2015 RHP Prose  - The results

2015 RHP Prose - The results

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

r
Suzzie says Badger

is Racist Bastard

Moves
09 Mar 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Silverstriker
Well we got there πŸ™‚ - thank you for the people taking time to read the fantastic pieces of writing provided by the talented writers on this website - it has been another enjoyable competition.

Below are the results of the 11 entries:

11th - Coming Home isn't always welcome (4 points)
10th - The Three Kings (7 points)
9th* (equal with 10th b ...[text shortened]... e forward if they wish πŸ™‚ i will put my hand up and announce that my piece of work came last lol
I wrote Billy it was a true story Bill passed away in January in Perth WA/ well done Drew......

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
09 Mar 15
1 edit

Originally posted by redbadger
I wrote Billy it was a true story Bill passed away in January in Perth WA
Well done, it seemed real cos that stuff does happens a lot.

I wrote remmieno3 that stuff dos'nt happen quite so often πŸ™‚

Moves
09 Mar 15

Great job everybody! Very nice works by everyone. Looking forward to doing this again as it allows me to attempt a art form that I never thought of trying until I joined Red Hot Pawn. See you next time and thanks for the votes! Special thanks to Silverstriker who watches over this contest for us all.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
09 Mar 15

Let me chime in to congratulate drew for her very strong showing and mike.

I wrote "The Castle" and am happy to have garnered so many votes πŸ™‚

Moves
09 Mar 15

Congrats to all and most especially to Drew.
My entry was "The Butterfly" and it was a true story. Thanks for the votes. My hands are still sore. πŸ˜‰

Oooops almost forgot. Thanks again to the Silverman (no not Sarah) for his great competition. I look forward to next year's.

l

Moves
09 Mar 15

Originally posted by Great Big Stees
Congrats to all and most especially to Drew.
My entry was "The Butterfly" and it was a true story. Thanks for the votes. My hands are still sore. πŸ˜‰

Oooops almost forgot. Thanks again to the Silverman (no not Sarah) for his great competition. I look forward to next year's.
Congratulations Stees - it is a very nice and touching story!

r
Suzzie says Badger

is Racist Bastard

Moves
09 Mar 15

Originally posted by kevcvs57
Well done, it seemed real cos that stuff does happens a lot.

I wrote remmieno3 that stuff dos'nt happen quite so often πŸ™‚
good story though.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
09 Mar 15

Originally posted by sonhouse
Yeah, That was mine. First attempt at writing.
I guessed it was you due to the focus on scientific/technological innovation. πŸ™‚

It wasn't bad, actually. And it's hardly your first attempt at writing - you've been writing posts on this forum for years. Despite what others may say, that counts.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
09 Mar 15

Originally posted by lolof
Congratulations Stees - it is a very nice and touching story!
My thoughts, too, lolof.

Moves
09 Mar 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
My thoughts, too, lolof.
Some lovely pieces here, I have enjoyed reading the entries. Congratulations to all the winners,

BUT

Especially to my wonderful sister Drew, for picking up 1st and 3rd. Well done Sis!
XX

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
09 Mar 15

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
I guessed it was you due to the focus on scientific/technological innovation. πŸ™‚

It wasn't bad, actually. And it's hardly your first attempt at writing - you've been writing posts on this forum for years. Despite what others may say, that counts.
Yes, I agree, even writing in posts here is practice organizing your thoughts so I can thank RHP for getting me to the point where I can write SOMETHING!

Über-Nerd

Moves
10 Mar 15

Thanks to all the contributors and to the organizer.

Wow, Drew! Keep writing and get yourself properly published. e-publishing is dead easy these days; PM me if you want some how-to pointers.

Cheers, moonbus

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
10 Mar 15
1 edit

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
11 Mar 15

Originally posted by moonbus
Thanks to all the contributors and to the organizer.

Wow, Drew! Keep writing and get yourself properly published. e-publishing is dead easy these days; PM me if you want some how-to pointers.

Cheers, moonbus
Can you make any money e publishing? I don't know much at all about it.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
11 Mar 15

Originally posted by sonhouse
Can you make any money e publishing? I don't know much at all about it.
I think I have heard that 50 shades of grey was first published on such a model...
The aim would not necessarily be to make money from the e-publishing, but could be to get the attendance of publishers.