Avoid this player - belen1969

Avoid this player - belen1969

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
07 Aug 16

Originally posted by Kewpie
Robbie, i know you're not very bright, but when you're engaged in such a large-scale rating cheat program your aggressive attacks on lower-rated players (who got their ratings honestly) is likely to draw the wrath of Russ.
If you look at Robbie's profile you will see his average opponent strength went up about 200 points starting at around 1400 to now over 1600.

I am rated over 1700 and he whopped me twice.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
07 Aug 16
1 edit

Originally posted by moonbus
I was referring to this game: Game 11625537

I would not have seen all that either (EDIT: not OTB with a clock running anyway). The idea is this: one applies a general principle, for example the gain of tempo by shuttling the king back and forth to force the other king to waste moves and yield ground (the principle is called “triangulation” ), and th ...[text shortened]... e.)

I apologise if this comment is in the wrong forum. Maybe should be moved to "Chess Only."
Sir,
It certainly was a great example of how to play an end game. Being your rating is so much higher than mine, and robbie's I might add. Of course I am going by his rating showing on RHP, not his real rating. I don't feel so bad now for not having seen it.
Thank You, for the lesson for free. 😉
Kind Regards,
-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
07 Aug 16

Originally posted by sonhouse
If you look at Robbie's profile you will see his average opponent strength went up about 200 points starting at around 1400 to now over 1600.

I am rated over 1700 and he whopped me twice.
Sir,
I'm still trying to figure out where his real rating is, seriously. I played him a couple of times years ago and he beat me soundly twice. Seemed much stronger than his rating suggested at that time. I know because I was in a chess club for years, and had a pretty good idea of playing strenghts, and knew when I was totally outmatched.

Regards,
-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
07 Aug 16
3 edits

Originally posted by Kewpie
Robbie, i know you're not very bright, but when you're engaged in such a large-scale rating cheat program your aggressive attacks on lower-rated players (who got their ratings honestly) is likely to draw the wrath of Russ.
Kewpie,
I know we have had our disagreements in the past, probably where they should stay. I do agree with you by robbie drawing attention to himself he is also drawing the attention of Russ. It should be fun when he tells Russ he can't speak in the forums because his rating is under 1600. We know of course he wouldn't have the courage to do so.

Many of the Moderators that I knew back in the day had a rating under 1600. robbie has to understand he doesn't make the rules on who speaks in the forums. The forums are for everyone from age 13 years old up from my understanding.

Nothing to do with ratings. Like "I USE TO DO" he equates intelligence with rating, which is where I/he is very wrong. A moderator once pointed that out to me years ago. I see now how correct he/she was about that.

Now that you've disagreed with robbie you know of course you will become one of his so-called-enemies, he will start out by calling you Nurse Ratched and it will just go down hill from there. I know from experience you can hold your own in any debate. Without the childish name calling I would like to add.

Regards,
-VR

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
07 Aug 16

Originally posted by Very Rusty
Sir,
I'm still trying to figure out where his real rating is, seriously. I played him a couple of times years ago and he beat me soundly twice. Seemed much stronger than his rating suggested at that time. I know because I was in a chess club for years, and had a pretty good idea of playing strenghts, and knew when I was totally outmatched.

Regards,
-VR
He studies chess a lot and has his own website on youtube where he annotates games from famous players.

I don't know his FIDE or ELO rating.

My guess is he is at least A player or maybe expert in USCF terms, 1900 to 2100 or so.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
07 Aug 16
2 edits

He studies chess a lot and has his own website on youtube where he annotates games from famous players.

My guess is he is at least A player or maybe expert in USCF terms, 1900 to 2100 or so.
Sir,
So, it appears the chess side of his brain is functioning very well. Now if he could get the rest working as well it would be great for us all. 😉 For a smart chess guy, he does some pretty dumb things. I do enjoy greenpawns blog, he annotates many games in there, and does so with humor. I am sure you've seen them.
Regards,
-VR

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
07 Aug 16

Have played Robbie 3 times.All close games. Lost the first 2 and a draw in the last.

I now feel I have the measure of him and will win the next 28.

