1. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    05 Sep '22 23:501 edit
    @no1marauder said
    I posted a fact.

sh76 has been our #1 COVID minimizer for years. Not quite as nutty as you COVID deniers and anti-vaxxers, but with blood on his hands nonetheless.
    Pretending that people who still, as vaccines, viral attenuation and natural immunity have crushed the CFR to something like .03%, want society-wide restrictions to "combat" what now amounts to a flu-minus, is irrational.

Live how you want to live. If you want to wear an N-95 for the rest of your life to decrease the number of colds you get, you're welcome to do that. You want to avoid parties for the rest of your life? Knock yourself out.

But to force Novak Djokovich, who has natural immunity and supreme fitness, to miss the US Open so some nit-wits in the Biden administration can claim ideological purity and for the DC School system to come within days or effecting a policy that would force 40% of its students to miss school because they say nay on a medical intervention with a very close cost/benefit analysis for kids their age, is insane.

I'm not sure yet about the bivalent vaccines. They'll be awesome news if they work, but they've been tested on mice and that's pretty much it. As I had covid in June, Leanna Wen herself says I should wait until December, which I probably will, for 2 reasons:
    1. I don't need it until then
    2. I'd like to make sure there are no widespread adverse reactions

My decision on this issue is exceedingly deliberate and rational, though there are still many who would love to see me lose my job over it.

As for whether I'll get it after December, I have to say, I'm not sure. It's basically the flu shot. It probably helps decrease severity and the benefit likely outweighs the risk, but it's not a slam dunk.

Of course, if you're 70 or immunocompromised and never got covid, that's a different story.
  2. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    06 Sep '22 03:051 edit
    @sh76 said
    Pretending that people who still, as vaccines, viral attenuation and natural immunity have crushed the CFR to something like .03%, want society-wide restrictions to "combat" what now amounts to a flu-minus, is irrational.

Live how you want to live. If you want to wear an N-95 for the rest of your life to decrease the number of colds you get, you're welcome to do that. You w ...[text shortened]... dunk.

Of course, if you're 70 or immunocompromised and never got covid, that's a different story.
    But to force Novak Djokovich, who has natural immunity and supreme fitness, to miss the US Open so some nit-wits in the Biden administration can claim ideological purity and for the DC School system to come within days or effecting a policy that would force 40% of its students to miss school because they say nay on a medical intervention with a very close cost/benefit analysis for kids their age, is insane.

Holy moly. sh76

Forced to miss? Athletes are subject to literally hundreds of obscure, unnecessary and restrictive rules for competition. I heard once that golfers can't talk about certain subjects. Tennis might be the most bizarre. There's all kinds of craaaazy rules violations for reaching into your bag at the wrong time, or walking in the wrong place, or looking at a judge with the wrong facial expression.

You were quite intelligent on this issue at one point. This comment is insane, not the policy. COVIDs a blip. Not insane.
  3. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    06 Sep '22 03:53
    @wildgrass said
    [quote]But to force Novak Djokovich, who has natural immunity and supreme fitness, to miss the US Open so some nit-wits in the Biden administration can claim ideological purity and for the DC School system to come within days or effecting a policy that would force 40% of its students to miss school because they say nay on a medical intervention with a very close cost/benefi ...[text shortened]... igent on this issue at one point. This comment is insane, not the policy. COVIDs a blip. Not insane.
    We need a new catergory:

Covid Maximizer
    Covid Minimizer

..and the new one we'll be seeing plenty of:

Covid Controls Damage Ignorers
  4. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    06 Sep '22 11:534 edits
    @wildgrass said
    [quote]But to force Novak Djokovich, who has natural immunity and supreme fitness, to miss the US Open so some nit-wits in the Biden administration can claim ideological purity and for the DC School system to come within days or effecting a policy that would force 40% of its students to miss school because they say nay on a medical intervention with a very close cost/benefi ...[text shortened]... igent on this issue at one point. This comment is insane, not the policy. COVIDs a blip. Not insane.
    So your point is that because there are lots of stupid rules, this stupid rule is somehow less stupid?

At least those other rules are made up by the people hosting the games. I'd find it equally stupid if the Biden administration banned the infield shift or made pass interference replay reviewable by Executive Order (though both of those actions would be far more warranted than keeping out unvaccinated tennis players).

