"Great 21st Century Novel"

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
05 Mar 08

Originally posted by DaBearsFan08
40. What was it that was so important today?

(and for the record, I agree with pawnhandler)
Unsightly, yes, but a measure of disciplined protocol suggested in the interest of insuring continuity...

also to prevent side bar editorial commentary from intruding on the story line. Provides a quick

no nonsense point of reference and minimal structure, without which the novel thread would eventually

unravel. Similar to numbering moves in the creation of a chess game.

-gb 🙂

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
05 Mar 08

Originally posted by alexdino
41. I'll ask Fritz, my oldest of friends must help me!
42. 'No, on second thought I'll give Sheila a call," Doyle said as he reached for his cell.

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
05 Mar 08

Sheila answered, just out of the shower, toweling off, "hello?" she ran her hand down her leg, "hmmm" she thought, i'll shave my legs before I see Doyle tonight.

s
Granny

Parts Unknown

Moves
05 Mar 08

Originally posted by coquette
Sheila answered, just out of the shower, toweling off, "hello?" she ran her hand down her leg, "hmmm" she thought, i'll shave my legs before I see Doyle tonight.
Yikes! Nap Time for me!

Granny.

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
05 Mar 08

Sister Sheila, as known to her colleagues in the convent, was, indeed, meeting Doyle incognito tonight!

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
05 Mar 08

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
05 Mar 08
2 edits

Originally posted by mikelom
Sister Sheila, as known to her colleagues in the convent, was, indeed, meeting Doyle incognito tonight!

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
05 Mar 08
1 edit

45. "Hi, Babe, just me," said Doyle.

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
05 Mar 08

46. Sheila purred into the telephone, sending her fem magnetism to him, drawing him into her web . . . "hi Doyle" he could smell her smile, he was floating in her gaze, he recalled the electricity of their first touch . . and his mind went blank . . . ..

p

tinyurl.com/ywohm

Moves
05 Mar 08

46. Sheila purred into the telephone, sending her fem magnetism to him, drawing him into her web . . . "hi Doyle" he could smell her smile, he was floating in her gaze, he recalled the electricity of their first touch . . and his mind went blank . . . ..
47. ... as he drifted back to their last encounter, beginning with an intimate little dinner at the Chinese Buffet.

Moves
05 Mar 08
1 edit

47. Although he was confused, it never occured to him that what had just happened was the early onslaught of Sometimers. Sometimes I remember and others I don't.

**BONK**

Moves
05 Mar 08

Originally posted by pawnhandler
47. ... as he drifted back to their last encounter, beginning with an intimate little dinner at the Chinese Buffet.
48. He remembered that shortly after he again felt hungry for both food and the lovemaking they had done in his dream. A sweat came across his brow.

Back to basics

About

Moves
05 Mar 08

Originally posted by Great Big Stees
48. He remembered that shortly after he again felt hungry for both food and the lovemaking they had done in his dream. A sweat came across his brow.
49. Now if I only could decide what to eat, he thought to himself. Maybe something quick on the way to work? Or should I just call in sick, make a big brunch, and prepare for meeting Sheila?

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
05 Mar 08

49. then, the King came under fire from an errant knight, alas, Doyle realized that the errant knight was threatening not only the King but the very castle itself, and even slaying that knight would only open the door for the Bishop of the black church to enter through the secret passageway

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
05 Mar 08

51.... and that still small and familiar voice within kept whispering in an authoritative tone, "Your move."