San Fran School District Declares Acronyms Racist

San Fran School District Declares Acronyms Racist

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D

Moves
04 Feb 21

This is some seriously stoopit chit here:
https://abc7news.com/amp/sfusd-renaming-schools-board-meeting-san-francisco-school-sf/10229093/

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
04 Feb 21

@Dood111
This is your business how?

D

Moves
04 Feb 21

@sonhouse said
@Dood111
This is your business how?
It's my business because it's an example of the retarded nonsense the schools in my country are doing.

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
04 Feb 21
1 edit

@dood111 said
This is some seriously stoopit chit here:
https://abc7news.com/amp/sfusd-renaming-schools-board-meeting-san-francisco-school-sf/10229093/
Renaming schools. That's your big controversy?? Sounds like pretty serious stuff!

What's your next one? Jewish engineered space lasers starting wildfires in the western US? 😏

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
04 Feb 21

@mchill said
Renaming schools. That's your big controversy?? Sounds like pretty serious stuff!

What's your next one? Jewish engineered space lasers starting wildfires in the western US? 😏
You're just jealous because you didn't get a space laser for Hanukah.

Mine is awesome! I was bored last week so I torched Vallejo.

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
04 Feb 21
1 edit

@sh76 said

Mine is awesome! I was bored last week so I torched Vallejo.

Yeah, I was really down about that. Now I'm repressed and have to go to therapy. 😢

D

Moves
04 Feb 21

@mchill said

Not about renaming schools, you obviously didn't read the article, they declared that ACRONYMS were steeped in white privilege and racist so they set about changing them.

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
04 Feb 21

@dood111 said
Not about renaming schools, you obviously didn't read the article, they declared that ACRONYMS were steeped in white privilege and racist so they set about changing them.
Well, that's pretty serious stuff! My ACRONYM is steeped in green privilege. I lost an online chess game yesterday because one of my white rooks has "issues" with the c3 square and wouldn't go near it! Now my rook is repressed and has to join me in therapy (fortunately it's group, so we can split the cost) 😏

D

Moves
04 Feb 21

@mchill said
Well, that's pretty serious stuff! 😏
It IS pretty serious stuff, it shows how retarded our school systems and society in general have become, making such stupid assertions and declaring the most petty nonsense to be racist and claiming it's an example of the dreaded White Privilege that permeates the entire Known Universe....

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
04 Feb 21

@dood111 said
It IS pretty serious stuff, it shows how retarded our school systems and society in general have become, making such stupid assertions and declaring the most petty nonsense to be racist and claiming it's an example of the dreaded White Privilege that permeates the entire Known Universe....
I would submit our public schools do a reasonably good job of educating our children. I would also submit you're trying a little too hard to create a controversy.

Maybe you'll get better mileage dredging up another Hunter Biden story.

D

Moves
04 Feb 21

@mchill said
I would submit our public schools do a reasonably good job of educating our children. I would also submit you're trying a little too hard to create a controversy.
Yeah California is doing a great job, so great they gotta worry about acronyms being racist:
https://calmatters.org/commentary/2020/01/functional-illiteracy/

D

Moves
04 Feb 21
1 edit

@mchill said
Nonsense.
In 1997 when I took the California Educational Skills test to become a teacher, almost half the people I spoke with were retaking it because they didn't pass the math or writing skills portion. Since they were recent college grads, i was concerned because I was 25 years older than them.
When I got to the test I was offended at how simple it was.
If college grads had trouble passing the piddly little test I breezed through after graduating from college 25 years earlier, it doesn't
say much for the job California is doing as far as education.
Sadly towards the end of my retirement I have to say I noticed the same thing in Arizona, I worked with teachers much younger that had a shocking lack of basic skills in math and writing.
The fact is we have dumbed down our education system so that ...certain groups can graduate.
Sue me if the truth offends you.

GP

Moves
04 Feb 21
1 edit

I'm confused 🤔

This guy says acronyms are racist and then he says this...

"It is a very simple step we can take to just be referred to as the SFUSD Arts Department for families to better understand who we are," explained Sam Bass, Director of the SFUSD Arts Department.

So how long before an "initialism" is considered racist 😆

(SFUSD is an initialism for those that don't know.)

D

Moves
05 Feb 21
2 edits

D

Moves
05 Feb 21

The post that was quoted here has been removed
OMG you are a tard, I didn't say that , that was from the article.
Unbelievable.