The Trump Phenomenon

The Trump Phenomenon

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
07 Jun 16

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
What measures do you propose to balance the budget?
Embrace a model that is geared more toward a limited government.

Then hear the screams as you cut programs calling for the heads of those who cut spending.

This is why I don't think reform can happen internally. What is needed is for the states to amend the Constitution and force them to balance the books.

j

Moves
07 Jun 16

Originally posted by sh76

While a smaller group is actually racist, a much larger group of conservatives and moderate conservatives are sick of being called racist every time they criticize the welfare system or called sexist every time they oppose government enforced paid maternity leave or called homophobic for believing that a baker should not be forced to bake ...[text shortened]... just have a visceral reaction that sympathizes with the guy who is standing up to the PC "man."[/b]
while I have only read this post, and no replies, I have been saying exactly this for some time now. I personally get sick of being told what I can and can not say without being labeled ( in what I consider, an unfair manner ) and have told my colleagues that I believe that this is what is behind trumps popularity. I do not believe that there is a rise in racism, esp here in Australia, ( not saying that it does not exist ) but I wonder if racism is not being highlighted much more often by the media. " see, here it is ". It makes for a good story.

Anyway, I very much think this is the case.

D

Moves
08 Jun 16

K

Germany

Moves
08 Jun 16

Originally posted by whodey
Embrace a model that is geared more toward a limited government.

Then hear the screams as you cut programs calling for the heads of those who cut spending.

This is why I don't think reform can happen internally. What is needed is for the states to amend the Constitution and force them to balance the books.
What specific measures do you propose to balance the budget?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
08 Jun 16

Originally posted by jimmac
while I have only read this post, and no replies, I have been saying exactly this for some time now. I personally get sick of being told what I can and can not say without being labeled ( in what I consider, an unfair manner ) and have told my colleagues that I believe that this is what is behind trumps popularity. I do not believe that there is a rise in rac ...[text shortened]... see, here it is ". It makes for a good story.

Anyway, I very much think this is the case.
Who knew that Rush Limbaugh admirers had such sensitive natures? Perhaps they should have worked out their angst with the help of mental health professionals rather than acting out by voting for someone as grossly unqualified to be President as Trump.

w

Moves
08 Jun 16
1 edit

What specific measures do you propose to balance the budget?
A good start would be to decrease spending across the board by a small percentage. That way no one program is targeted, anywhere from 1 to 5%.

The next thing I would do would be to focus on governmental waste and corruption. Scratch that, this would be the first focus.

To even get this far would be magical thinking, but I would continue to focusing in on the big expenses such as military and health care etc. Health care will be targeted no matter who gets in office since both parties hate Obamacare. It's days are numbered and not sustainable.

K

Germany

Moves
08 Jun 16

A good start would be to decrease spending across the board by a small percentage. That way no one program is targeted, anywhere from 1 to 5%.

The next thing I would do would be to focus on governmental waste and corruption. Scratch that, this would be the first focus.

To even get this far would be magical thinking, but I would continue to focusing in ...[text shortened]... o gets in office since both parties hate Obamacare. It's days are numbered and not sustainable.
Everyone thinks government waste and corruption should be eliminated. How would you do it?

A simple across-the-board cut is not feasible for many reasons - for instance, you can't just cut wages of government employees by decree as they have already been negotiated and agreed upon. Many government expenses are things the government purchases in the free market and the government can't just decide to pay less for them. So I will ask again: which measures specifically do you propose to cut spending? What should the federal government do less of, or what federal benefit programs should be scrapped or reduced?

w

Moves
08 Jun 16

Everyone thinks government waste and corruption should be eliminated. How would you do it?

A simple across-the-board cut is not feasible for many reasons - for instance, you can't just cut wages of government employees by decree as they have already been negotiated and agreed upon. Many government expenses are things the government purchases in the f ...[text shortened]... e federal government do less of, or what federal benefit programs should be scrapped or reduced?
This is the job of those spending the money, not mine.

As you point out, there are a myriad of obstacles to balancing the budget, so much so, that doing it internally is impossible.

What is needed is an outside intervention. That means economic collapse or an outside chance states can rise up and amend the Constitution and force lawmakers to balance the books, no matter what it takes.

Of course, you probably agree with Dick Cheney who said that deficits don't matter anymore. Eat, drink, and be merry. The status quo rules. 😵

K

Germany

Moves
08 Jun 16

A predictable, cowardly cop-out.

w

Moves
08 Jun 16

A predictable, cowardly cop-out.
I should run for political office.

rc

Moves
08 Jun 16

As you point out, there are a myriad of obstacles to balancing the budget, so much so, that doing it internally is impossible.

What is needed is an outside intervention. That means economic collapse or an outside chance states can rise up and amend the Constitution and force lawmakers to balance th ...[text shortened]... o said that deficits don't matter anymore. Eat, drink, and be merry. The status quo rules. 😵
You need the British to rule you again 4 Sure!

w

Moves
08 Jun 16
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
You need the British to rule you again 4 Sure!
Eurabia?

No thanks.

Sharia is not for me.

rc

Moves
08 Jun 16

Eurabia?

No thanks.

Sharia is not for me.
haha you could have a legit harem, what you stressin about!

w

Moves
08 Jun 16
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
haha you could have a legit harem, what you stressin about!
Who says I don't already?

They made it legal because I lied on the marriage certificates and said we were all gay.

D

Moves
08 Jun 16
1 edit