1. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    19 Mar '12 09:58
    This post might should be in the culture forum. Does anyone else find Emily Blunt attractive. I do.

Nervous Emily Blunt laughs ‘hysterically’ in Obama’s face

Emily Blunt (AP)

British actress Emily Blunt can’t help but cringe whenever she recalls her recent meeting with President Barack Obama – because she lost control of her nerves and began laughing “hysterically” in his face.

Blunt was attending the Kennedy Center Honors in Washington, D.C., on Dec. 11 to help pay tribute to her The Devil Wears Prada co-star Meryl Streep when she was offered the opportunity to greet the president.

But the meeting didn’t quite go as smoothly as she’d planned when Obama lavished praise on Blunt for her screenwork – and it all proved a little too much for her to handle.

She recalls, “I’m from England so I didn’t think I would be as excited as I apparently was (to meet Obama), so I was like, he won’t know who I am, he’ll shake my hand and say, ‘Hi, nice to meet you’, move on.”

“I went to shake his hand and he turned to me, and he put his hand on top of mine and he went, ‘I love you. I love what you do, I’ve seen all of your work.’ And I started to laugh hysterically in his face and I didn’t say anything except I think I said, ‘I appreciate that’ or ‘I appreciate you’ or just something really awful and I couldn’t stop laughing!”

Her bizarre reaction prompted event officials to cut short the meeting and guide her away – and Blunt admits it was a complete disaster.

She says, “I don’t know what happened, I’ve never fallen to pieces like that in front of anyone … So I got gently removed. I remember feeling a kinda firm grip on my arm as I was ushered away. And Michelle (Obama) gave me a hug, I think out of pity, because I was such a mess!”

http://blog.chron.com/celebritybuzz/2012/03/nervous-blunt-laughed-hysterically-in-obamas-face/
  2. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    19 Mar '12 15:52
    Originally posted by moon1969
    This post might should be in the culture forum. Does anyone else find Emily Blunt attractive. I do.

[quote]Nervous Emily Blunt laughs ‘hysterically’ in Obama’s face

Emily Blunt (AP)

British actress Emily Blunt can’t help but cringe whenever she recalls her recent meeting with President Barack Obama – because she lost control of her nerves and be ...[text shortened]...
    http://blog.chron.com/celebritybuzz/2012/03/nervous-blunt-laughed-hysterically-in-obamas-face/
    I would probably laugh in his face too.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Mar '12 19:03
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    ouch, thats bitter!
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Mar '12 02:09

[quote]Nervous Emily Blunt laughs ‘hysterically’ in Obama’s face

Emily Blunt (AP)

British actress Emily Blunt can’t help but cringe whenever she recalls her recent meeting with President Barack Obama – because she lost control of her nerves and be ...[text shortened]...
    Just out of curiosity, if you met Obama personally would you have to change your panties after the encounter as well?
  5. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    20 Mar '12 03:12
    Originally posted by whodey
    Just out of curiosity, if you met Obama personally would you have to change your panties after the encounter as well?
    Let me answer you question with a question.

If you met Ron Paul personally would you have to change your panties after the encounter?
  6. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    20 Mar '12 09:30
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    Only so you could get the first lady to hold you close.
  7. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    20 Mar '12 09:31

If you met Ron Paul personally would you have to change your panties after the encounter?
    This sounds like a yes to me.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Mar '12 12:03

Most assuradly, no.

You see, I don't worship other human beings the way the left does.
  9. Joined
    20 Mar '12
    Moves
    20 Mar '12 12:08

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Joined
    20 Mar '12
    Moves
    20 Mar '12 12:11

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    20 Mar '12 13:17
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    The clock is ticking.......how long will he last this time ?
  12. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    20 Mar '12 15:41
    Originally posted by whodey
    Most assuradly, no.

You see, I don't worship other human beings the way the left does.
    Jesus...
  13. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    20 Mar '12 15:49
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    The clock is ticking.......how long will he last this time ?
    Wait, who is he?
  14. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    20 Mar '12 16:13
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Jesus...
    zing!
  15. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    20 Mar '12 19:16
    Originally posted by sh76
    zing!
    Zing indeed. LOL.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree