"Internet Trolls..."

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
04 Nov 15

Originally posted by radioactive69
That says Retroactive stalker. It's not me. I swear it !!!
I've only just discovered this thread. Been browsing the more recent posts. What fun! πŸ™‚

It's a new light on one or two of the more contentious posters on here. What a relief!

This could even be the answer to the problem of the Disappearing Threads. Clearly, a disagreeable, unpleasant poster who's out to provoke a reply is a troll. Problem solved!

Once a troll is identified it can trigger an automatic warning, the Golden Rule for all Internet forums: Don't Feed The Troll!

Wonderful! The individual who's been stalking me is now seen as a troll. Never again need I truthfully protest my innocence, always in vain because there's always a nasty comeback from him.

The only response now required is Don't Feed The Troll!

Thanks, Grampy Bobby! Once again you've proved your worth. I'm genuinely, sincerely grateful to you. You've really helped me in a problem situation.

Thank you so much! πŸ™‚

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 Nov 15

Another GB thread hijacked by the refugees!

Guys may I extend a hearty welcome to you all, please keep up the good work.

😡

Moves
04 Nov 15

Originally posted by divegeester
Another GB thread hijacked by the refugees!

Guys may I extend a hearty welcome to you all, please keep up the good work.

😡
In what way does a genuine, heartfelt thank you equate to a hijack, please?

Grampy Bobby has actually really helped in a difficult situation. The ability to identify a troll is a most useful skill. He has helped. πŸ™‚

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 Nov 15

Originally posted by Startreader
In what way does a genuine, heartfelt thank you equate to a hijack, please?

Grampy Bobby has actually really helped in a difficult situation. The ability to identify a troll is a most useful skill. He has helped. πŸ™‚
I'm pleased that the two of you have been able to establish a symbiotic relationship. You should apply to join his Club where he will tell you stories as you sit cross-legged on the floor.

Moves
04 Nov 15

Originally posted by divegeester
I'm pleased that the two of you have been able to establish a symbiotic relationship. You should apply to join his Club where he will tell you stories as you sit cross-legged on the floor.
πŸ™‚

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
06 Nov 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
100+ Internet Troll Types & Troll Resources

Rabid Flamer:
“This guy likes to make trouble for his own amusement. If nothing particularly nasty is going on, he’ll whip out his flamethrower and burn everyone in his path, especially denizens of parenting or pets chat rooms.” Tamar Love Grande (2010)

Ranting Troll: “Ranting troll has an ax ...[text shortened]... to harm others for their own sick entertainment.” (to be continued) https://www.ipredator.co/troll/
100+ Internet Troll Types & Troll Resources

"Snob:
“This troll will just post *yawn*, *slow hand clap* or a rolling eye gif after every post they deem below par.” Emily Turner, (2013)

Sock Puppeteer: “If you’ve got any concept of ROI, you’re clearly not a Sock Puppeteer. These people can’t actually have paying jobs. They’re entirely too busy ruining everyone’s Internet fun and potentially having an extremely odd personality disorder. The Sock Puppeteer is a curious type of troll who creates several alternate, additional accounts on a commenting forum to flank their original trolling comment or argument with support.” (Criminal Justice Degree Guide)

Spam Troll: “When internet trolls put links into their already annoying long winded posts.

Spambot Troll: “Spambot troll is on a mission – quite possibly a paid-for mission to judge by the frequency with which he posts. His job is to sabotage the comments section by filling it with cut-and-paste postings of little relevance to the debate in hand. He was probably sent straight here from CACC – which also sums up the quality of the stuff he writes.” James Delingpole (2011)

Spambot Trolls: “Spambot Trolls might not even be people, but they crud up comments of otherwise civil discussions and they do so all over the Internet. They paste text and links into comments that often lead to data mining bugs or dead-ends, and there’s not much rhyme or reason to their names, words, or links. The Spambot Troll is like an automated Baiter; they just waste energy and space, and sometimes provoke a reaction, though it’s hard to imagine that anyone takes their bait.” (Criminal Justice Degree Guide)

Stalker Troll: “It takes a fairly sick mentality to want to be a troll. If you were in any way healthy, you would prefer to hang out the blogs of people you agree with, rather than maliciously setting out to disrupt those of people you hate. Stalker troll is the sickest of the lot. He becomes obsessed with every detail of life of the person whose blog he infests, in the hope of gleaning titbits, which he can use against his nemesis. For example, one of the regular trolls on this blog makes frequent sneery references to the fact that I suffer from depression. This is bizarre.” James Delingpole (2011)