🙂

rc

Moves
07 Aug 16

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Have played Robbie 3 times.All close games. Lost the first 2 and a draw in the last.

I now feel I have the measure of him and will win the next 28.

🙂
You should have won the last game! I was busted, you had me and let me slip out of your grasp! Karma rescued me from my fate 😀

rc

Moves
07 Aug 16

Sir,
So, it appears the chess side of his brain is functioning very well. Now if he could get the rest working as well it would be great for us all. 😉 For a smart chess guy, he does some pretty dumb things. I do enjoy greenpawns blog, he annotates many games in there, and does so with humor. I am sure you've seen them.
Regards,
-VR
VR I offered to be your teacher, but you proved unworthy of the calling and would not furnish my palm with the necessary 10,000 Canadian dollars, a minimal fee that I was asking to make you immortal!

rc

Moves
07 Aug 16
2 edits

I have about 3,500 subscribers to my measly little chess channel, which is not very much in relative terms of of youtube as a whole but I only thought I would get maybe ten or twenty so it has exceeded my expectations no end. 😀

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
07 Aug 16
3 edits

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
VR I offered to be your teacher, but you proved unworthy of the calling and would not furnish my palm with the necessary 10,000 Canadian dollars, a minimal fee that I was asking to make you immortal!
Sir,
My answer remains the same. I wouldn't give you two cents for your training. You even had a problem with Ghost of a Duke who is lower rated, at least the way it looks in the RHP standings. One person claims you to be between 1900-2100 USCF rating.

Kind Regards,
Karma is biting your butt, not on your side,
Have a pleasant day,
Sincerely,
-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
07 Aug 16
2 edits

I have about 3,500 subscribers to my measly little chess channel, which is not very much in relative terms of of youtube as a whole but I only thought I would get maybe ten or twenty so it has exceeded my expectations no end. 😀
Sir,
So of course you recommend to them it would be a good idea to subscribe to RHP to increase their playing knowledge. 😉 You haven't taught them anything about collusion have you. You know you can't teach everything you know. 😉 How many are in the four sisters clans?
Kind Regards,
Hope you day is going well,
Karma still nipping at your butt,
Sincerely,
-VR

rc

Moves
07 Aug 16
1 edit

Sir,
My answer remains the same. I wouldn't give you two cents for your training. You even had a problem with Ghost of a Duke who is lower rated, at least the way it looks in the RHP standings. One person claims you to be between 1900-2100 USCF rating.

Kind Regards,
Karma is biting your butt, not on your side,
Have a pleasant day,
Sincerely,
-VR
Sir remember J K Rowling was rejected thirteen times before she was published, Van Gogh never sold a painting during his lifetime and José Mourinho was a very average player and yet the greatest manager evah. I am nowhere near 1900-2100, I am a 1700-1800 rated player, but the greatest teacher since Leonardo da Vinci!

Ghost of a Duke would give you a whuppin for sure!

rc

Moves
07 Aug 16
1 edit

Sir,
So of course you recommend to them it would be a good idea to subscribe to RHP to increase their playing knowledge. 😉 You haven't taught them anything about collusion have you. You know you can't teach everything you know. 😉 How many are in the fours sisters clans?
Kind Regards,
Hope you day is going well,
Sincerely,
-VR
I have mentioned RHP once or twice but only in the course of annotating some games. I did a video for a free chess course on chessfox.com but thats only because I did the course myself and it was free. Collusion? its a chess channel not a tin foil hat conspiracy theory channel.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
07 Aug 16
1 edit

Sir remember J K Rowling was rejected thirteen times before she was published, Van Gogh never sold a painting during his lifetime and José Mourinho was a very average player and yet the greatest manager evah. I am nowhere near 1900-2100, I am an 1700-1800 rated player, but the greatest teacher since Leonardo da Vinci!
Sir,
ROFLMAO....You forgot to mention modest! You couldn't admit if you were between 1900-2100...Where you keep your rating far below that. You must think you are quite awesome to be comparing yourself to these people. I wonder if any of them would approve of your collusion tactics? 😉 EDIT: Again I can't help the gibberish you edit after I've already given you my reply.
Kind Regards,
Have a great day,
Sincerely,
-VR