The Budget Deal

The Budget Deal

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
03 Aug 11

How much money is the military going to lose?

E

Moves
03 Aug 11

Assuming that it goes to the trigger, the military will take at least a 1 trillion dollar cut.

HG

Moves
04 Aug 11

Originally posted by uzless
Obama has set himself up for the re-election campaign.

That's all this has ever been about. He's going to campaign on getting rid of the tax cut for the super wealthy. And he'll win because of it. The republicans have only made his point stronger by saying the debt is too high.

The american public is now aware of it and over 60% now think generatin ...[text shortened]... to go now that 2.5 trillion in spending has been cut.

4 more years for Obama. Well done.
Lol, you'r dreaming now, Obama can't lead, he never could,, it was obvious by all those "present" votes he made..Hillary would have been a better choice..

b

lazy boy derivative

Moves
04 Aug 11

Originally posted by normbenign
I don't know about the GOP. In the Bush tax cuts, the wealthy got the smallest percentage reduction, so the tax code became more not less progressive.

The extremely wealthy don't pay taxes, unless they are earning income. The very productive who earn large incomes are already paying the majority of the taxes. To expect them to pay more is simply ugl ...[text shortened]...
How about that the poor and middle class pay their fair share? I happen to be in that group.
Nah, I want class warfare. I'm ready to hit the streets.

"Evrywhere I hear the sound of marching, charging feet, boy
Cause summers here and the time is right for fighting in the street, boy."

g

Pepperland

Moves
04 Aug 11

Originally posted by badmoon
Nah, I want class warfare. I'm ready to hit the streets.

"Evrywhere I hear the sound of marching, charging feet, boy
Cause summers here and the time is right for fighting in the street, boy."
That would certainly be a novel idea, but although the general notion of a popular uprising against entrenched privilege might be congenial to my tastes I doubt it is something that can be realistically accomplished in the US.

It seems that the American working class still largely adheres to the philosophy of unbridled capitalism and is quite tolerant of the inevitable economic discrepancies it produces, presumably because the myth of the success of trickle-down economics is still highly publicized by the media.

Not to mention that only a minority of people is politically informed and aware of the inherent inadequacies of the establishment, you'd have a hard time assembling a group of revolutionaries large enough to take down the system and then replace it with something significantly different. The very idea of class warfare is nothing but the pipe dream of armchair speculators, the working people are too busy making a living to occupy themselves with such a struggle, nobody wants to be fired from their jobs and nobody wants to pick fights they know they'll lose.

HG

Moves
04 Aug 11

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
What's up with that $250,000 figure anyway? Raise taxes for those making over $75,000 to bring the deficit back to 3% of GDP and cut defense spending to bridge the rest. Problem solved.
Kind of unrealistic, I'd say move the figure up. 250K is no longer rich in this country.