Wikileaks Afghan files

Wikileaks Afghan files

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
28 Jul 10

Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
no1, seriously, how are you Wikileaks or the NYTs even qualified to determine what information is usable and what is not, or what possible impact it can have?
I trust my own and their judgment far more than the self-serving pronouncements of a marionette like yourself or of politicians (some wearing uniforms) attempting to justify the unjustifiable.

In a democracy, the people have the right to know the truth. There's a long and sordid history of all governments, including this one, of trying to deceive the people particularly as regards squalid adventures like Afghanistan. The New York Times published the Pentagon Papers almost 45 years ago to the same predictable chorus of "national security" and attempts to suppress the ugly truth. I suspect in time the Wikileaks action of this week will be seen in the same favorable light as publication of the Pentagon Papers is. Perhaps, just perhaps, it can help end this useless, bloody and futile fiasco.

U

Moves
28 Jul 10

Originally posted by no1marauder
I trust my own and their judgment far more than the self-serving pronouncements of a marionette like yourself or of politicians (some wearing uniforms) attempting to justify the unjustifiable.

In a democracy, the people have the right to know the truth. There's a long and sordid history of all governments, including this one, of trying to d ...[text shortened]... gon Papers is. Perhaps, just perhaps, it can help end this useless, bloody and futile fiasco.
Self serving? Oh OK you got me. It serves me personally to lie to a few people I don't even know on a chess website.

That's right! You deserve the truth! BTW, what revelation did you learn from these papers? What big scandal did they break?

E

Moves
28 Jul 10

Hundreds of Afghan lives have been put at risk by the leaking of 90,000 intelligence documents to WikiLeaks because the files identify informants working with NATO forces.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/07/27/leaked-afghan-war-files-expose-identities-informants/

But hey, who on the left cares about the lives of people helping the US military forces?

HG

Moves
28 Jul 10

Bingo, now wiki says it asked the white house first?? Lol,, someone is going to be caught up in an out-out lie now.... Guess who?
Can't always get by just playing dumb

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
28 Jul 10
2 edits

Originally posted by whodey
How is measuing how much of the country and indication of how powerful they have become?

It reminds me of all the claims about the Viet Cong were beaten back and the supposide beaten foe then launched the now famous Tet Offensive.

I would say that half arsed political wars like Korea and Vietnam should be shining examples of what not to do. You don't p ...[text shortened]... the arse. In fact, now Korea and Vietnam are armed to the hilt as a result of what the US did.
The Viet Cong were beaten back and they militarily lost the Tet Offensive. I think. Could be wrong.

EDIT - That doesn't matter though, it was what we call in chess a sacrifice. They won politically which is what matters in the end.