Stormfront is taken off line

Stormfront is taken off line

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
29 Aug 17

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/aug/26/stormfront-internets-longest-running-white-suprema/

A white supremacist site has been taken off line as it was deemed a hate site that promoted violence.

Is this a good thing? My only question is, what is considered promoting violence? Are people encouraging others to engage in violence, or is it their rhetoric that is perceived to encourage violence? As detestable as these people are, is free speech under attack here?

My only question would be, what is being considered "encouraging violence"? The article did not elaborate.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
29 Aug 17

Originally posted by @whodey
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/aug/26/stormfront-internets-longest-running-white-suprema/

A white supremacist site has been taken off line as it was deemed a hate site that promoted violence.

Is this a good thing? My only question is, what is considered promoting violence? Are people encouraging others to engage in violence, or is it their ...[text shortened]... tion would be, what is being considered "encouraging violence"? The article did not elaborate.
Shav: "Yes. Tomorrow is international punch a fascist bastard day!"

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
29 Aug 17

Originally posted by @wajoma
Shav: "Yes. Tomorrow is international punch a fascist bastard day!"
Yup.
Although it's morally wrong to punch a nazi, it's equally morally wrong not to.

I'm all for expanding it to republicants on this site, however, just because you are a moron.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
29 Aug 17

Is this a good thing? My only question is, what is considered promoting violence? Are people encouraging others to engage in violence, or is it their ...[text shortened]... tion would be, what is being considered "encouraging violence"? The article did not elaborate.
I never saw their site, so I can't comment on whether they were promoting violence or not.

I can't imagine taking the site down is the way to go though.
Don't want the rats scurrying underground, do we?

Nope. Out in the open for all to laugh at, that's best.

K

Germany

Moves
29 Aug 17

Originally posted by @shavixmir
I never saw their site, so I can't comment on whether they were promoting violence or not.

I can't imagine taking the site down is the way to go though.
Don't want the rats scurrying underground, do we?

Nope. Out in the open for all to laugh at, that's best.
It seems the rats have come to RedHotPawn instead.

Infidel

Moves
29 Aug 17

Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
Wut?

New Braunfels, Texas

Moves
29 Aug 17

Originally posted by @shavixmir

...Although it's morally wrong to punch a nazi, it's equally morally wrong not to...
Brilliant! Have a up-vote

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
29 Aug 17

Originally posted by @great-king-rat
Wut?
Hahaha

Reepy Rastardly Guy

Dustbin of history

Moves
29 Aug 17
1 edit

This is hopefully a prelude to taking down other domestic terrorist groups Antifa/Black Lives Matter/By Any Means Necessary etc..

War.

D

Moves
29 Aug 17
1 edit

rc

Moves
29 Aug 17

The post that was quoted here has been removed
why?

Reepy Rastardly Guy

Dustbin of history

Moves
29 Aug 17

The post that was quoted here has been removed
They are all hateful and violent groups advocating and engaging in street violence.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
29 Aug 17

Originally posted by @sleepyguy
They are all hateful and violent groups advocating and engaging in street violence.
When has BLM "advocated street violence"?

GENS UNA SUMUS

Moves
29 Aug 17

It was a decision made by the owner of the site, after tolerating them for a long time. I have read that he even expressed regret and said he was in a bad mood at the time.

However, this is a privately owned site. Why do owner have a duty to host such material if it conflicts with their values so severely?

Among other things, they are bad for business - driving away advertising revenue. Now that can't be good!

New Braunfels, Texas

Moves
29 Aug 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
And Mooses too. 🙂