Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    13 May '22 22:45
    @jimm619 said
    Not blaming BIDEN, huh?
    Nice of you, who initiated the policy?
    Trump did. It's also his fault.

WTF does that have to do with being unprepared now and having done nothing since February with the shortage looming?
  2. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    13 May '22 22:51
    @no1marauder said
    You must be the most misinformed COVID denier on this board except for MB.

Abbott didn't cut infant formula production because it was making COVID tests but:

" When Abbott Laboratories, one of the largest manufacturers of baby formula in the U.S., closed a facility in Michigan in February after the Food and Drug Administration announced it was investigating links be ...[text shortened]... iot or are you OK with feeding your kid formula from a plant shown to have had contaminated formula?
    ===You must be the most misinformed COVID denier on this board except for MB.===

That's rich, coming from undoubtedly the biggest jerk in the history of this forum, bar none.

So, to quote you on 8 zillion occasions, GFY.
  3. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    13 May '22 22:54
    @jj-adams said
    While Americans can't find it.
    Thanks, Biden.
    THE WHOLE STORY
    Let's see HOW MANY of these 'concerned parents,' actually read this/
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    https://time.com/6175211/baby-formula-shortage/
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 May '22 22:57
    @sh76 said
    That was one plant. Of course I know all about that. The government should have seen this shortage coming and acted months ago.
    "If you know all about that" you were being deliberately dishonest in claiming that the shortages of infant formula from Abbott had anything to do with COVID home test production.

Every article I have read, and that amounts to about a dozen, says that the closing of the Sturgis plant was the main instigator of the shortage. Like most industries in the US, a few large corporations dominate infant formula sales and a disruption of one effects the entire product:

"Just four companies make almost 90% of the American supply of formula, which three in four parents rely on to feed their babies, according to the Centers for Disease Control. About 40% of formula is now out of stock nationwide. Abbott, which makes Similac, and Mead Johnson, the maker of Enfamil, account for almost 80% of the market."

https://fortune.com/2022/05/13/diversifying-infant-formula-industry-critical-to-preventing-another-shortage-startup-founders-say/

Maybe the problem is capitalism, not the Biden administration.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 May '22 22:58
    @sh76 said
    ===You must be the most misinformed COVID denier on this board except for MB.===

That's rich, coming from undoubtedly the biggest jerk in the history of this forum, bar none.

So, to quote you on 8 zillion occasions, GFY.
    Sorry for showing your pet theory that production of COVID home tests had anything to do with the formula shortage was BS and apparently deliberate and knowing BS.
  6. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    13 May '22 23:212 edits
    @sh76 said
    The baby formula situation may be worth its own thread, but since this one doesn't seem to be going anywhere, I'll hijack this one.

The sheer incompetence of this government is nowhere on display more than on this issue. (That I'm the terrified father of a bottle-fed 6 week old with dwindling formula supplies in the pantry is beside the point.)

===The U.S. Department of A ...[text shortened]... ne free covid tests, how about you make sure things that we actually do need are being manufactured?
    WIC
    Women, Infants & Children
    A program initiated by PRES CARTER
    to insure children and mothers have nutritional
    food for themselves and their children...
    Another example of A DEMOCRAT doing
    a service for the regular people.\\
    .........Can anyone offer an example of A REPUBLICAN PRESIDENT
    doing the same?..
    ..Only example I can think of is NIXON's establishment of THE EPA.
    ..........Anyone believe TRUMP would refer to NIXON as a RINO?
  7. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    14 May '22 02:29
    @sh76 said
    The baby formula situation may be worth its own thread, but since this one doesn't seem to be going anywhere, I'll hijack this one.

The sheer incompetence of this government is nowhere on display more than on this issue. (That I'm the terrified father of a bottle-fed 6 week old with dwindling formula supplies in the pantry is beside the point.)

===The U.S. Department of A ...[text shortened]... ne free covid tests, how about you make sure things that we actually do need are being manufactured?
    Just as well you’re all banning abortions.
    You need more babies…
  8. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    14 May '22 13:365 edits
    @jj-adams said
    While Americans can't find it.
    Thanks, Biden.
    There ya' go again.....Thanks Biden, for problems created by The GOP.'
    ........Yeah and inmates get better medical care than
    the average citizen...AT NO COST.............AT YOUR SUGGESTION.....
    remember how you fought OBAMACARE?
    What do you suggest we do with these toddlers
    that we have taken into custody?...............AT YOUR SUGGESTION
    And, of course, the hundreds, or coupla' thousand baby formulas dispensed to these 'prisoners are really affecting the millions of formulas missing from store shelves.........
    Can you believe Gov.ABBOT if TEXAS suggested
    that we just stop feeding them??? Let them starve to death,No problem there, RIGHT?
    As long as they're born against a mothers wishes.
  9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    15 May '22 04:43
    90% of baby formula manufacturers are owned by 4 companies. They are price fixing and you dolts don't have the critical thinking skills to figure that out. They are deliberately cutting production to raise the price which is considered a monopoly. If they were honest competitors they would be scrambling to supply the demand to make money.

I'm sure no1 honestly believes the lame excuses they are giving on the corp news media. He couldn't spot a scam if it was in possession of his wallet. He thinks these so called competitors don't like money. It makes perfect sense to morons that businesses don't want to sell their product.

Pathetic!
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    17 May '22 01:23
    Am I hearing this right? All you Ayn Rand simps are now claiming that there should be government intervention into the free market? That Biden is to blame for how 4 private companies aren't providing enough supply of a product and he should be blamed for not doing enough to... what exactly?
  11. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    18 May '22 01:06
    @zahlanzi said
    Am I hearing this right? All you Ayn Rand simps are now claiming that there should be government intervention into the free market? That Biden is to blame for how 4 private companies aren't providing enough supply of a product and he should be blamed for not doing enough to... what exactly?
    That big plant that was closed was due to a "voluntary" recall. That means nobody made them shut it down. This is typical of price fixers. They were looking for an excuse to cut production so they found it. The oil refining industry does the same thing, only they intentionally cause explosions as an excuse to shut a plant down.

Welcome to the United States of Oligarchy.
  12. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    18 May '22 10:281 edit
    @sh76 said

Must be nice to know that you are able
    to pay 500% more, many can't.
    Here is the reason for the shortage...NOT BIDEN,
    THIS TIME READ IT....Even FOX agrees
    https://www.fox21news.com/news/what-caused-the-baby-formula-shortage/
    https://theweek.com/briefing/1013420/why-is-there-a-baby-formula-shortage
  13. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    18 May '22 10:53
    @sh76 said
    If Truman can nationalize the steel mills to fight to Korean War, Biden can nationalize Abbott Labs to make baby formula.

Anyway, he wouldn't have to. They have just been asleep at the switch for months and the action now is mediocre stuff indeed.
    NATIONALIZE??????
    Wait, oh no, ....you mean....BIG GOVERNMENT????/
  14. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    19 May '22 01:10
    @sh76 said
    If Truman can nationalize the steel mills to fight to Korean War, Biden can nationalize Abbott Labs to make baby formula.

Anyway, he wouldn't have to. They have just been asleep at the switch for months and the action now is mediocre stuff indeed.
    WELL HERE YA' GO'//////////
    https://news.yahoo.com/biden-invokes-defense-production-act-221835768.html
  15. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    19 May '22 01:17
    @sh76 said

Tax cuts for Abbott Labs should do the job. Right?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree