proverbial Windbags sometimes call me a "troll". Sometimes over and over again. I am sure they have their reasons.

rc

Moves
10 Sep 15

Originally posted by FMF
robbie, your defensive concept of "retrospective trolling" is jargon for not taking responsibility for your own behaviour and things you have said in the past. I unequivocally stand by everything I have said on this web site since 2007. If anything I've said is no longer my view I will just come out and say so and/or apologize for the contradiction.
On the contrary FMF, people regret many things they have said, are prone to aberration
and make mistakes which they may also regret and change over time, to cast these
elements up serves no purpose other than to remind them of something they may have
found painful and is cruel and unforgiving. Flip sake have you never made a mistake,
regretted something you have said and wished you had done something differently, well
then, enough!

rc

Moves
10 Sep 15

Originally posted by FMF
The proverbial Windbags sometimes call me a "troll". Sometimes over and over again. I am sure they have their reasons.
So you scourge them again and again, a little sadistic tis it not?

F

Moves
10 Sep 15

So you scourge them again and again, a little sadistic tis it not?
It's a debate and discussion forum. People are going to disagree.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
10 Sep 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (OP)
"Internet Trolls Are Narcissists, Psychopaths, and Sadists Trolls will lie, exaggerate, and offend to get a response."
Jennifer Golbeck Ph.D. Your Online Secrets [Posted Sep 18, 2014]

"In this month's issue of Personality and Individual Differences, a study was published(link is external) that confirms what we all suspected: Internet trolls ...[text shortened]... 9/internet-trolls-are-narcissists-psychopaths-and-sadists

Your insights?
"Top Definition Internet Troll: A person whose sole purpose in life is to seek out people to argue with on the internet over extremely trivial issues. Such arguments can happen on blogs, Facebook, Myspace and a host of others. The best thing you can do to fight an internet troll is to not answer..or report them."

"God, Jeromy won't stop posting about Larry's bad spelling in that conversation."
"Yeah, I know, what a Internet Troll."

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Internet+Troll

F

Moves
10 Sep 15

On the contrary FMF, people regret many things they have said, are prone to aberration
and make mistakes which they may also regret and change over time, to cast these
elements up serves no purpose other than to remind them of something they may have
found painful and is cruel and unforgiving. Flip sake have you never made a mistake,
regretted something you have said and wished you had done something differently, well
then, enough!
This is an attempted defence of the daft "retrospective trolling" deflection. I think it's utter hogwash. Sorry.

rc

Moves
10 Sep 15

Originally posted by FMF
It's a debate and discussion forum. People are going to disagree.
Yes but you need to scourge them for it?

F

Moves
10 Sep 15

Flip sake have you never made a mistake,
then, enough!
Good grief, are you even reading the posts you are responding to? As I said, I unequivocally stand by everything I have said on this web site since 2007. If anything I've said is no longer my view I will just come out and say so and/or apologize for the contradiction.

rc

Moves
10 Sep 15

Originally posted by FMF
This is an attempted defence of the daft "retrospective trolling" deflection. I think it's utter hogwash. Sorry.
Yes I am sure that you do, personally i found it quite moving myself.

F

Moves
10 Sep 15

Yes but you need to scourge them for it?
You're using "scourge" as a verb which is incorrect. I use it as a noun and it means "A person who inspires fear or dread" which is, of course, intended self-deprecatingly.

rc

Moves
10 Sep 15

Originally posted by FMF
Good grief, are you even reading the posts you are responding to? As I said, I unequivocally stand by everything I have said on this web site since 2007. If anything I've said is no longer my view I will just come out and say so and/or apologize for the contradiction.
yes but we are only interested in you as far as you scourge people for being human and
making mistakes.

rc

Moves
10 Sep 15

Originally posted by FMF
You're using "scourge" as a verb which is incorrect. I use it as a noun and it means "A person who inspires fear or dread" which is, of course, intended self-deprecatingly.
I see, it pays not to be assuming 😀

F

Moves
10 Sep 15

Yes I am sure that you do, personally i found it quite moving myself.
When you use the "retrospective trolling" defence you seem furtive and lacking in integrity, at least in my book. It's one of the weakest moves in your playbook.

F

Moves
10 Sep 15

yes but we are only interested in you as far as you scourge people for being human and
making mistakes.
Like I said, you're using "scourge" as a verb which is incorrect.

F

Moves
10 Sep 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
"God, Jeromy won't stop posting about Larry's bad spelling in that conversation."
"Yeah, I know, what a Internet Troll."
What's your insight into people criticizing spelling, is it "trolling"? Is your definition of "trolling" a kind of fuzzy catch-all term like robbie's?