101 ways to kill an internet forum dead

101 ways to kill an internet forum dead

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
23 Nov 15

Australia

Moves
23 Nov 15

There are thousands of ways to kill an internet forum dead, but I'd give excessive posting (by one or more individuals independently) as the most favoured here. Nastiness doesn't do it because people love watching conflict. That's why sport is so popular, particularly the kind where someone gets hurt.

F

Moves
23 Nov 15

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Oh, you have said a mean thing to me. 😲

I don't think you are nasty and twisted at all.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
23 Nov 15

Originally posted by Kewpie
There are thousands of ways to kill an internet forum dead, but I'd give excessive posting (by one or more individuals independently) as the most favoured here. Nastiness doesn't do it because people love watching conflict. That's why sport is so popular, particularly the kind where someone gets hurt.
Why would you say that "people love watching conflict." here when daily television news coverage displays it frequently, most recently in Paris, France?

F

Moves
23 Nov 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Why would you say that "people love watching conflict." here when daily television news coverage displays it frequently, most recently in Paris, France?
Because so many "people love watching conflict." That's why Kewpie would say it. You, for instance, have started countless passive aggressive-style threads on the Spirituality Forum with the obvious intention of causing conflict ~ and I now realize that you do it on this forum too. But then again, the kind of conflict that you appear to relish often leads to threads that run and run, rather than get 'killed'. So I think Kewpie has pretty much got it right.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
23 Nov 15

Originally posted by FMF
Because so many "people love watching conflict." That's why Kewpie would say it. You, for instance, have started countless passive aggressive-style threads on the Spirituality Forum with the obvious intention of causing conflict ~ and I now realize that you do it on this forum too. But then again, the kind of conflict that you appear to relish often leads to threads that run and run, rather than get 'killed'. So I think Kewpie has pretty much got it right.
Kewpie is more than capable of speaking for herself in lean rather than windy language
with the thought content weighing considerably more than the weight of the words..

F

Moves
23 Nov 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Kewpie is more than capable of speaking for herself in lean rather than windy language with the thought content weighing considerably more than the weight of the words..
You would lecture fellow posters on the use of "windy language"? That's quite funny. 😉

I'm just joining in the discussion. You spend too much time trying to micro-manage or suffocate what's going on in this community, Grampy Bobby.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
23 Nov 15
1 edit

14. By denying reality with virtually every word you type.