“Sub-Groups

“Sub-Groups" Don’t Contribute To Civilization

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
21 Jul 16

The post that was quoted here has been removed
It would have been more appropriate to put the phrase "such as Sleepyguy" in brackets with your username next as it is not a direct quote from my post.

D

Moves
21 Jul 16

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
21 Jul 16

You should simply try to follow well-established procedures when quoting someone else. If you don't know them, I'm happy to help.

I'm not interested in a personalized pissing match with you. I prefer to give SG a chance to respond.

D

Moves
21 Jul 16

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
21 Jul 16
1 edit

Then you are doing it wrong and the example you gave is beside the point.

Just trying to help; if I had wanted to add the phrase you did I would have but I didn't so it was clearly incorrect for you to do so in a quote without identifying yourself as responsible for the addition. Try to accept his correction of your error with some grace.

What I think of SG is irrelevant to your error.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
21 Jul 16

Originally posted by Sleepyguy
Here's the exchange:

[i]"If you're really optimistic, you can say this was the last time that old white people would command the Republican Party's attention, its platform, its public face," Charles P. Pierce, a writer at large at Esquire magazine, said during the panel discussion.

In response, Mr. King said: "This whole 'old white people' business ...[text shortened]... ed on their RACE, and is bummed it hasn't happened yet. Why is that not also a racist statement?
The interviewee does not mention race.

The interviewer mentions race.

The interviewee corrects the interviewer.

zahlanzi loses his mind.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
21 Jul 16

I think it's normal to use square brackets rather than round ones when doing that.

Z

Moves
21 Jul 16

Originally posted by Wajoma
The interviewee does not mention race.

The interviewer mentions race.

The interviewee corrects the interviewer.

zahlanzi loses his mind.
"The interviewee corrects the interviewer."
you can't "correct" someone by making a retarded comment. that's not correcting.

i can't complain that you don't know that though, you constantly say retarded crap then go giggling convinced you are the greatest.

D

Moves
21 Jul 16
1 edit