1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    19 May '22 01:18
    @sh76 said
    The baby formula situation may be worth its own thread, but since this one doesn't seem to be going anywhere, I'll hijack this one.

The sheer incompetence of this government is nowhere on display more than on this issue. (That I'm the terrified father of a bottle-fed 6 week old with dwindling formula supplies in the pantry is beside the point.)

===The U.S. Department of A ...[text shortened]... ne free covid tests, how about you make sure things that we actually do need are being manufactured?
    Hire a wet nurse.
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    19 May '22 01:21
    @no1marauder said
    "If you know all about that" you were being deliberately dishonest in claiming that the shortages of infant formula from Abbott had anything to do with COVID home test production.

Every article I have read, and that amounts to about a dozen, says that the closing of the Sturgis plant was the main instigator of the shortage. Like most industries in the US, a few large c ...[text shortened]... her-shortage-startup-founders-say/

Maybe the problem is capitalism, not the Biden administration.
    Why are 75% of parents feeding their children formula?!
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    19 May '22 01:33
    DeLauro, Democratic chair of the House Appropriations Committee, said her legislation addresses the “here and now” issue of the shortage, a crisis she blamed on industry monopolies.

“The shortage was caused in large part by corporate greed and consolidation,” DeLauro said. “There are only four manufacturers of infant formula in the United States.”

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/defender/baby-formula-crisis-corporate-greed/?utm_source=salsa&eType=EmailBlastContent&eId=0d597c71-4f48-4437-9c39-0d29bbbf8360
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    19 May '22 01:42
    @metal-brain said
    DeLauro, Democratic chair of the House Appropriations Committee, said her legislation addresses the “here and now” issue of the shortage, a crisis she blamed on industry monopolies.

“The shortage was caused in large part by corporate greed and consolidation,” DeLauro said. “There are only four manufacturers of infant formula in the United States.”

https://childrensh ...[text shortened]... s-corporate-greed/?utm_source=salsa&eType=EmailBlastContent&eId=0d597c71-4f48-4437-9c39-0d29bbbf8360
    Loosen regulations so other manufacturers whose product isn’t good enough for current regs can bring their product to market maybe? Or import from Mexico?
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    19 May '22 02:12
    @zahlanzi said
    Am I hearing this right? All you Ayn Rand simps are now claiming that there should be government intervention into the free market? That Biden is to blame for how 4 private companies aren't providing enough supply of a product and he should be blamed for not doing enough to... what exactly?
    Maybe Francisco d’Anconia bought Abbott and now Atlas is Shrugging i.e. he’s deliberately driving it into bankruptcy to show those liberals he’s more important than they are

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree