How to be a person who dominates a forum

How to be a person who dominates a forum

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E

Moves
16 May 19
1 edit

Yeah sure you can start up a few threads but to really dominate a forum and attempt to keep out discussions you do not like you need to do more.

First thing is to come into threads and bring up a tangent discussion to change the subject of a thread. No need to see if anyone wants to discuss the tangent demand thst the people interested in the original discussion talk about yours.

Tangent discussions are normal but to be dominant you must continue to demand your topic be discussed as if you started the thread.

Next technique is to make accusations and question the people directly. Continue to ask questions and demand that your question be answered. If questions are asked of you, deflect them and continue to ask more questions than must be answered. This is key, you must only ask questions and never answer them. The person asking the question is dominant over the person who is answering.

Remember your purpose is to have fun dominating the forum so do not allow others to have conversations.

It is something I have seen at RHP since I joined. It is the exact same people doing it.

ENGLAND

Moves
16 May 19

ENGLAND

Moves
16 May 19

MEDIC!!

E

Moves
16 May 19
1 edit

@divegeester

You are a recovering forum dominator. You are not the worst offender. There are two who are much worse.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
16 May 19

@eladar said
Yeah sure you can start up a few threads but to really dominate a forum and attempt to keep out discussions you do not like you need to do more.

First thing is to come into threads and bring up a tangent discussion to change the subject of a thread. No need to see if anyone wants to discuss the tangent demand thst the people interested in the original discussion talk about ...[text shortened]... sations.

It is something I have seen at RHP since I joined. It is the exact same people doing it.
LOL....And it only took you a decade to see it!!!! 😛 😉

-VR

E

Moves
16 May 19

@Very-Rusty

It took me a decade to start a thread about it.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
16 May 19

@eladar said
@Very-Rusty

It took me a decade to start a thread about it.
LOL...Ok, that is really taking your time. Are you saying someone has dominated the forums for 10 years?

-VR

E

Moves
16 May 19

@Very-Rusty

More than one.

I forgot to mention another technique, make sure you thumbs down anything certain people post.

Trump 2020

Moves
16 May 19

I hope it's me! I never win anything 😕

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
16 May 19

@chessturd said
I hope it's me! I never win anything 😕
I hearby nominate your for chessturd of the CENTURY.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
16 May 19

@eladar said
@Very-Rusty

More than one.

I forgot to mention another technique, make sure you thumbs down anything certain people post.
eladar,

Have you considered that maybe not many participate in the forums so it appears they are dominating them? NOTE: As you said always the same posters! 😉

Look at the thumbs down I receive not that many participate between the thumbs down and up. I think many just sit back with their popcorn and watch the show. 😉

-VR

Trump 2020

Moves
16 May 19

@sonhouse said
🤗

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
16 May 19

@sonhouse said
LOL@ That is one of the funniest handles I've seen on here.

I second the nomination. 🙂

-VR

Trump 2020

Moves
16 May 19

😒

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
16 May 19

@chessturd said
😒