What happens on Biden's 100th day?

What happens on Biden's 100th day?

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
25 Jan 21

@lemondrop said
things will be better and trump will be dealing with a lot of legal problems
he will become a raving lunatic
Become!?

Moves
25 Jan 21

Don't fool yourselves.

It will be better than it was. It still won't be good.

It's still the same country, and the same people. The spotlight has moved, and for the better, but the background remains the same. There are many, many decades to come yet.

D

Moves
25 Jan 21

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
25 Jan 21

@mchill said
Fast forward to May 1st 2021 (give or take a few days) and what do we see? My predictions:

COVID 19 vaccinations are beginning to take effect. Infection and death rates are falling, and despite resistance from those who don't believe in masks or vaccinations (aka idiots) Americas virus situation is on a steady march to real improvement.

Stimulus legislation will have pas ...[text shortened]... be sorely needed if they hope to reverse their fortunes from a disappointing 2020 election.

🙂
Infection and death rates are already falling and will fall precipitously over the next weeks regardless of those who don't believe in masks or vaccinations.

This wave had peaked and rolled over on its own already.

Moves
25 Jan 21

@sh76 said
Infection and death rates are already falling and will fall precipitously over the next weeks regardless of those who don't believe in masks or vaccinations.

This wave had peaked and rolled over on its own already.
You contradict yourself.

Regardless, it won't be allowed to be over.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
26 Jan 21
3 edits

@shallow-blue said
You contradict yourself.

Regardless, it won't be allowed to be over.
I'm not sure how I contradicted myself.

As has been clearly proven by California (whose strictest rules in the nation have made not the slightest difference over-all), you can't legislate or executive order away this virus. It's going to come, take what it takes and recede no matter what rules you make.

It's a seasonal virus whose waves have greatest amplitude in the winter (except in the northeast, which got his SO hard in the spring that it probably had a little remaining resistance to the winter wave) and whose waves naturally crest and recede as the most ready targets develop immunity (or die, I suppose). Obviously, vaccines will help a lot, though it's unclear whether they're affecting the numbers yet.

What is pretty clear is that the worst of COVID is over, at least in the USA, unless something really bizarre happens with one of these new variants. This wave will recede naturally, the weather will turn warm and, eventually, we'll vaccinate enough people to stop another tidal wave like we've just come off of.

Biden really has very little to do with it. Possibly, better vaccine distribution will speed of the process. But things like a mask mandate on federal property? Fine. But mainly just COVID theater.

D

Moves
26 Jan 21