Moves
    24 Oct '21 00:15
    The point being Dive is a lunk head.
  2. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    24 Oct '21 00:191 edit
    @the-gravedigger said
    The film they were making was called Rust.
    Wonder what they will call the sequel ?
    VERY?

Oooops, should read further. Sorry😲🀭πŸ˜₯
  3. Standard memberContenchess
    Contentious
    Moves
    24 Oct '21 00:22
    @great-big-stees said
    VERY?

Oooops, should read further. Sorry😲🀭πŸ˜₯
    🀨
  4. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    24 Oct '21 00:24
    @gambrel said
    Actually cedar is about the longest lasting wood. In about 1979 Estes Park Co a 90 year old cedar sewer main was replaced. It was still intact, water flowing through it.
    Check out Ipe for durability.
  5. Joined
    16 Aug '15
    Moves
    24 Oct '21 00:59
    @great-big-stees said
    Check out Ipe for durability.
    Modern mains are mostly ceramic from what I've seen. Ipe is awesome, twice as strong as oak and far more durable than redwood or cedar by maybe 4x.
    But this was in the1800s in a small mountain town. I was surprised it was cedar, as it doesn't grow locally. This is blue spruce and aspen county bro.
  6. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    24 Oct '21 01:15
    @gambrel said
    Modern mains are mostly ceramic from what I've seen. Ipe is awesome, twice as strong as oak and far more durable than redwood or cedar by maybe 4x.
    But this was in the1800s in a small mountain town. I was surprised it was cedar, as it doesn't grow locally. This is blue spruce and aspen county bro.
    We imported the Ipe thinking it would be a good replacement for oak in the transportation industry but realized that it, although longer lasting, was much heavier, by a long shot, and ended up selling into the decking industry. It is also very dense, making it necessary pre drill in order to attach with screws...trying to nail it just wasted the nails, they just couldn’t penetrate. Whoa. How’d this go from Baldwin to IPE?πŸ€”πŸ˜²πŸ˜‰
  7. Joined
    16 Aug '15
    Moves
    24 Oct '21 02:04
    @great-big-stees said
    We imported the Ipe thinking it would be a good replacement for oak in the transportation industry but realized that it, although longer lasting, was much heavier, by a long shot, and ended up selling into the decking industry. It is also very dense, making it necessary pre drill in order to attach with screws...trying to nail it just wasted the nails, they just couldn’t penetrate. Whoa. How’d this go from Baldwin to IPE?πŸ€”πŸ˜²πŸ˜‰
    Maybe if they built a wall of Ipe the deaths wood have been prevented.πŸ˜€
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Oct '21 04:361 edit
    @wycombe-al said
    @divegeester ever head of Pinewood?
    Sure, I made a small (very) low budget corporate video there once. Actually it was made by a small firm who rented offices there.

So what do you do there?
  9. Joined
    16 Aug '15
    Moves
    24 Oct '21 05:13
    @divegeester said
    Sure, I made a small (very) low budget corporate video there once. Actually it was made by a small firm who rented offices there.

So what do you do there?
    I'd bet the farm that even though you're not a pro, you managed to make a film, and not kill anyone.
  10. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    24 Oct '21 07:43
    Maybe the gun used was defective or very rusty ?
  11. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    24 Oct '21 09:20
    @gambrel said
    One thing I don't understand, why in this day and age Hollywood sees a need to use real firearms and blanks. With CGI they could make dummy guns appear to spit out lead and fire.
    To me it doesn't make any sense. Apparently we learned nothing from Brandon Lee's death
    And they are, after all ‘actors’, so should manage to get into the role and mindset of someone shooting someone even if they have a toy plastic gun in their hand?
  12. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    24 Oct '21 11:371 edit
    @drewnogal said
    And they are, after all ‘actors’, so should manage to get into the role and mindset of someone shooting someone even if they have a toy plastic gun in their hand?
    Although I no longer have any guns, I did many years ago. I thought I’d like to “take up” hunting. In the three, or so years I did hunt but the only thing I actually shot were a lot of bullets. I discovered what it was I liked about hunting and it wasn’t the killing of animals, it was the walking in the woods. I traded in my guns for a good SLR camera. Anyway, before getting any guns, which by the way, one could do without needing a permit (you just had to be over 13). I took a course in gun safety. The big thing that I remember was the instructor, banging into our heads the, “NEVER” point the gun, at any time, at someone”. If you think about it...makes soooo much sense.πŸ‘
  13. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    24 Oct '21 13:55
    @divegeester nothing to do with on site productions, i do the finances, luckily health and safety nothing to do with me
  14. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    24 Oct '21 14:00
    interestingly i can find the rules on how to obtain a prop gun at work and a work catalogue showing all the various prop guns, swords etc available but nothing on the rules regarding their use!!
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    24 Oct '21 14:41
    @wycombe-al said
    interestingly i can find the rules on how to obtain a prop gun at work and a work catalogue showing all the various prop guns, swords etc available but nothing on the rules regarding their use!!
    Well I am sure there must be rules for using them, if not there certainly should be.

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree