The end of snow?

The end of snow?

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planet Rain

Moves
15 Feb 14

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
The weather in L.A. is still gorgeous 😵
Yes, but, will you be allowed to ever wash your car again if the drought wears on…? (I'm a native Southern Californian.)

w

Moves
15 Feb 14

Originally posted by Soothfast
Cool story, bro! 😉
Cool is not the word I would have used, but thanks.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
15 Feb 14

Originally posted by JS357
A little dry, here where L.A.'s water comes from.
Nobody asked for your opinion 😠

S

Moves
15 Feb 14

A few thousand years ago, some people thought that with enough human sacrifice, they could change the weather.

Now some modern people think that with enough human sacrifice, they can change the climate.

That's real human progress for you.

w

Moves
16 Feb 14

Originally posted by SMesq
A few thousand years ago, some people thought that with enough human sacrifice, they could change the weather.

Now some modern people think that with enough human sacrifice, they can change the climate.

That's real human progress for you.
Likewise, people used to sacrifice their children to "the gods" in order to have better crops, fertility, weather etc. Today, we abort our children in the hopes of being better off as well.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Moves
16 Feb 14

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Nobody asked for your opinion 😠
Let the day come when only asked-for opinions are rendered here.🙂

P

Moves
16 Feb 14

Originally posted by sh76
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/08/opinion/sunday/the-end-of-snow.html?_r=0

Please, somebody speed up the process. I can't handle much more of this. The snowpack is already up to my waist and now they're predicting 10 more inches in the next 2 or 3 days.

Bring back the Hummer.
Which Hummer? 1, 2 or 3

V

Moves
18 Feb 14

Here in Finland we've had the mildest winter for years and barely any snow.

K

Germany

Moves
18 Feb 14

Originally posted by Vartiovuori
Here in Finland we've had the mildest winter for years and barely any snow.
Although most of it has melted in an unusually mild February, I doubt many people (except other Finns) would agree with you that 8 inches of snow is "barely any."

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
18 Feb 14
2 edits

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
Although most of it has melted in an unusually mild February, I doubt many people (except other Finns) would agree with you that 8 inches of snow is "barely any."
We have had well over 60 inches of snow this season and sometimes is comes down mixed with this icy slop that's turned my driveway into a freaking skating rink (try getting 4 kids in the car with walls of snow all over the place and ice instead of pavement). Yet another dose of snow falling as we speak. Temps have been a solid 10 degrees below normal since mid January. The only saving grace is that my town happens to be very good at snow plowing. Once it stops snowing, the roads are generally clear.

They're calling for 40's later in the week. I can't wait. I think I'll go out and buy some sunscreen.

w

Moves
18 Feb 14

Originally posted by sh76
We have had well over 60 inches of snow this season and sometimes is comes down mixed with this icy slop that's turned my driveway into a freaking skating rink (try getting 4 kids in the car with walls of snow all over the place and ice instead of pavement). Yet another dose of snow falling as we speak. Temps have been a solid 10 degrees below normal since mid ...[text shortened]... re calling for 40's later in the week. I can't wait. I think I'll go out and buy some sunscreen.
If it hits 40 I'll wear shorts.