Apocalypse Teams

Apocalypse Teams

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
10 Apr 20

Three categories, A, B, and C. A is your team of survivors. Smart, skilled, pragmatic. B are your followers. Valuable in many ways, perhaps very specialized, dependent family. C expendable. Old, weak, slow. If they had some broad talents they'd be in the B team. The most these people can hope for is a swift death.

So who's in your Red Hot Pawn Apocalypse Teams and why? I'm an Engineer, skilled at emergency first aid, and an expert marksman. While this "soft" apocalypse isn't the zombie horde I was hoping for, I'm an A. Who's with me?

Read a book!

Moves
10 Apr 20

@hand-of-hecate said
Three categories, A, B, and C. A is your team of survivors. Smart, skilled, pragmatic. B are your followers. Valuable in many ways, perhaps very specialized, dependent family. C expendable. Old, weak, slow. If they had some broad talents they'd be in the B team. The most these people can hope for is a swift death.

So who's in your Red Hot Pawn Apocalypse Teams and ...[text shortened]... sman. While this "soft" apocalypse isn't the zombie horde I was hoping for, I'm an A. Who's with me?
Ghost of a Duke for an A. He's gifted in many areas and he can walk through walls.

Gothenburg

Moves
10 Apr 20
2 edits

I would be in the C group - expendable, old but healthy. I need a strong leader, I would feel safe with Ghost of a Duke.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
10 Apr 20

@torunn said
I would be in the C group - expendable, old but healthy. I need a strong leader, I would feel safe with Ghost of a Duke.
I disagree. I think you would be essential for team morale.

I need to give the A, B, C thing some thought.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
10 Apr 20

@hand-of-hecate said

So who's in your Red Hot Pawn Apocalypse Teams and ...[text shortened]... sman. While this "soft" apocalypse isn't the zombie horde I was hoping for, I'm an A. Who's with me?
I'm old, weak, slow, smart, skilled and pragmatic.
Where do I queue?

SRB

Moves
10 Apr 20

I was always told I was a good leader when I worked in teams dealing with immediate risk to life. I would redefine the categories. I don't recognise description A as the qualities that people naturally want in a leader. I don't think you take the group forward defining people as 'followers' or as 'expendable' and I think human groups need far more than technical abilities to succeed. At times of crisis you often find resources where you least expect to find them. There will be more wisdom in the 'expendable' group than you can imagine.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
10 Apr 20

“Line on the left, one cross each.”

Nisus Wettus

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
10 Apr 20

“He thought that the world would make more rapid progress without the burden of old people.”

Gabriel Garcia Marquez,
Love in the Time of Cholera

Moves
10 Apr 20

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
10 Apr 20

@handyandy said
Ghost of a Duke for an A. He's gifted in many areas and he can walk through walls.
You forgot to mention your hero! 😉

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
10 Apr 20

@hand-of-hecate said

None of the above. I take my own road and walk alone!

-VR

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
10 Apr 20

@very-rusty said
None of the above. I take my own road and walk alone!

-VR
Keep walking...

😴

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
10 Apr 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Keep walking...

😴
At my own leisure and when I please!

-VR 😴

Moves
10 Apr 20

@wolfgang59 said
I'm old, weak, slow, smart, skilled and pragmatic.
Where do I queue?
"Old" is a relative term I think. Methuselah is old, Justin Bieber is young. I fall into the middle. Although technically very inept I do have some strong points (I just can't remember them, at the moment) so I think I might fit into either B or C, with B being my preference cuz I'm not ready to be a sacrificial lamb...yet.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
10 Apr 20

@great-big-stees said
"Old" is a relative term I think. Methuselah is old, Justin Bieber is young. I fall into the middle. Although technically very inept I do have some strong points (I just can't remember them, at the moment) so I think I might fit into either B or C, with B being my preference cuz I'm not ready to be a sacrificial lamb...yet.
Methuselah – 969 Years Old
According to the Bible Methuselah is the longest lived man as he died at the age of 969 years old. He is mentioned in he Book of Genesis as the son of Enoch, the father of Lamech, and the grandfather of Noah.

Some say the Bible is a fairy tale!

-VR