STD Troll: “As many of you know, a sexually transmitted disease is hard to kick, just like this troll. Even when you think you’ve lost it for good, it comes back for another round. Unless you are a Zen monk, you’ll quickly lose patience with this cretin and reward it with the desired reaction. The best way to fight this troll off is by doing something counterintuitive: agreeing with it (please keep in mind this philosophy only applies to STD trolls, you should really just stick with a good antibiotic for an actual STD). I refer to this as the “roll with the troll” defense.” Josh Gross (2013)

Strategic Trolls: “A very serious form of game, involving the production of an overall strategy that can take months or years to develop. It can also involve a number of people acting together in order to invade a list.” (Net Lingo)

Strategic Trolls: A very serious form of game, involving the production of an overall strategy that can take months or years to develop. It can also involve a number of people acting together in order to invade a list.” Team Technology [Beware the Troll] (to be continued) https://www.ipredator.co/troll/

F

Moves
06 Nov 15

Originally posted by Startreader
Grampy Bobby has actually really helped in a difficult situation. The ability to identify a troll is a most useful skill. He has helped.
And yet he is a self-confessed "troll" even by his own definitions. He has admitted it both on this Forum and also on the Spirituality Forum.

Fun, fun fun!!

On the beach

Moves
06 Nov 15

Originally posted by FMF
And yet he is a self-confessed "troll" even by his own definitions. He has admitted it both on this Forum and also on the Spirituality Forum.
Even if he does "troll" as you claim what harm is it doing to you or anyone else on here?

I think the stuff GB posts is relevant, interesting and at times funny. It's delivered in the spirit of keeping this forum going. I don't see why you have to attack him all the time for creating new threads. If you don't like them don't read them and make a few threads of your own.

I know I'm only new here but these are the observations I have made since arriving. GB is one of a rare few who has made us feel welcome.

F

Moves
06 Nov 15

Even if he does "troll" as you claim what harm is it doing to you or anyone else on here?
He claimed it himself. I don't go around calling people "trolls". I haven't said that Grampy Bobby harms anyone. And I cannot remember calling him a "troll" ~ and certainly not as often as he has denounced people he disagrees with as "trolls".

What I have said is that he ought to take his unoriginal copy pasting thread micro-manger side and let it have free run on a blog of his own where he could have everything just the way he wants, and then offer a more sincere, less pompous, more communicative side here for the overall benefit of this community.

My view is not about any harm he does to anyone, far from it, I am more thinking that he sells himself short with a lot of his demeanour-in-action here, and more especially on the Spirituality Forum where his interpersonal and communication skills are far and away the weakest out of all the regular posters.

F

Moves
06 Nov 15

I don't see why you have to attack him all the time for creating new threads.
When was this? Or - seeing as you are saying I do it "all the time" - do you have 4-5 examples?

F

Moves
06 Nov 15

I know I'm only new here but these are the observations I have made since arriving. GB is one of a rare few who has made us feel welcome.
It's a message board. Hasn't the plethora of messages - all delivered in a spirit of robust goodwill - that I have engaged you with made you feel welcome?

Fun, fun fun!!

On the beach

Moves
06 Nov 15

Originally posted by FMF
He claimed it himself. I don't go around calling people "trolls". I haven't said that Grampy Bobby harms anyone. And I cannot remember calling him a "troll" ~ and certainly not as often as he has denounced people he disagrees with as "trolls".

What I have said is that he ought to take his unoriginal copy pasting thread micro-manger side and let it have free ...[text shortened]... erpersonal and communication skills are far and away the weakest out of all the regular posters.
Once again I state.....if you don't like it ignore it. Not everyone thinks the same as you do. I quite enjoy his postings. If they bring a rule in that forbids it then fair enough.

I've read a few of your posts that were friendly and quite funny. Concentrate on that style rather than the hostility you show in most of your other postings. We're here to pass a bit off time and have a laugh. Don't take things so seriously.

F

Moves
06 Nov 15

Once again I state.....if you don't like it ignore it. Not everyone thinks the same as you do. I quite enjoy his postings. If they bring a rule in that forbids it then fair enough.
Me stating my views on things does not make those things disappear from your view. You seem to be having difficulty ignoring those of my posts that you don't like. I don't think you should if you don't want to. Nor am I proposing that any rule is brought in or that anything is 'forbidden'.

F

Moves
06 Nov 15

I've read a few of your posts that were friendly and quite funny. Concentrate on that style rather than the hostility you show in most of your other postings. We're here to pass a bit off time and have a laugh. Don't take things so seriously.
You seem to be taking my attempts to pass a bit off time and have a laugh extraordinarily seriously.

Fun, fun fun!!

On the beach

Moves
06 Nov 15

Originally posted by FMF
You seem to be taking my attempts to pass a bit off time and have a laugh extraordinarily seriously.
I can absolutely assure you that I take nothing on this site seriously. Just like laughing at the ones who do.