Best movie all time.

Best movie all time.

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

c

Moves
28 Sep 17

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
28 Sep 17
1 edit

The post that was quoted here has been removed
chaney3,

You are just being cruel now, and trying to embarrass dive. There are children who play better than you and I. I know because I've played them in tournaments and lost.

Some children are very gifted! Some adults can be very rude, even though their rating isn't nothing to write home about!!!

-VR

c

Moves
28 Sep 17

Originally posted by @very-rusty
chaney3,

You are just being cruel now, and trying to embarrass dive. There are children who play better than you and I. I know because I've played them in tournaments and lost.

Some children are very gifted! Some adults can be very rude, even though their rating isn't nothing to write home about!!!

-VR
I am not trying to embarrass Dive.

His 843 rating has spoken for itself.

What are you missing?

Maybe Dive doesn't know how the pieces move?

He should seek some chess help perhaps?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
28 Sep 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @chaney3
I am not trying to embarrass Dive.

His 843 rating has spoken for itself.

What are you missing?

Maybe Dive doesn't know how the pieces move?

He should seek some chess help perhaps?
chaney3,

I don't believe I am missing anything here.

You are attacking Dives playing skills when yours aren't that great!

It is quite obvious to me that Dive knows how to move all the pieces.

The same could be said about you and I chaney we could also seek some chess help, we chose not to as Dive does. He would sooner play the game like you and I do, we are not that good either. Look at our rating!!!

Last moved 2 days 2 hours and 29 minutes ago is when you made your last move on this site. looks like you are just here to stir the pot.

-VR

c

Moves
28 Sep 17

Originally posted by @very-rusty
chaney3,

I don't believe I am missing anything here.

You are attacking Dives playing skills when yours aren't that great!

It is quite obvious to me that Dive knows how to move all the pieces.

The same could be said about you and I chaney we could also seek some chess help, we chose not to as Dive does. He would sooner play the game like you a ...[text shortened]... when you made your last move on this site. looks like you are just here to stir the pot.

-VR
Well, I think you're wrong.

I don't think Dive knows how the pieces move.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
28 Sep 17

Well, I think you're wrong.

I don't think Dive knows how the pieces move.
Chaney3,

We can agree to disagree on this!

He has won games so he obviously knows how to move the pieces.

We don't know what he might have on his plate in the real world, sometimes we tend to forget about that part, I know I do at times!

-VR

Infidel

Moves
28 Sep 17

Originally posted by @divegeester
I've never seen it.

I'm not a fan of romance as a topic for being entertained so I supposed I've deselected watching movies with that theme.
Well, don't watch it. It's an absolute piece of crap that drones on for hours and hours. No idea why it got so many Oscars.

Casablanca, on the other hand, is a masterpiece.

F

Moves
28 Sep 17

Originally posted by @divegeester
Romance...
None
Romance is not a favourite genre of mine because I think hiring a couple of high profile leads often means the writers only have to choreograph some banter and manoeuvre the talented/high salaried pulchritude towards their shagging scene at the 25 minute mark, rather than actually write some genuine romancery.

So I nominate:

Lost In Translation
Before Sunset
Groundhog Day
Love Actually
As Good as It Gets

And pick: Before Sunset

Infidel

Moves
28 Sep 17

Originally posted by @fmf
Romance is not a favourite genre of mine because I think hiring a couple of high profile leads often means the writers only have to choreograph some banter and manoeuvre the talented/high salaried pulchritude towards their shagging scene at the 25 minute mark, rather than actually write some genuine romancery.

So I nominate:

Lost In Translation
Before Sunset
Groundhog Day
Love Actually
As Good as It Gets

And pick: Before Sunset
I second Lost In Translation.

Bit of a stretch to call Groundhog Day a romantic film.

As Good As It Gets could have gotten a lot better if they'd ended up as friends, NOT lovers. I hate the ending of that one.

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
28 Sep 17

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Don't know why you are trying to sabotage your own thread.

I've played Dive once, and despite the difference in our ratings, he played a very good game and as I recall caused me a few problems.

Not too much credence should be put in ratings. I suspect you will learn your lesson the hard way.

c

Moves
28 Sep 17

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Don't know why you are trying to sabotage your own thread.

I've played Dive once, and despite the difference in our ratings, he played a very good game and as I recall caused me a few problems.

Not too much credence should be put in ratings. I suspect you will learn your lesson the hard way.
Thanks for your comments Ghost, but 843 speaks for itself.

Dive doesn't know how to move the pieces.

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
28 Sep 17

Thanks for your comments Ghost, but 843 speaks for itself.

Dive doesn't know how to move the pieces.
Almost all your own games are against the same opponent, so I don't think your own rating tells us much about your true playing ability.

c

Moves
28 Sep 17

Almost all your own games are against the same opponent, so I don't think your own rating tells us much about your true playing ability.
That's not the point.

843 says the player does NOT know how the pieces move.

Dive is more than incompetent at chess. He doesn't know how the pieces move.

Sad for him, really.

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
28 Sep 17

That's not the point.

843 says the player does NOT know how the pieces move.

Dive is more than incompetent at chess. He doesn't know how the pieces move.

Sad for him, really.
Again, you only play the same opponent, so your own rating here is pretty meaningless.

And I've already told you, i've played Dive and he was a decent player. Why would I say that about someone who doesn't know how the pieces move.

Think about it Sherlock.

c

Moves
28 Sep 17

Again, you only play the same opponent, so your own rating here is pretty meaningless.

And I've already told you, i've played Dive and he was a decent player. Why would I say that about someone who doesn't know how the pieces move.

Think about it Sherlock.
You are biased.

You are Dive's pal.

But Ghost, he doesn't know how the pieces move. If he did, he wouldn't have a disgraceful rating.

Stop defending him.