Brit Facts

Brit Facts

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
10 Jun 15

Originally posted by FMF
For a couple of decades, Monmouthshire effectively ceased to be. But it's there again now.
Similarly Rutland disappears and reappears.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
10 Jun 15

* There are over 400 escalators on the London Underground *

N

Moves
10 Jun 15

Originally posted by wolfgang59
* There are over 400 escalators on the London Underground *
There are 400 turkey escalopes in my local branch of Tesco.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
10 Jun 15

Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
There are 400 turkey escalopes in my local branch of Tesco.
An Englishman can easily balance a pineapple on his stiff upper lip.

N

Moves
10 Jun 15
1 edit

During the first few months of Cromwell's reign as Lord Protector, chicken goujons were legal tender across the land. The Findus Crispy Pancake dates back to this period.

These days, the barter economy still survives in the City of London, where bits of string, rabbits' feet and fragments of aurox bone can all be used to invest in the London stock market.

N

Moves
10 Jun 15
1 edit

The opening sequences from Stanley Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey were filmed in Richmond Park, London. Originally, there had been no plans to include a giant black obelisk that confers a giant evolutionary leap on those who come into contact with it, but a genuine one happened to have been put there the Thursday before by an advanced alien civilization, so Kubrick decided to incorporate it into the film.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
10 Jun 15

These days, the barter economy still survives in the City of London, where bits of string, rabbits' feet and fragments of aurox bone can all be used to invest in the London stock market.[/b]
And long may it continue.

Über-Nerd

Moves
10 Jun 15

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
And long may it continue.
I knew a man who still spoke Cornish into the 1990s.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
10 Jun 15
1 edit

The post that was quoted here has been removed
...and he is buried in the graveyard of the village where my parents live.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
10 Jun 15

The opening sequences from Stanley Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey were filmed in Richmond Park, London. Originally, there had been no plans to include a giant black obelisk that confers a giant evolutionary leap on those who come into contact with it, but a genuine one happened to have been put there the Thursday before by an advanced alien civilization, so Kubrick decided to incorporate it into the film.
It had to be a colossal cosmic joke. They simply plopped in a non-working one, obviously.

You were pranked!

Moves
10 Jun 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne
It had to be a colossal cosmic joke. They simply plopped in a non-working one, obviously.

You were pranked!
Ashton Kutcher wasn't born till 10 years after the release of the film.

N

Moves
10 Jun 15
2 edits

Originally posted by Suzianne

You were pranked!
My school report did say I was "unevolved". But I hit that aardvark-like animal real good, I did too!

r
Suzzie says Badger

is Racist Bastard

Moves
11 Jun 15

Originally posted by FMF
For a couple of decades, Monmouthshire effectively ceased to be. But it's there again now.
I was born in North Yorkshire and without moving I found myself in Teeside then county Cleveland and now back to North Yorkshire all I ask is Why?

Moves
11 Jun 15
2 edits

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
There are more umbrellas in the UK than there are guns. (4.2 million sold last year).
Bulgarians have less umbrellas but they all have poisoned pick.
edit:
umbrellas, not Bulgarians

Moves
11 Jun 15

17. British people are all great mathematicians.
gay dissfunctional mathematicians and addicted to chess