Trump wants to stop Muslim immigration.

Trump wants to stop Muslim immigration.

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
09 Dec 15

Originally posted by whodey
Sure, they hated Jews as well. That is equally abhorrent.

However, I am not targeting a religion other than those who are at war with the US because of their religion.

All the GOP asked for was to properly vet these immigrants coming in from ISIS controlled Syria.

In fact, I could care less if they claimed to be Christians. They need to be properly ...[text shortened]... deal with this issue instead of just bringing in unknown refugees who are at war with the West.
What does that have to do with Trump's proposal to bar ALL Muslims from anywhere in the world from entering the US? Do you support that proposal or not?

w

Moves
09 Dec 15

Originally posted by no1marauder
What does that have to do with Trump's proposal to bar ALL Muslims from anywhere in the world from entering the US? Do you support that proposal or not?
Here are some scary stats

https://muslimstatistics.wordpress.com/2014/10/08/islamic-terrorism-activity-statistics/

World Public Opinion: 61% of Egyptians approve of attacks on Americans
32% of Indonesians approve of attacks on Americans
41% of Pakistanis approve of attacks on Americans
38% of Moroccans approve of attacks on Americans
83% of Palestinians approve of some or most groups that attack Americans (only 14% oppose)
62% of Jordanians approve of some or most groups that attack Americans (21% oppose)
42% of Turks approve of some or most groups that attack Americans (45% oppose)
A minority of Muslims disagreed entirely with terror attacks on Americans:
(Egypt 34%; Indonesia 45%; Pakistan 33😵
About half of those opposed to attacking Americans were sympathetic with al-Qaeda’s attitude toward the U.S.

We really need to have this conversation. I'm undecided right now, but I sure as hell am pissed off at people who refuse to have this conversation.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
09 Dec 15

Here are some scary stats

https://muslimstatistics.wordpress.com/2014/10/08/islamic-terrorism-activity-statistics/

World Public Opinion: 61% of Egyptians approve of attacks on Americans
32% of Indonesians approve of attacks on Americans
41% of Pakistanis approve of attacks on Americans
38% of Moroccans approve of attacks on Americans
83% o ...[text shortened]... ided right now, but I sure as hell am pissed off at people who refuse to have this conversation.
That poll was conducted over 7 years ago at the height of the US occupation of Iraq.http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pipa/pdf/feb09/STARTII_Feb09_rpt.pdf

Even then, large majorities of Muslims denounced attacks on US civilians.

w

Moves
09 Dec 15
2 edits

That poll was conducted over 7 years ago at the height of the US occupation of Iraq.http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pipa/pdf/feb09/STARTII_Feb09_rpt.pdf

Even then, large majorities of Muslims denounced attacks on US civilians.
7 years old?

Well that makes me feel better.....................NOT!

What much as really changed? We won't know until there is another poll.

In the US, if it is just 10% of the Muslim population who sympathize with groups like ISIS we are talking close to a million or more people.

It now appears that the relatives of the attackers in California are under scrutiny. The mother lived with them while they were making pipe bombs and the father made comments that he looked up to the leader of ISIS, and some of the relatives used to go target practicing with them.

I don't see much hope for the daughter they left behind not to become as radicalized, if not more, than her parents, especially since their relatives will now raise her.

w

Moves
09 Dec 15
1 edit

Looks like the UK has banned Trump

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3350969/Donald-Trump-s-call-Muslims-banned-America-divisive-unhelpful-quite-simply-wrong-says-Cameron.html#ixzz3tmtyQFnk

Hilarious.

Tum podem

Sewers of Holland

Moves
09 Dec 15

Trump is amazing.
I hope he becomes your next president.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Dec 15

Originally posted by shavixmir
Trump is amazing.
Me too. 😏

w

Moves
10 Dec 15

What I support is putting on the breaks regarding all of these immigrants coming over from Syria

I think even Trump said as much. He does not want this to be a permanent thing, just a temporary thing until we do a better job vetting people who might be possible terrorists.

Is it really too much to ask?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
10 Dec 15
1 edit

What I support is putting on the breaks regarding all of these immigrants coming over from Syria

I think even Trump said as much. He does not want this to be a permanent thing, just a temporary thing until we do a better job vetting people who might be possible terrorists.

Is it really too much to ask?
How many immigrants (actually refugees) are coming to the US from Syria?

What evidence is there that the US government needs to do a "better job" vetting them? Have any admitted to the US done anything of a terroristic nature?

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
10 Dec 15

Can anybody tell me why all of the Muslim countries that ban Israelis from entering don't get the same kind of righteous indignation that Trump is getting?

T

Moves
10 Dec 15

Originally posted by sh76
Can anybody tell me why all of the Muslim countries that ban Israelis from entering don't get the same kind of righteous indignation that Trump is getting?
Because they don't ban Jews, as a religious group, from entering?

D

Moves
10 Dec 15
1 edit

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
10 Dec 15

Originally posted by shavixmir
Trump is amazing.
He's leading the Republican field by a wide margin, and the alternative would be Hillary Clinton, who I wouldn't elect Dog Catcher.

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
10 Dec 15

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Chess tournaments are hardly examples of world diplomacy.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
10 Dec 15

Originally posted by Teinosuke
Because they don't ban Jews, as a religious group, from entering?
So, Trump would be better off merely saying that he'd ban people from predominantly Muslim countries?