Cup of tea

Cup of tea

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
30 Jul 13
1 edit

I am convinced that serving tea is quite ceremonial, at least in some cultures. Here in Glasgow we have what are termed tea rooms, some designed by world famous designers such as Charles Rennie Mackintosh, with high backed chairs and breathtaking interior design, anyway, tea comes in many manifestations, Turkish tea, thick, black and very sweet served in small cups the size of whiskey shot glasses, Indian tea, served with cinnamon and cardamom, generally made with milk instead of water, sweet and fragrant, Chinese green tea, the ultimate minimalist choice or the refined afternoon high tea of Devon, served with scones, clotted cream and some berried jam,

how do you take your tea,

l

Moves
30 Jul 13
1 edit

Earl Grey black tea with milk.

rc

Moves
30 Jul 13
1 edit

Originally posted by lolof
ahhh yes, fragrant and tasteful! There is Lady Grey too I believe. I love tea after a particularly hot curry, the tea brings to the fore the spices once again.

rc

Moves
30 Jul 13

I am always thankful for an anonymous thumbs down, if proves that haters really are gonna hate regardless, as if it needed proving, therefore anonymous hater, I sup my Ceylon afternoon tea to your health!

l

Moves
30 Jul 13
2 edits

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I am always thankful for an anonymous thumbs down, if proves that haters really are gonna hate regardless, as if it needed proving, therefore anonymous hater, I sup my Ceylon afternoon tea to your health!
Sad to see a thumbs down for such a nice and innocent thread. I really should try having tea in different ways than just one, such as those you suggested.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
30 Jul 13

Sad to see a thumbs down for such a nice and innocent thread. I really should try having tea in different ways than just one, such as those you suggested.
Hi, lolof, black and steaming hot works for me.

l

Moves
30 Jul 13

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Do you mean 'black tea' or tea without milk - I don't know how to order tea 🙂

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
30 Jul 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Ceylon or Constant comment and for regular black tea, Red Rose brand with 2 tea bags and 3 teaspoons of sugar. MUCH better that that garbage from Lipton.

s

England

Moves
30 Jul 13

Black, very sweet, weak, and with choc digestive

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
30 Jul 13
1 edit

Do you mean 'black tea' or tea without milk - I don't know how to order tea 🙂
... 'without milk' or cream (ugh). Ordering tea from tea bags, request
their package unopened. Do so yourself, when you're ready, then leisurely steep
to your own liking of strength. Return the water if it's the least bit tepid.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
30 Jul 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
ahhh yes, fragrant and tasteful! There is Lady Grey too I believe. I love tea after a particularly hot curry, the tea brings to the fore the spices once again.
Perfect companion to a Fish Supper as well, (that's breakfast tea with or without milk, not a Curry).

'Red Bush' is a nice naturally decaf option.

Moves
30 Jul 13

People in Serbia and in Balkan generally drink tea only when they are sick.
They are basically two kinds of tea - against diarrhea and against nervosity (and sinsomnia).
I ussally go to English tea shops to take flu- and sughing powder dissolved in a nice cup of tea.

😉

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
30 Jul 13

This is my choice as well.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
30 Jul 13

Originally posted by sonhouse
Ceylon or Constant comment and for regular black tea, Red Rose brand with 2 tea bags and 3 teaspoons of sugar. MUCH better that that garbage from Lipton.
Red Rose tea bags are awesome, when I can find it here in the southwest, I make 'sun tea' from it.

ook

hirsute rooster

Moves
30 Jul 13

c\_/