1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Mar '21 08:223 edits
    @shavixmir said
    Yes. Every single one.
    And I’m not negative!
    Err... lol. No, originally you didn't think we would manage to leave the EU at all! Then you said we would crash out with no deal and the apocalypse would reign.

And what about:
    - us all starving?
    - medicines not getting though?
    - unemployment skyrocketing (ex - covid)?
    - food prices going mental?
    - all the expats having to give up their homes and come back?
    - foreigners being kicked out of the uk
    - foreign students having their studies interrupted

And god knows what other doom and gloom predictions.

The UK is, covid relative, doing ok. A few teething problems which we expected of course, but we are in good shape. We have a strong covid recovery plan and there is confidence in Sterling.

Furthermore I’m planning of visiting the wonderful Greeks again in the summer, so it’s happy days.

How’s life in your country?

PS I see the EU are now pissing off the Australians with their “grab what’s left” approach to vaccine distribution 😆
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 Mar '21 09:07
    @shavixmir said
    Yes. Every single one.
    And I’m not negative!

I told you all there would be a deal and not much would change.

Obviously I didn’t expect the UK to drop out of the market mechanism (that wasn’t part of the Brexit promise). And I told you that it would seriously hurt British interests, fishing, agriculture, etc.

And it is.
    That the BBC is towing the government’s line ...[text shortened]... a whole pile if problems gets upturned.

From corruption to failing industries.
    It’s not pretty.
    Pretty sure you said we were going off a cliff.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree