Another Prince thread

Another Prince thread

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 Apr 16

Am I the only one who thought he was an oily, hormonal little weasel who happened to have talent for making mostly melodically mediocre but technically competent music?

c

Moves
22 Apr 16

Originally posted by divegeester
Am I the only one who thought he was an oily, hormonal little weasel who happened to have talent for making mostly melodically mediocre but technically competent music?
"This is what it sounds like.....when Dive's cry"

Read a book!

Moves
22 Apr 16

Yes.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 Apr 16

Originally posted by chaney3
"This is what it sounds like.....when Dive's cry"
Lol. Nice one.

c

Moves
22 Apr 16

Lol. Nice one.
Thanks.....catchy tune. I can't stop singing it now.

rain

Moves
22 Apr 16

I agree. I've tried to listen to the music made during Prince's heyday in the 80's, but it just bores me. He does have some nice tracks that he made in the 90's (like one he made with a video featuring Dominique Dawes, and Olympic gymnast; the song and video were quite nice), and his most recent single,"1000s" a song currently receiving airplay, is pretty good.

I think Prince's appeal was mostly in his attitude and presentation, in addition to the fact that he has albums made in the 90's (after his heyday) that are generally considered by music critics to be classics.

Mar-a-Lago

Moves
22 Apr 16

No

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
22 Apr 16

I found a lot of his music to be clangy
not a fan

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
23 Apr 16
1 edit

Just like Sinatra, et.al. Prince's talent was in the show and, of course,
their cultural significance among society's least refined.

N

Moves
23 Apr 16

Originally posted by Captain Strange
No
Seconded.

rain

Moves
24 Apr 16

My local radio station has been playing Prince songs nonstop, and I must say, I should retract my earlier statement. Prince's music is better than I thought it was. He's much more creative than most artists from the 80's.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
24 Apr 16

And sad he didn't know the real Jesus instead of the one invented by the JW's.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
24 Apr 16

Originally posted by vivify
My local radio station has been playing Prince songs nonstop, and I must say, I should retract my earlier statement. Prince's music is better than I thought it was. He's much more creative than most artists from the 80's.
I'm sure you are correct; I got put off of his music by him personally.

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
24 Apr 16
1 edit

Originally posted by josephw
And sad he didn't know the real Jesus instead of the one invented by the JW's.
There are only 143,999 spots left now.

Or... er... am I confusing his cult with another cult? Confused.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
24 Apr 16

Originally posted by Seitse
There are only 143,999 spots left now.

Or... er... am I confusing his cult with another cult? Confused.
Too bad prince wasn't a Jew and a virgin. The JW's could have assembled outside the venues where prince performed his orgiastic displays and handed out their paraphernalia.