1. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    15 Jan '20 23:11
    @kazetnagorra said
    In fact, U.S. people in the top 5% of income work fewer hours than the group in the 40-95% top incomes:

https://www.epi.org/publication/ib348-trends-us-work-hours-wages-1979-2007/
    I looked at your link. I myself used to work like that, and moved on up the ladder. The American way. So, they keep working,,,,,worky, worky, worky,...and then they move up that ladder. This is not hard to understand. They dont do something stupid like get married and have 3 kids, or they will never see good success. As they go up the ladder, they seek advice, make good investments. I would prob be astounded at people who do not plan for the future, save money, plan retirement. What are they going to do when they hit 70? ahhhhhh, the government. You gonna teach this to your kids?

I really dont get what you are saying, I really dont. Are you saying everyone should work the same hours, and get the same pay, and live in the same type of house, and have the same amount of cars???
  2. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    16 Jan '20 06:55
    @AverageJoe1
    You know what I think? I think it's kind of nice that you don't know what we're talking about.
    It's a grim world for us tbh, the way we see things.
    I like your view, I wish it was true.
  3. Germany
    Moves
    16 Jan '20 07:25
    @averagejoe1 said
    I looked at your link. I myself used to work like that, and moved on up the ladder.
    No, you didn't.
  4. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    16 Jan '20 13:19
    @yo-its-me said
    @AverageJoe1
    You know what I think? I think it's kind of nice that you don't know what we're talking about.
    It's a grim world for us tbh, the way we see things.
    I like your view, I wish it was true.
    It is true, happening everyday. Instead of watching the train go by, and stewiing over money of rich folks, get on the train. My comment may sound mean spirited, it is difficult to spar with those who hate our president, celebrating not ONE of his accomplishments. Ever. Hard to understand, to know what you are talking about. Patriotically yours, Average Joe
  5. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    16 Jan '20 14:04
    @averagejoe1 said
    It is true, happening everyday. Instead of watching the train go by, and stewiing over money of rich folks, get on the train. My comment may sound mean spirited, it is difficult to spar with those who hate our president, celebrating not ONE of his accomplishments. Ever. Hard to understand, to know what you are talking about. Patriotically yours, Average Joe
    We know that the American socio-economic system and society is doused with a healthy dose of Darwinism.
    And that's ok by me for the most part.
    But far too often the debates are conducted on the extremes of both sides of the argument.
    I personally wish that there was some middle ground coming out of these debates.

But the fact remains that the current President in the White House has a lot of questions to answer for his behavior before and after his election as President.
    That's why he got impeached.
    And btw, that impeachment is the books !!
    The history books !!

Carry on.
  6. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    17 Jan '20 00:24
    @AverageJoe1
    Not mean spirited, blissfully ignorant ;-)
    What do you think of as a trump success?
  7. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    17 Jan '20 01:14
    @yo-its-me said
    @AverageJoe1
    Not mean spirited, blissfully ignorant ;-)
    What do you think of as a trump success?
    I think of everything he has done, which is readily available on google. The economy, military, you name it , but the very best accomplishment??????

His appointments of judges to all of the courts. We need 4 more years for him to perfect all of the courts. This is extremely important.
  8. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    17 Jan '20 07:51
    @AverageJoe1
    Oh is the American ecomany improving? I thought the gap was just widening?
  9. Germany
    Moves
    17 Jan '20 07:59
    @averagejoe1 said
    I think of everything he has done, which is readily available on google. The economy, military, you name it , but the very best accomplishment??????

His appointments of judges to all of the courts. We need 4 more years for him to perfect all of the courts. This is extremely important.
    It speaks volumes that Trump's biggest "accomplishment" is something for which he did nothing at all.
  10. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    17 Jan '20 15:21
    @yo-its-me said
    @AverageJoe1
    Oh is the American ecomany improving? I thought the gap was just widening?
    See the business channels.
  11. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    17 Jan '20 15:21
    @kazetnagorra said
    It speaks volumes that Trump's biggest "accomplishment" is something for which he did nothing at all.
    ?
  12. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    18 Jan '20 14:32
    @AverageJoe1
    ? I have BBC......
  13. Germany
    Moves
    18 Jan '20 14:37
    @averagejoe1 said
    ?
    Rubber-stamping some Republicans judges picked by the Republican establishment isn't an "accomplishment."
  14. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    18 Jan '20 14:51
    @KazetNagorra
    Isn't it amazing how liars are managing to convince the people!
    Almost half of Trump’s promises from the 2016 campaign have been blocked or dropped. PolitiFact rated 18 percent of Trump’s promises as Broken and 27 percent as Stalled, meaning no significant action has been accomplished.
    50/50 any statement from him will prove true.
    Yet he's not much more popular or not popular than any US president (https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/)
    It's the same here. Boris can really say anything, as long as he's going to 'get Brexit done'!
  15. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    18 Jan '20 16:19
    @kazetnagorra said
    Rubber-stamping some Republicans judges picked by the Republican establishment isn't an "accomplishment."
    This one deserves TWO question marks! So, following your lib-logic, and diversionary, seque-ism, you would say that since Trump did not go to the air bases and work on building F-16s, that someone else did it, that he is not responsible for building our military up???? Kazet, you need to be a little more flexible, reasonable. You been around our lib posters too much.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree