1. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    24 Oct '21 16:23
    @wycombe-al said
    interestingly i can find the rules on how to obtain a prop gun at work and a work catalogue showing all the various prop guns, swords etc available but nothing on the rules regarding their use!!
    Read something about the American Actors guild, they have published several pages of guidance on their usage. Basically they should be treated the same as a real gun loaded with live ammo.
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    24 Oct '21 21:37
    The Associated Press online news site has published this:

"SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) — An assistant director unwittingly handed Alec Baldwin a loaded weapon and told him it was safe to use in the moments before the actor fatally shot a cinematographer, court records released Friday show."

My only question is: " Why would an actor cock and point a handgun at a cinematographer and pull the trigger?" I am assuming that shooting a cinematrographer would not be part of a scene in the movie being made. Am I wrong?

The handgun that was shown in a photo is a western-style single-action revolver, and the hammer must be cocked first, and then the trigger must be pulled in order to fire a single round. This whole process must be repeated for each round that is fired.

Two people were shot, so either the gun was fired twice, or a single round managed to hit both people.

I'm puzzled. Maybe the whole story will some day be published.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    24 Oct '21 21:50
    @mwmiller said
    The Associated Press online news site has published this:

"SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) — An assistant director unwittingly handed Alec Baldwin a loaded weapon and told him it was safe to use in the moments before the actor fatally shot a cinematographer, court records released Friday show."

My only question is: " Why would an actor cock and point a handgun at a cinematographer ...[text shortened]... round managed to hit both people.

Or as I said earlier. I am sure an investigation will be carried out but will we really know what happened for certain?

-VR
  4. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    25 Oct '21 11:04
    @very-rusty said
    Or as I said earlier. I am sure an investigation will be carried out but will we really know what happened for certain?

-VR
    I suspect the “victim’s” family would hope so.
  5. Joined
    16 Aug '15
    Moves
    26 Oct '21 00:05
    @sonhouse said
    @Contenchess
    And OF COURSE you would put out such an unbiased channel.

Why don't you just go on and do Tucker Carlsen show since you figure they are your gods??
    Take it to Debates Spanky.
  6. Standard memberContenchess
    Contentious
    Moves
    26 Oct '21 01:25
    In the face! In the faaaaaaccccce! 😆
  7. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    26 Oct '21 05:46
    @very-rusty said

-VR
    The latest news is that the set assistant, a prop technician, who handed Baldwin the gun had previously been sacked from a film set where a similar though less tragic accident had occurred. The gun fired as Baldwin was removing it from its holster.
  8. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    26 Oct '21 11:41
    @drewnogal said
    The latest news is that the set assistant, a prop technician, who handed Baldwin the gun had previously been sacked from a film set where a similar though less tragic accident had occurred. The gun fired as Baldwin was removing it from its holster.
    I wonder why there would be live ammo in a gun used on a movie set in the first place.🤔😳
  9. Standard memberContenchess
    Contentious
    Moves
    26 Oct '21 11:441 edit
    He was practicing drawing his weapon but why point it at her face?...and cock the hammer and pull the trigger?
    The old west double action revolver requires you to pull the hammer back then pull the trigger.
  10. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    26 Oct '21 11:57
    @contenchess said
    He was practicing drawing his weapon but why point it at her face?...and cock the hammer and pull the trigger?
    The old west double action revolver requires you to pull the hammer back then pull the trigger.
    Is it possible that somehow the hammer caught on something as he was unholstering it and his finger, being on the trigger as he unholstered the gun, slipped?🤔😳
  11. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    26 Oct '21 12:01
    @mwmiller said

Two people were shot, so either the gun was fired twice, or a single round managed to hit both people.

As I have read the director stood behin the photographer looking over her shoulder, the bullet went through her and hit the director.
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 Oct '21 12:06
    @great-big-stees said
    I suspect the “victim’s” family would hope so.
    Oh the family and world will hear a plausible story of what happened, but will it be the truth of what actually happened?

-VR
  13. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    26 Oct '21 12:21
    @very-rusty said
    Oh the family and world will hear a plausible story of what happened, but will it be the truth of what actually happened?

-VR
    You really have little faith in the human race, don’t you?😲😉
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Oct '21 12:22
    @drewnogal said
    The latest news is that the set assistant, a prop technician, who handed Baldwin the gun had previously been sacked from a film set where a similar though less tragic accident had occurred.
    Sounds like all precautions were being taken then!
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 Oct '21 14:09
    @great-big-stees said
    You really have little faith in the human race, don’t you?😲😉
    I have very little faith when it comes to a movie production actually telling the whole truth about a fatal accident on set. One persons job to make sure this kind of thing doesn't happen, yet it happens? No red flags go up for you?

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree