First world problems

First world problems

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
15d

I place a pickup order online with my local grocery store, and they're out of the very thing that prompted me to make the order.

Of course, their website doesn't warn you about this in advance.

You're hanging your hopes on the idea that no one in-store will buy the last one before the pickup-compiler-person does.

And the order is locked down on the website, so I can't sub in some other turkey slices.

So I end up having to... having to... to... walk inside and buy turkey slices by hand, with the other common people 😲 😫 as I wait for the pickup order to come out.

Why do bad things happen to good people.

Über-Nerd

Moves
15d

@BigDogg

You have luxury problems. People in Gaza and Haiti are starving.

Moves
15d
1 edit

@bigdogg said
I place a pickup order online with my local grocery store, and they're out of the very thing that prompted me to make the order.

You're hanging your hopes on the idea that no one in-store will buy the last one before the pickup-compiler-person does.

And the order is locked down on the website, so I can' ...[text shortened]... n people 😲 😫 as I wait for the pickup order to come out.

Find a grocer store where the pickers sub-in an alternative “turkey slice” for you; or try to be less embarrassed about buying the ribbed-for-her-pleasure ones in person 😜

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
15d

@bigdogg said

And the order is locked down on the website, so I can' ...[text shortened]... n people 😲 😫 as I wait for the pickup order to come out.

Give up factory farmed meat and give a few turkeys a happy short life in your garden. They’ll taste much better with a stress free life 🐣

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
15d

@bigdogg said

I know your post is sarcastic, but do people in general still eat turkey slices? These things are carcinogenic.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
15d

@drewnogal said
Give up factory farmed meat and give a few turkeys a happy short life in your garden. They’ll taste much better with a stress free life 🐣
Good Idea, but about half of the US population do not have a garden. Of those that do about half of them have only flowers and other inedible plants. Even less have chickens running around. The average family in the US have only dogs and cats. These stats are similar in most first world countries.

In fact having a garden that produces food or contains animals for food is banned in some residential areas, as the priority is preserving the market value of the neighbourhood.

Über-Nerd

Moves
15d

@rajk999 said
Good Idea, but about half of the US population do not have a garden. Of those that do about half of them have only flowers and other inedible plants. Even less have chickens running around. The average family in the US have only dogs and cats. These stats are similar in most first world countries.

In fact having a garden that produces food or contains animals for food ...[text shortened]... nned in some residential areas, as the priority is preserving the market value of the neighbourhood.
Luxury problems. Like, ‘my Truth Social stocks just lost 35% of their imaginary value.’

Moves
15d

@moonbus said
Luxury problems. Like, ‘my Truth Social stocks just lost 35% of their imaginary value.’
I just bought, privately, some Nortel stock. Got a really good price too.πŸ‘

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
15d

@bigdogg said

Just my humble opinion, perhaps the world should be more concerned about 3rd world problems. People that are getting bombed and starving are bigger issues in my mind.

-VR

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
15d

@BigDogg

my electric car lowers my carbon footprint, but adds to the woes of the texas power grid
my electric lawnmower is so quiet i can hear the grass scream as i cut it
my electric insect fogger takes four different poisons to kill all the stuff my non-buddhist tush cannot stand buzzing in my ear
my electric chainsaw can dismember a body just a quickly as my ole stihl
my electric stepford wife never runs outta juice
my electric toothbrush has a tiny short that tingles so sweet
my dodge challenger makes a lot of noise

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
15d

@bigdogg said

I feel your pain.

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
15d

@great-big-stees said
I just bought, privately, some Nortel stock. Got a really good price too.πŸ‘
I bet you did πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
15d

@moonbus said
Just like 'billionaire' problems just on a smaller scale.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
15d

@very-rusty said
Just my humble opinion, perhaps the world should be more concerned about 3rd world problems. People that are getting bombed and starving are bigger issues in my mind.

-VR
You can do nothing about those.

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
15d

seven minutes to read this

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/automakers-hope-cut-two-way-ev-charging-becomes-real-2024-04-22/

charge yer electric car at night, it's cheap juice
leave it plugged into the grid during the day, sell the juice back at a profit