Can you make the rational case for preventing Novak Djokovic from traveling to New York to play at the US Open? Or are you content with the argument that there are stupider rules?
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Sep '22 14:381 edit
    @wildgrass
    You figure athletics and athletes should be wide open to whatever drug enhancement science can come up with, now the dude who wins the 500 meter race is just the one with the most advanced enhancements? If so, why not just have robots run the race of play tennis?
    I can see it now, humans gone extinct but our sports living on in robot world, robot announcers telling the robot crowds, yes, that ball was out by one whole NANOMETER. They really have to learn to control the ball better than that.......
  6. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 Sep '22 20:28
    @sh76 said
    But to force Novak Djokovich, who has natural immunity and supreme fitness,
    His name is Djokovic, not Djokovich; and he is a proven liar. Anyone who trusts his statements about his "natural immunity" would swallow horse dewormer, and deserves to.
  7. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    07 Sep '22 08:24
    @shallow-blue said
    His name is Djokovic, not Djokovich; and he is a proven liar. Anyone who trusts his statements about his "natural immunity" would swallow horse dewormer, and deserves to.
    So now you have to go to a doctor to certify you have covid?
    What if they tell you to stay home instead? They do that if you are not really sick ya know. So you wont spread it to people in the hospital and everywhere on the way.
  8. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    07 Sep '22 23:36
    @no1marauder said
    I posted a fact.

sh76 has been our #1 COVID minimizer for years. Not quite as nutty as you COVID deniers and anti-vaxxers, but with blood on his hands nonetheless.
    Children should not get jabbed.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/cdc-gave-facebook-misinformation-about-covid-19-vaccines-emails-show

https://www.theepochtimes.com/moderna-trial-results-not-strong-enough-to-warrant-emergency-authorization-for-children-experts_4375665.html
  9. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    08 Sep '22 17:072 edits
    @shallow-blue said
    You doubt he had covid? Why? Almost everyone has had covid by now.

Unvaccinated people who don't take precautions and travel around everywhere unmasked?

The percentage of people in that group who have had covid is within a rounding error of 100%.
  10. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    08 Sep '22 17:09
    @metal-brain said
    Children should not get jabbed.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/cdc-gave-facebook-misinformation-about-covid-19-vaccines-emails-show

https://www.theepochtimes.com/moderna-trial-results-not-strong-enough-to-warrant-emergency-authorization-for-children-experts_4375665.html
    How about we let all people make their own damned healthcare decisions for themselves and their minor children?
  11. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    08 Sep '22 19:31
    @sh76 said
    How about we let all people make their own damned healthcare decisions for themselves and their minor children?
    You're welcome to poison your own children with Ivermectin and COVID as much as you like. If they die of it, I do not care.

Just stay away from me. Forever. Keep your poison at home, and lock yourself and your children inside.

My sh76-be-damned healthcare decision is that anti-vaxxers should stay at home, locked up in their cellars, and die in isolation. And watch their children die before their own eyes. And not have a chance to endanger me.

How about you let me make that decision, you libertarian hypocrite?
  12. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    08 Sep '22 19:53
    These anti-vaxxers are rather vexxing.
  13. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    08 Sep '22 19:58
    @shallow-blue said
    You're welcome to poison your own children with Ivermectin and COVID as much as you like. If they die of it, I do not care.

Just stay away from me. Forever. Keep your poison at home, and lock yourself and your children inside.

My sh76-be-damned healthcare decision is that anti-vaxxers should stay at home, locked up in their cellars, and die in isolati ...[text shortened]... chance to endanger me.

How about you let me make that decision, you libertarian hypocrite?
    You seem to have missed the point of libertarianism (and liberty, for that matter).
  14. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    08 Sep '22 22:17
    @sh76 said
    I agree, but something keeps bothering me.
    Some people are condemned for not vaccinating their children. They are called irresponsible parents putting the lives of their children at risk. What about when it is the other way around?

Jabbing children with the gene vaccine does more harm than good. They are more likely to die from the gene vaccine than covid. Isn't it imperative that parents be taught the risks so they can know the right decision to make? Otherwise, these parents that give a dangerous jab to their kids are like religious fanatics that refuse medical care for their children. Right?

It comes down to this: What is best for the children?
    What is the truth about the risks?
  15. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    08 Sep '22 22:25
    @shavixmir said
    These anti-vaxxers are rather vexxing.
    Anti-vax in the same way you're anti-religion, and your state worship has many parallels with the god botherers kneeling before their majic friend in the sky.

Get the vax, any vax, as many times as you like, but you arrange it and you pay for it.

This whole debate evaporates when force and threats of force are removed from the equation.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree