"5 Riddles..."

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Read a book!

Moves
22 Jul 14

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
[b]Bonus Riddle #8 (Value: 8 Points)

"This one is a riddle from one of the smartest men who ever lived, Albert Einstein. In fact, tradition says he came up with it as a child. While not a riddle in the traditional sense, it is still an interesting gauge of one’s intellect and focus. Einstein once famously opined that only 2 percent of the populat ...[text shortened]... instein's 2%.
No Googling or any other online searches, please.

Thanks and have fun.[/b]
Are you sure it was Einstein? Blue Masters and Prince cigarettes weren't around when he was a child.

Read a book!

Moves
22 Jul 14

13) The German smokes Prince.
Prince cigarettes weren't introduced until 1957, two years after Einstein died.

Did you tinker with the riddle, Bobby?

Or is that a hint to one of your accomplices that the German is the correct answer?

r
Suzzie says Badger

is Racist Bastard

Moves
22 Jul 14

Originally posted by HandyAndy
They all died of lung cancer.
riddled with it

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
22 Jul 14

Bonus Riddle #8 (Value: 8 Points) -Page 6

"This one is a riddle from one of the smartest men who ever lived, Albert Einstein. In fact, tradition says he came up with it as a child. While not a riddle in the traditional sense, it is still an interesting gauge of one’s intellect and focus. Einstein once famously opined that only 2 percent of the population would be able to solve it (some people argue that he meant only 2 percent could do it in their head and that many more people could solve it on paper).

The riddle is as follows: There are five houses, with five occupants, each with a different color house, different beverage of choice, different favorite brand of cigarette, and a unique pet. The goal is to figure out who owns the fish.

Here is all the info you get:

1) The Englishman lives in the red house.

2) The Swede keeps dogs.

3) The Dane drinks tea.

4) The green house is just to the left of the white one.

5) The owner of the green house drinks coffee.

6) The Pall Mall smoker keeps birds.

7) The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhills.

8) The man in the center house drinks milk.

9) The Norwegian lives in the first house.

10) The Blend smoker has a neighbor who keeps cats.

11) The man who smokes Blue Masters drinks bier.

12) The man who keeps horses lives next to the Dunhill smoker.

13) The German smokes Prince.

14) The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.

15) The Blend smoker has a neighbor who drinks water.

Request: Please solve on paper unless you're in Einstein's 2%.
No Googling or any other online searches, please.

Thanks and have fun.

Note: HandyAndy and redbadger have replied; waiting for Suzianne and ChessPraxis, our two other riddle solvers of record.

Read a book!

Moves
22 Jul 14

[b]Bonus Riddle #8 (Value: 8 Points) -Page 6

"This one is a riddle from one of the smartest men who ever lived, Albert Einstein. In fact, tradition says he came up with it as a child. While not a riddle in the traditional sense, it is still an interesting gauge of one’s intellect and focus. Einstein once famously opined that only 2 percent of the ...[text shortened]... dger have replied; waiting for Suzianne and ChessPraxis, our two other riddle solvers of record.[/b]
You're not paying attention, Bobby. Einstein couldn't have composed this riddle since Prince cigarettes
didn't exist during his lifetime. Therefore, it can only be a clue from you pointing to the correct answer:

The German, the occupant who smokes Prince cigarettes, owns the fish.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
22 Jul 14

You're not paying attention, Bobby. Einstein couldn't have composed this riddle since Prince cigarettes
didn't exist during his lifetime. Therefore, it can only be a clue from you pointing to the correct answer:

The German, the occupant who smokes Prince cigarettes, owns the fish.[/b]
I see what's happening here.

This is just another unending-layer-on-layer-hey-look-at-me-I'm-Bobby thread.

Count me out.

Sorry, Suzi. We let Bobby lure us into another one of his cut-and-paste traps. We'll have bonus rounds till October.

Originally posted by Suzianne
At least this one is entertaining, even you have to acknowledge that.

Are you sure it was Einstein? Blue Masters and Prince cigarettes weren't around when he was a child.

Did you tinker with the riddle, Bobby?

Or is that a hint to one of your accomplices that the German is the correct answer?

The German, the occupant who smokes Prince cigarettes, owns the fish.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
22 Jul 14
1 edit

You're not paying attention, Bobby. Einstein [b]couldn't have composed this riddle since Prince cigarettes

The German, the occupant who smokes Prince cigarettes, owns the fish.[/b]
You are trying too hard

...tradition says he came up with it as a child.

"tradition says" does not mean (or imply) that it's a fact.

And if the names of a few brands of cigarettes were changed over the years then so what? What does that prove? Seriously dude, meaningless nit-picking doesn't prove how smart you are, it only proves your devotion to nit-picking.

By the way, I thought we could count on you counting yourself out... that is what you said. How do account for this?

Read a book!

Moves
22 Jul 14

Originally posted by lemon lime
You are trying too hard

[b]...tradition says he came up with it as a child.

"tradition says" does not mean (or imply) that it's a fact.

And if the names of a few brands of cigarettes were changed over the years then so what? What does that prove? Seriously dude, meaningless nit-picking doesn't prove how smart you are, it only proves your de ...[text shortened]... uld count on you counting yourself out... that is what you said. How do account for this?[/b]
I counted myself back in. Now go play in traffic.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
22 Jul 14
1 edit

"Note: HandyAndy and redbadger have replied; waiting for Suzianne and ChessPraxis, our two other riddle solvers of record." Minimum of a first reply from Suzianne and ChessPraxis before we adjudicate the results; if necessary, a second [and/or third reply]. Deadline for Bonus Riddle #8 replies will be Wednesday, July 23, at 5:00 pm GMT-5 as a courtesy to other riddle solvers who may wish to compete. Thanks to HandyAndy and redbadger for their patience.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
22 Jul 14

I counted myself back in. Now go play in traffic.
Why? Do you happen to be driving by my place right now? I'll give you a big wave after dodging you in traffic... you're not too bright, so there's really not much chance of you running me over.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
22 Jul 14

[b]"Note: HandyAndy and redbadger have replied; waiting for Suzianne and ChessPraxis, our two other riddle solvers of record." Minimum of a first reply from Suzianne and ChessPraxis before we adjudicate the results; if necessary, a second [and/or third reply]. Deadline for Bonus Riddle #8 replies will be Wednesday, July 23, at 5:00 pm GMT-5 as a cou ...[text shortened]... er riddle solvers who may wish to compete. Thanks to HandyAndy and redbadger for their patience.[/b]
Here's the deal, Bob.

If you have a correct answer, then award the person who gave it to you.

Otherwise say there's no correct answer yet and re-open it for further answers.

I'm not going through the trouble of doing a logic problem (which I suck horribly at, yet can do it if I'm pressed) if there is a correct answer already.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
22 Jul 14
2 edits

Here's the deal, Bob.

If you have a correct answer, then award the person who gave it to you.

Otherwise say there's no correct answer yet and re-open it for further answers.

I'm not going through the trouble of doing a logic problem (which I suck horribly at, yet can do it if I'm pressed) if there is a correct answer already.
"Note: HandyAndy and redbadger have replied; waiting for Suzianne and ChessPraxis, our two other riddle solvers of record." Minimum of a first reply from Suzianne and ChessPraxis before we adjudicate the results; if necessary, a second [and/or third reply]. Deadline for Bonus Riddle #8 replies will be Wednesday, July 23, at 5:00 pm GMT-5 as a courtesy to other riddle solvers who may wish to compete. Thanks to HandyAndy and redbadger for their patience."

Originally posted by redbadger
riddled with it

Suzi, neither "first reply" from HandyAndy nor redbadger is the correct answer to Bonus Riddle #8. -Bob

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
23 Jul 14

[b]"Note:
HandyAndy and redbadger have replied; waiting for Suzianne and ChessPraxis, our two other riddle solvers of record." Minimum of a first reply from Suzianne and ChessPraxis before we adjudicate the results; if necessary, a second [and/or third reply]. Deadline for Bonus Riddle #8 replies will ...[text shortened]... either "first reply" from HandyAndy nor redbadger is the correct answer to Bonus Riddle #8. -Bob[/b]
Andy also said the German owns the fish.

Is this not all that is required for an answer?

Is he correct, or not?

Like I said, I'm not doing this just to find out Andy got it hours before I even started.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
23 Jul 14

Andy also said the German owns the fish.

Is this not all that is required for an answer?

Is he correct, or not?

Like I said, I'm not doing this just to find out Andy got it hours before I even started.

None of HandyAndy's first three replies contained the correct answer to Bonus Riddle #8. What is your answer, Suzi?

Read a book!

Moves
23 Jul 14

[b]They all died of lung cancer.

Prince cigarettes weren't introduced until 1957, two years after Einstein died. ...[text shortened]... first three replies contained the correct answer to Bonus Riddle #8. What is your answer, Suzi?[/b]
Those were comments, Bobby, not solutions. I was pointing out to you, in the interest of
historical accuracy, that the riddle as presented was not composed by Albert Einstein.
You could have offered it on its own without the attribution.

The German owns the fish. Disallow my response if it makes you and limeboy feel better.