1. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    12 Oct '21 16:07
    @AverageJoe1. And I have to say again, that if someone cannot afford to raise their children normally, they should not have the children. It seems like you want me and the government to handle that problem. I myself am not a problem to the government.
    Anyway, Your solution, that you speak of above, is that government take care of it?
  2. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    12 Oct '21 16:08
    @no1marauder said
    Bezos makes about as much in a second as the median American worker makes in a month. https://www.yahoo.com/now/5-mind-blowing-facts-jeff-182204262.html
    So noted. But it would be nice to get back to the original post.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Oct '21 16:201 edit
    @averagejoe1 said
    @AverageJoe1. And I have to say again, that if someone cannot afford to raise their children normally, they should not have the children. It seems like you want me and the government to handle that problem. I myself am not a problem to the government.
    Anyway, Your solution, that you speak of above, is that government take care of it?
    Yes "losers" who want to work but are constrained by child care costs would get tax credits and/or subsidies so they could do so. The average cost of child care is now over $14000 a year, well over what many working and middle class families could afford even working full time.

You want people to work, don't you?
  4. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    12 Oct '21 16:59
    @no1marauder said
    Yes "losers" who want to work but are constrained by child care costs would get tax credits and/or subsidies so they could do so. The average cost of child care is now over $14000 a year, well over what many working and middle class families could afford even working full time.

You want people to work, don't you?
    You know, marauder, when I was 25 I would have loved to have had five children. I could not have afforded them. But, they Knowing what I know now, about your government, I should have had 10 children, because your government would have raised them for me. What a stupid I was.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Oct '21 17:04
    @AverageJoe1
    Ah, so you shaking your finger going BAD BAD is going to help how? They should NOT have children. If you hadn't noticed there is a directive in humans to reproduce and there is NOTHING you can do about that.

So now we add a social service Phd to your CV.
  6. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    12 Oct '21 17:34
    @sonhouse said
    @quackquack
    So the gist of all this is who gives a rats ass if we lose our democracy and instead have Trump forever?
    Posts lile this……really…
    I could write a post…”If we get rid of the electoral college, eight Metropolitan cities would be able to elect our president.””
    Every poster on this forum would go off track and start writing about Trump. My post would be about Schiff and Hillary, but they would write back about Trump. Do they not see that they do this? It becomes tiring.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Oct '21 18:06
    @averagejoe1 said
    You know, marauder, when I was 25 I would have loved to have had five children. I could not have afforded them. But, they Knowing what I know now, about your government, I should have had 10 children, because your government would have raised them for me. What a stupid I was.
    The cost of child care rose 41% since the pandemic; should people have factored that in years ago when they had children?

Like I said, right wingers bitch but they have no solutions.
  8. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    12 Oct '21 19:37
    @no1marauder said
    I'm perfectly honest when I say the logic behind the LDMU supports a progressive tax system as you well know.

All taxation "takes" from people. The issue is whether the People should have the power to decide what their government should do and how these things deemed necessary and/or desirable should be paid for (within the limits of Natural Rights of course). You say "no" I say "yes".
    As to your yes and no, I think that if you tell us what 'these things deemed necessary" are, I would vote no.....heavens, no. Who does the deeming? Biden, I assume, as he has been deeming for many months now. Screw the Constitution. The word autocrat will soon be bandied about on the Forum.
  9. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    12 Oct '21 19:38
    @no1marauder said
    The cost of child care rose 41% since the pandemic; should people have factored that in years ago when they had children?

LOL typical marerider…just make up some BS
  10. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    12 Oct '21 19:39
    @quackquack said
    Diminishing returns does not support what you claim it does. We can easily measure personal utility on the margins by asking people the simple question would you prefer to be taxed or keep your own money. The fact that people would rather not be taxed shows that people get more utility from having their own money than for having it be taxed away.
    To me your personal ph ...[text shortened]... hat the wealthiest need protection from those like yourself who just want to take and take and take.
    Yes, as to your first para, I think libs are telling us in their convoluted, between-the-lines, way, that they think that with our tax money, the govt can do a better job of spending that money rather than if it was kept in our own pockets. Witness some of Marauder's posts.
  11. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    12 Oct '21 19:45
    @no1marauder said

Well, yes. They should have factored. You once said the govt should have safety net, which made me gag. Better, a guy starting a family sets aside money for a rainy day, he saves, he invests, he always has his family covered. Today, there are 11M jobs available, almost 2 jobs per persons not employed. So as you preach pandemic gloom, this is a great opportunity to get caught back up ......assuming a guy didnt have more kids than he could afford.
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Oct '21 19:47
    @averagejoe1 said
    As to your yes and no, I think that if you tell us what 'these things deemed necessary" are, I would vote no.....heavens, no. Who does the deeming? Biden, I assume, as he has been deeming for many months now. Screw the Constitution. The word autocrat will soon be bandied about on the Forum.
    The People do the "deeming".
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Oct '21 19:481 edit
    @mott-the-hoople said
    LOL typical marerider…just make up some BS
    Sorry, one right winger doesn't want links, the other suggests I'm a liar because I didn't provide one.

Here it is: https://www.parents.com/news/child-care-costs-have-risen-more-than-40-percent-during-the-pandemic-report-finds/
  14. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    12 Oct '21 19:48
    @averagejoe1 said
    Posts lile this……really…
    I could write a post…”If we get rid of the electoral college, eight Metropolitan cities would be able to elect our president.””
    Every poster on this forum would go off track and start writing about Trump. My post would be about Schiff and Hillary, but they would write back about Trump. Do they not see that they do this? It becomes tiring.
    This post, I mis-wrote it, I was driving (shhhh). I meant to say I could write that Hillary criminally created false docs, blah blah, and Schiff swore by them for 2.5 years, knowing they were false, blah blah......and the resulting responses would be about Trump. Needed saying again, that it gets tiring.
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Oct '21 19:491 edit
    @averagejoe1 said
    Yes, as to your first para, I think libs are telling us in their convoluted, between-the-lines, way, that they think that with our tax money, the govt can do a better job of spending that money rather than if it was kept in our own pockets. Witness some of Marauder's posts.
    And they can in certain cases.

Have you ever heard of "externalities"? Or "market failures"?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree