"Great 21st Century Novel"

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back to basics

About

Moves
06 Mar 08

Originally posted by pawnhandler
76. He didn't have time to ponder the meaning, though, as the authoritative pounding on the front door indicated someone demanding to be attended to.
77. How did the Feds find me, he wondered, while hastily jumping into his pants.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
06 Mar 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Lundos
77. How did the Feds find me, he wondered, while hastily jumping into his pants.
78. Opening the door Doyle discovered, to his utter surprise, that it was not the Feds but rather

a neatly dressed gray haired lady holding a package about the size of a loaf of bread.

Moves
06 Mar 08

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
78. Opening the door Doyle discovered, to his utter surprise, that it was not the Feds but rather

a neatly dressed gray haired lady holding a package about the size of a loaf of bread.
79. Stuffed inside the loaf of bread was a note from Ben saying " Fritz will probably try to tell you that I am a double agent but you know, in your heart of hearts, that that can't be. Remember when we were going out in high school and I tried going out with both you and your best friend Alicia. I was no good at hiding that was I?"

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
06 Mar 08

Originally posted by Great Big Stees
79. Stuffed inside the loaf of bread was a note from Ben saying " Fritz will probably try to tell you that I am a double agent but you know, in your heart of hearts, that that can't be. Remember when we were going out in high school and I tried going out with both you and your best friend Alicia. I was no good at hiding that was I?"
80. Color Doyle confused... if this package was intended for Sheila,

why in the world was it delivered to me?

Moves
06 Mar 08

80. Color Doyle confused... if this package was intended for Sheila,

why in the world was it delivered to me?
81. Ben had forgotten that Doyle and Sheila were no longer "an item" and had not changed her new address in his Little Black Book.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
06 Mar 08

81. Ben had forgotten that Doyle and Sheila were no longer "an item" and had not changed her new address in his Little Black Book.
82. Doyle would learn of this explanation, and receive some other life

altering information by the end of the coming weekend.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 Mar 08
3 edits

82. Doyle would learn of this explanation, and receive some other life

altering information by the end of the coming weekend.
"Great 21st Century Novel"

(Still untitled)

Chapter One... Major Outage
(Lines1-30)

Chapter Two... Sudden Triangle
(Lines 31-67)

Chapter Three... Double Agent
(Lines 68-82)

Chapter Four...
(Lines83- )

Line 83___________________________________________

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
07 Mar 08
1 edit

Line 83___________________________________________
With trembling hands, palpitating heart, and a painful peristaltic movement in the lower bowels, the young man in the empty parking lot rummaged through the purloined bag.

Moves
07 Mar 08

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
With trembling hands, palpitating heart, and a painful peristaltic movement in the lower bowels, the young man in the empty parking lot rummaged through the purloined bag.
84. He gingerly inserted his hand, not knowing what he'd find inside, and to his surprise removed several undelivered letters addressed to Doyle, Ben and Fritz but none of the booty he'd hoped for when scoofing the bag.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
08 Mar 08

84. He gingerly inserted his hand, not knowing what he'd find inside, and to his surprise removed several undelivered letters addressed to Doyle, Ben and Fritz but none of the booty he'd hoped for when scoofing the bag.
85. Fabric of the purloined bag was fine leather, understated lavender in color with the skillfully embossed initials...

p

tinyurl.com/ywohm

Moves
08 Mar 08

85. Fabric of the purloined bag was fine leather, understated lavender in color with the skillfully embossed initials...
86. ... JB. The only JB he could think of was a loyal companion of his, albeit a liquid one.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
08 Mar 08
1 edit

Originally posted by pawnhandler
86. ... JB. The only JB he could think of was a loyal companion of his, albeit a liquid one.
87. That is, as if to say, a quasi and unfaithful companion in times past...

two initials he well knew that didn't cut it then or now. So who was J.B.?

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
08 Mar 08

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
08 Mar 08

88. Thus it came to pass that Kervey M. Witherlee, small time thief who had grabbed the package and run off to the park with it and opened it to find what he could quickly turn into cash at the pawn shop happened to sit dismayed that he only had a handbag and some letters. He tossed the $7000 designer handbag in the park trashcan and walked off to open the letters to see if he might be able to get enough information to steal an identity.

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
08 Mar 08

89. the first letter was from someone named sheila. it was addressed to JB, although kervey had no way of knowing that sheila was dyslexic.

Dear JB, Plesae exuces em fro nto metenig uoy sa i prmoised. i gto teid pu ni smeo relaly bda stih. teh acounct # is 2378975.

of course kervey was too stupid to recognize that sheila was dyslexic and he would never be able to cash in on the information due to the reversals in the account number and the addressee's name.