Easter Eggs

Easter Eggs

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
08 Apr 21

@divegeester said
Good job they all live local...
On this topic: We moved around a lot when I was a kid. I didn't get to grow up with the good friends I had at 12. Later in life I settled in a town where families and friends have lived for generations, but even after having lived here for three or more decades I still don't feel like I belong. Just a different way of growing up and living, I know -- growing up in one place versus skipping around and growing up an outsider. Probably some pros and cons to both ways.

Moves
08 Apr 21

As for Easter Eggs, when I was a kid we did dye them (simple stuff, not the fancy Ukrainian etc. patterns) and of the Easter-basket candy my favorite was the speckled "robin's eggs" that had a crunchy shell and a dry, airy chocolate center.

Moves
08 Apr 21

@fmf said
Are you opposed, in principle, to a poster "pissing on everything" certain other posters post? If so, can your opposition to it be discerned from your own posting?
I've noticed you like to trot out the concept of online disinhibition. Have you ever considered that you yourself might be addicted to certain pernicious internet activities? What help would be available to you in that case, especially since you are so proudly intelligent and clever?

If you were to harass people in your own town or city the way you do here, wouldn't you end up getting a good thrashing in a public square?

Fighting for menโ€™s

right to have babies

Moves
08 Apr 21

@kevin-eleven said
I didn't get to grow up with the good friends I had at 12.
Me neither. But then again do people really have “good friends”, in the meaningful way of the term, at 12 years old?

Moves
08 Apr 21

@divegeester said
Me neither. But then again do people really have “good friends”, in the meaningful way of the term, at 12 years old?
I'll leave it to you to ask around.

F

Moves
08 Apr 21

@divegeester said
Two of my close friends [whatever that actually means, and however many it is possible to have that fit whatever the definition is, not so many methinks] have been close since the age of seven; another two have been close friends since being 18 years old.

Moves
08 Apr 21
2 edits

@fmf said
Two of my close friends [whatever that actually means, and however many it is possible to have that fit whatever the definition is, not so many methinks] have been close since the age of seven; another two have been close friends since being 18 years old.
In case it helps anyone now or later, it did hurt to leave those friends behind in 1972, and to be a little set apart just for being smart (and a chronic new kid from moving around), and then to grow up gay in America in the times that I did, and just to see guy friends walking together with their guy friendship. I don't know the answer. I can't guarantee that "It gets better." Which is not to say that it gets worse (other than croaking). And it seems wrong to write some smug positive twist here, but what I wrote up there is part of my background.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
08 Apr 21
1 edit

@suzianne said
Confession: I am the Easter Bunny.
Actually the Easter Bunny is way better than you! ๐Ÿ™‚

-VR

Fighting for menโ€™s

right to have babies

Moves
08 Apr 21

@kevin-eleven said
I'll leave it to you to ask around.
Oh look, a straight dodge rather than a flowery non-sequitur, how refreshing!

Fighting for menโ€™s

right to have babies

Moves
08 Apr 21

@fmf said
Perhaps they are “good friends” in retrospect given the now lengthy history you have together.

I moved around a fair bit when I was in my formative years (and afterwards) and the friends I left behind I don’t miss, notwithstanding the fun we had at that age.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
08 Apr 21

@divegeester said
Perhaps they are “good friends” in retrospect given the now lengthy history you have together.

I moved around a fair bit when I was in my formative years (and afterwards) and the friends I left behind I don’t miss, notwithstanding the fun we had at that age.
I've had long life friendships you don't see often from Grade Primary up to this day.

Of course only 2 live nearby everyone else is all over the world and rest of Canada.

Many have passed to which makes me see how fragile life is. We seldom notice these things until they hit close to home.

-VR

F

Moves
08 Apr 21

@divegeester said
No, it's not in retrospect. They have been close friends constantly every year since we met and were never eclipsed by friends made in the meantime.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
08 Apr 21
1 edit

@fmf said
No, it's not in retrospect. They have been close friends constantly every year since we met and were never eclipsed by friends made in the meantime.
You can have more than one friendship at a time and if you grew up together can even get together I am lucky to have family living in the same City as me along with two close childhood friends and we all are great friends and have socials, or I should say did have social events before this pandemic. We haven't done so since the pandemic. We are wondering if the last one was the last one where we could all get together, one of the group was pretty sick for a period of time, but appears he will pull through and no it wasn't the virus.

-VR

F

Moves
08 Apr 21

Very Rusty, to be frank, I did not read past "You can have more than one friendship at a time..."

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
08 Apr 21
1 edit

@fmf said
Very Rusty, to be frank, I did not read past "You can have more than one friendship at a time..."
To be frank, fmf. I don't give a damn! ๐Ÿ˜› I don't think you ever read the whole sentence of sentences of what is said to you and just give a reply anyway! :๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜‰

-VR