US Social Security Surplus Over $3 Trillion This Year

US Social Security Surplus Over $3 Trillion This Year

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
07 Mar 11

The problem is not the SSI system but the pilfering of this money by our politicians.

b
Enigma

Seattle

Moves
08 Mar 11

Originally posted by caissad4
The problem is not the SSI system but the pilfering of this money by our politicians.
Politicians...pilfer money from the system??? I'm shocked...Shocked I tell you! I've never heard of such a thing. 😲

r

Moves
08 Mar 11

there is no money in the social security system.

all social security funds come out the general fund.

the general fund is insovlent ( that is why the treasury prints money and why the federal reserve has to monetize the debt since sovereign fund purchasers won't buy
many t-bills anymore since the debt and deficit are so enormously out of whack.

social security has no money. they only have paper checks printed at the treasury which people use a fiat currency.

STS

Moves
08 Mar 11

No money?
Every working person in the US pays into a social security fund, comes out automatically each paycheck.
What do you mean no money?

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
08 Mar 11
1 edit

Originally posted by caissad4
Are you planning to give us a citation or something to indicate what you're talking about? Or are we to simply assume you're pulling random numbers out of thin air?

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
09 Mar 11

So much confusion . . .

w

Moves
09 Mar 11

Originally posted by reinfeld
social security has no money. they only have paper checks printed at the treasury which people use a fiat currency.[/b]
Please, not another thread about the government being broke. I thought Marauder cleared all that up by saying that the government can just borrow as much money as it wants when it wants. Geesh.

Blade Runner

Republicants

Moves
09 Mar 11
1 edit

Originally inspired by telerion
......there's too much confusion ....
...I can get no relief.....