Euro 2016

Euro 2016

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
04 Jul 16

Originally posted by phil3000
It's not the manager it's the players that lose .
The international job is pretty much part time and the team more or less picks it self if Capello was still in charge England would have still won "diddly squat" you cant' win with 11 ego's.
The best thing England could do is scrap the team except for maybe two or three and pick honest players from the cha ...[text shortened]... t want to win and are unaffected by vast amounts of money and doing adverts for even more money.
Maybe a championship manager also.

rc

Moves
04 Jul 16

Originally posted by divegeester
England don't really have any outstanding players in their squad but that can be compensated for with building a well organised team. Like Middlesbrough by way of example, no outstanding players but a team that attacks as a unit and defends as a unit. I disagree with Phil to an extent because I do think that in this instance Roy was at least partly to blame for fielding a team that had no direction and were insipid. A team of individuals rather than an 11 man unit. Possession means nothing if you cannot score goals, flip sake did Leicester city not prove this without a shadow of a doubt last year?

rc

Moves
04 Jul 16

The English Premier league may have caused the demise of the England national team because of the influx of foreign players. The argument has been proffered that these foreign players will lift the game of the English players but I don't think that has happened, perhaps the opposite is true, the deficiency of England's players are being compensated for by more talented foreign players.

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
04 Jul 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
The English Premier league may have caused the demise of the England national team because of the influx of foreign players. The argument has been proffered that these foreign players will lift the game of the English players but I don't think that has happened, perhaps the opposite is true, the deficiency of England's players are being compensated for by more talented foreign players.
There is some corroborative evidence to support this.
Chili for example are not a wealthy footballing nation but have a superb national team.
Too much money is bad for the game, i agree.

p

Moves
04 Jul 16

I don't think the English premier league has led to the demise of the England team they were rubbish before it formed in 1992 .

rc

Moves
04 Jul 16

Originally posted by phil3000
I don't think the English premier league has led to the demise of the England team they were rubbish before it formed in 1992 .
Its not led to the demise but there are no teams with predominately all English players. Look by way of contrast at Bayern Munich? they have heaps of German nationals in their squad. FC Cologne nearly have all German nationals in their team, and Borussia Dortmund have a healthy number as well. Manchester city have three English nationals. Manchester Utd by contrast have a lot of English nationals but that is due to their youth work which produced probably one of their greatest sides evah. Limit foreign born nationals to three in each squad and England will become awesome.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
05 Jul 16

[b...[cut]... Limit foreign born nationals to three in each squad and England will become awesome.[/b]
Like between 1968 and 1992?
Take some time and Count all the titles they won.

rc

Moves
05 Jul 16

Originally posted by Ponderable
Like between 1968 and 1992?
Take some time and Count all the titles they won.
Meh maybe you are correct, maybe they just canny play football.

Moves
07 Jul 16

Unlucky Wales. Heroic effort.

Moves
07 Jul 16

With little help of referee, Dandruff Effendi's squad managed to squeeze into the final, which is another proof why football is obsolete--> a squad with no wins (*after 90 minutes' play) won against the squad with 4 wins (with one goal scored from offside) and that was enough?!
Booo!

Moves
07 Jul 16

And now another joke: France goes to the final.
Football makes no sense.

Moves
08 Jul 16

Originally posted by vandervelde
Football makes no sense.
Allow me to explain old chap.

France beat Germany 2-0. France progress to the final.

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
08 Jul 16

Football makes no sense.
The idea in football is to get the ball your opponents net more times than they do yours.

Moves
08 Jul 16

The idea in football is to get the ball your opponents net more times than they do yours.
I always judged the teams by the suit and hair style their coaches have, and by how many times players spit on the grass. Sex-appeal of players girlfriends and chear-leaders also had some part in it.

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
08 Jul 16

I always judged the teams by the suit and hair style their coaches have, and by how many times players spit on the grass. Sex-appeal of players girlfriends and chear-leaders also had some part in it.
Fair enough.